Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
701 - 720 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
278 Posts
Just spoke with my dealer who, to be fair, has been as honest as he can. On checking my order, the latest he could give me was that my Feb 17th order (although no build date yet), now has an estimated delivery between May and August, so hopefully better than the November date that’s been spoken of. However who knows what will happen between now and then.
He did say though that Kia are not as reliant on supplies from Ukraine as other manufacturers, or indeed affected by the semiconductor problem, but the major problem is the sheer number of new orders. According to him there are more than 300 orders for the UK Sportage (various models) on back order awaiting build dates.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2022 4 hev 2wd excellence green in order
5 Posts
Also just spoken to my dealer who pretty much confirmed same however date we were given was may to nov our order is a 4 spec hev in green not sure if this makes a difference or not

·
Super Moderator
10,567 Posts
He did say though that Kia are not as reliant on supplies from Ukraine as other manufacturers, or indeed affected by the semiconductor problem, but the major problem is the sheer number of new orders. According to him there are more than 300 orders for the UK Sportage (various models) on back order awaiting build dates.
I'll just leave this link...

300 is not even a 3rd of a days production 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2022 Sportage GT-Line S standard red HEV ordered 21 March
18 Posts
Anyone who has a lease order in place- are you speaking to the lease company or the supplying dealer?
Mid March order for a red GT Line S HEV 2WD, still no info from lease company.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
77 Posts
Also just spoken to my dealer who pretty much confirmed same however date we were given was may to nov our order is a 4 spec hev in green not sure if this makes a difference or not
I also ordered the same in 2wd. When was your order date and what is the current quoted delivery date?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'll just leave this link...

300 is not even a 3rd of a days production 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps they won't be completing any Russian orders and thus free up more capacity to avoid a Sportage shortage :)

·
Registered
Ordered (Mid March) Sportage (Mk 5) GT Line S 1.6 T GDi HEV Infra Red/black roof
24 Posts
Anyone who has a lease order in place- are you speaking to the lease company or the supplying dealer?
For my order, this time I've had contact from the Kia dealer, with order number etc, also had an update communication from them saying the standard delay until October. This has differed from previous leases though as never had contact from dealer until delivery.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lease company. They're not keen on giving me the dealer's details for some reason...

I've been told before Novemeber but not much more. Same car but in green with black roof.

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
412 Posts
Supplying Dealer for updates, and in fact they said they would be the next people I hear from when it arrives into stock with them.
Mine was a PHEV order placed in late March and due late August apparently.

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts
Just been advised by my dealer that my order GTlineS AWD has arrived at Immingham(y)(y) Next month delivery :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kia Sportage:GT-Line S 1.6 T 6 Speed Auto PHEV Plug-In : Delivery Dates
We ordered one of these on 15th Feb 22, the sales chap indicated that delivery would be 8 -12 weeks from order date, which we excepted . They said they would keep us undated to where the order was placed and the progress etc.
I haven’t had one phone call from them, only return calls when we’ve rang them which isn’t particularly good. The 12 weeks are up on the 12th May 22. When we have rang them and managed to speak to sales, we’ve had the usual [ Semiconductor problems , The War , Brexit ] etc. We’ve had quite an array different delivery weeks saying it could be June or may be August this year.
Anyway to cut a long story short, we have spoke to other dealerships and they all come up with something totally different on delivery times, and ideas to what they think, 'near to the truth'.
One dealer rang me back yesterday 24th Feb 22 and said one of their orders for a customers which was ordered 31st Jan 22 [ Plug-In] has been logged to be delivered first / second week of May 22.

My question is to anyone out there, has any dealer or customer taken delivery of the Sportage Plug-In recently, or has anyone got an approx date of their’s been delivered.
I just which these dealerships would do what they say there going to do ie keep customers posted because they do have access to the Kia production web site .

Many Thanks to anyone who could give me some positive hope .

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a totally bog standard red GT Line HEV on the 14/03 via a leasing company who provide lease deals for a KIA dealer. I was told May/June time.

Emailed them last week and stated I’d like an update from the dealer - rec’d a response that the car is on route to the dealer and will be arriving very soon although not on site yet !

So I can only presume it’s imminent? Unless it takes months to arrive ?!

·
Registered
2022 Sportage GT-Line S standard red HEV ordered 21 March
18 Posts
I ordered a totally bog standard red GT Line HEV on the 14/03 via a leasing company who provide lease deals for a KIA dealer. I was told May/June time.

Emailed them last week and stated I’d like an update from the dealer - rec’d a response that the car is on route to the dealer and will be arriving very soon although not on site yet !

So I can only presume it’s imminent? Unless it takes months to arrive ?!
That’s great- you ordered about a week before me, but different spec so might be why I’ve still got no updates.

·
Super Moderator
10,567 Posts
We ordered one of these on 15th Feb 22, the sales chap indicated that delivery would be 8 -12 weeks from order date, which we excepted . They said they would keep us undated to where the order was placed and the progress etc.
I haven’t had one phone call from them, only return calls when we’ve rang them which isn’t particularly good. The 12 weeks are up on the 12th May 22. When we have rang them and managed to speak to sales, we’ve had the usual [ Semiconductor problems , The War , Brexit ] etc. We’ve had quite an array different delivery weeks saying it could be June or may be August this year.
Anyway to cut a long story short, we have spoke to other dealerships and they all come up with something totally different on delivery times, and ideas to what they think, 'near to the truth'.
One dealer rang me back yesterday 24th Feb 22 and said one of their orders for a customers which was ordered 31st Jan 22 [ Plug-In] has been logged to be delivered first / second week of May 22.

My question is to anyone out there, has any dealer or customer taken delivery of the Sportage Plug-In recently, or has anyone got an approx date of their’s been delivered.
I just which these dealerships would do what they say there going to do ie keep customers posted because they do have access to the Kia production web site .

Hi & Welcome.
I've merged this with the other thread on Sportage delivery.

Pretty sure that no one has received one yet.
A quick search of this thread has a couple saying roughly August. But dates have been slipping lately. So In reality until you have a build date, then it's hard to say. You could be looking at December?

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
412 Posts
I believe @KevinBattle has his PHEV already.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m waiting for a exact date as to when my order will be hopefully read. I ordered a Dark Pinta Metal & Black roof Sportage GT-Line S HEV automatic and was told due late Oct- Early Nov.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

Go back one page to Post #690 :)
If it's any help Kia UK management and senior KCS managers are aware of the issue of order delay times.
I believe they are working with the factory to prioritise deliveries to UK.
We may have simply been lucky, as no doubt if any parts are in short supply, then they'll build waht cars they can that DON'T require those components.
So it ay well be that the "simpler" versions will be produced simply to fulfill what orders they can.
Hyundai have started producing their own chips in Korea, not much help for European production, unless it frees up suppliers to distribute to Hyundai/Kia in Europe.....

·
Registered
Order Sportage GT Line S Petrol HVE FWD Penta & Black roof 11th April 22
35 Posts
I’m waiting for a exact date as to when my order will be hopefully read. I ordered a Dark Pinta Metal & Black roof Sportage GT-Line S HEV automatic and was told due late Oct- Early Nov.
Same here and I ordered just 2 weeks ago

701 - 720 of 1877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.