Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
641 - 660 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts
IS IT THE FIRST DAY OF APRIL?? That was my first question to a telephone call from my dealer today when he said. "We have a chassis number for your order and it's awaiting shipment" He assured me that it's looking good for May of THIS YEAR!!!!
Fingers crossed.
GTLineS AWD HEV auto Experience Green Two tone (y) :)

·
Registered
Now: Mazda 6 Tourer GT Sport Nav + New: Sportage GT-Line S HEV AWD
35 Posts
IS IT THE FIRST DAY OF APRIL?? That was my first question to a telephone call from my dealer today when he said. "We have a chassis number for your order and it's awaiting shipment" He assured me that it's looking good for May of THIS YEAR!!!!
Fingers crossed.
That is exactly what I have ordered. Pics please when you get it :)

·
Registered
On order: GT Line S Sportage 1.6 HEV Auto AWD - Blue Flame / Black Roof
11 Posts
Fingers crossed.
That’s promising! I’ve ordered the GT Line S AWD HEV Blue Flame/ Black Roof. Hopefully won’t be long. Hope you enjoy it when you get it 🙂

·
Registered
55 Posts
When did you order?
Fingers crossed.
Sport meant to quote this one!

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
199 Posts
Anyone had any updates on their '4' HEV orders?
Not sure if anyone has any new updates from their dealers on any of the models. I spoke to mine again last week and he doesn't have any updates on the car I ordered in Feb, he says still looking like Nov, but he hopes it will before that. Where I was going for the 22 plate, now looks like the 72 plate.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think if they tell us Nov and it turns up before, they are hoping we will be happy with the earlier delivery time. I agree it is a long time to wait for a car, probably not the best year to buy one, but then all car manufacturers are having the same delays.
My friend ordered a Jaguar F-Pace and she has been told 1 years wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure if anyone has any new updates from their dealers on any of the models. I spoke to mine again last week and he doesn't have any updates on the car I ordered in Feb, he says still looking like Nov, but he hopes it will before that. Where I was going for the 22 plate, now looks like the 72 plate.
Id keep on at them Lindy, ive bought the same as you and ordered in feb. Pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered 4th Jan, was previously told the November date, but was yesterday advised by the dealer that the car had gone in to production with an estimated delivery date of end of May. Fingers crossed.
4HEV 2WD

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ordered GT-Line S HEV in late Feb.
Estimated delivery date was end of April.
Cancelled order earlier this month after hearing about delay until November.
Spent a week searching for & contacting dealers about demo / showroom models.
Finally found an available one yesterday, secured it and picking it up next week.

So moral of the story - don’t give up or be disheartened by slips in delivery date. Assuming you can be flexible on colour you’ll probably be able to find more and more as time goes on. Most dealers didn't have any available / weren't prepared to sell demo / showroom models but several did have numerous lower spec models available i.e. GT Lines & launch editions. Definitely worth contacting dealers everywhere if you're in a similar situation to me and needed a car sooner. Tip: I think there's one GT-Line S available in Northern Ireland at the minute: New Stock | Portadown, Co. Armagh | Shelbourne Motors

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, fingers crossed. I am hoping my delivery date of November will be by July as I wanted the car before I go on holiday. I decided to change my car on the spur of the moment, doesn't have quite the same impact if I have to wait until the end of the year.
Ordered GT-Line S HEV in late Feb.
Estimated delivery date was end of April.
Cancelled order earlier this month after hearing about delay until November.
Spent a week searching for & contacting dealers about demo / showroom models.
Finally found an available one yesterday, secured it and picking it up next week.

So moral of the story - don’t give up or be disheartened by slips in delivery date. Assuming you can be flexible on colour you’ll probably be able to find more and more as time goes on. Most dealers didn't have any available / weren't prepared to sell demo / showroom models but several did have numerous lower spec models available i.e. GT Lines & launch editions. Definitely worth contacting dealers everywhere if you're in a similar situation to me and needed a car sooner. Tip: I think there's one GT-Line S available in Northern Ireland at the minute: New Stock | Portadown, Co. Armagh | Shelbourne Motors
I will just wait as I am not in urgent need for a car as I only bought my other Sportage 18 months ago which is fine but decided to change the car for the Gen 5.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered GT-Line S HEV early in March. Told at that time that the 8 to 12 weeks originally given when I first test drove was now 20 to 24 weeks.
Yesterday I received the following from the dealer.

"In more usual times, your new Kia might already be on your driveway. Unfortunately Kia, along with all manufacturers, have experienced delays in the sourcing of parts and logistics.
The reasons for this are varied. Some countries from which parts are sourced are still affected by Covid shutdowns, and those that are recovering from the pandemic are experiencing difficulties in re-establishing their supply chains. The situation in Ukraine, and the resulting restrictions on Russian trade, have had further impact.
While not all vehicles are subject to unanticipated delays, forward guidance is increasingly difficult as build dates and transport logistics are subject to frequent change. To avoid giving information that later transpires to be inaccurate, many systems that usually provide delivery estimates are not currently available to us. This means that our teams don’t receive confirmed supply information until much later than usual."

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Ordered GT-Line S HEV early in March. Told at that time that the 8 to 12 weeks originally given when I first test drove was now 20 to 24 weeks.
Yesterday I received the following from the dealer.

"In more usual times, your new Kia might already be on your driveway. Unfortunately Kia, along with all manufacturers, have experienced delays in the sourcing of parts and logistics.
The reasons for this are varied. Some countries from which parts are sourced are still affected by Covid shutdowns, and those that are recovering from the pandemic are experiencing difficulties in re-establishing their supply chains. The situation in Ukraine, and the resulting restrictions on Russian trade, have had further impact.
While not all vehicles are subject to unanticipated delays, forward guidance is increasingly difficult as build dates and transport logistics are subject to frequent change. To avoid giving information that later transpires to be inaccurate, many systems that usually provide delivery estimates are not currently available to us. This means that our teams don’t receive confirmed supply information until much later than usual."
:goodpost:
That seems to be an open and honest assessment of the current ongoing issues

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
278 Posts
I wonder if that’s a message from Kia themselves or whether it’s your dealer just being honest. Either way it’s probably the best explanation of the current situation that’s been put forward so far.

Reactions: dhb
641 - 660 of 1877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.