Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
381 - 400 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
We've bought each of our Sportys at 3 years, getting deals we couldn't refuse each March for MOT. We drive down to Spain 3rd or 4th week of March and the new Sporty has always been ready about a week before we go...
This one is behind schedule, as when placing order 4th Feb the dealership obviously remember why we need the car. Was due 18th, then 25th, but now I've broken my shoulder and can't share the drive, our Spain trip is off for now, so just waiting.. Big issue is "Do we put any more petrol in" as just about 70 miles left.... :)

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
412 Posts
Big issue is "Do we put any more petrol in" as just about 70 miles left.... :)
The time honoured tradition of an imminent new car - the £5 fill up lol though at todays prices it's more likely to be £15 instead!

Reactions: Ting Tong

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I've broken my shoulder
You have my sympathy, 'KevinBattle', as I fell off a ladder a while back and shredded the tendons supporting the rotator cuff on my left shoulder. It will never be right again and although an operation can be performed on younger people with reasonable success, the surgeon refused to operate on me on account of my age and the known poor success rate in older men.

I'm flying home to Spain in a couple of weeks although I opted for Almeria where there are zero rental cars available to fit with my dates. Sadly, I didn't think to check that before booking the flights but I have arranged a chauffeur + car one-way to VP although a friend offered to pick me up and take me back to the airport for departure. As they are elderly, I don't want to put them out so I shall probably get the chauffeur service back to LEI. While at VP, I shall use the bike mostly but may hire a car locally in the second week (post-Easter) to venture further afield.

As luck would have it, had I opted for a flight to Alicante, I could have collected my son's Merc from secure long-term parking and poodled around in that while there. Mind you, it's a 12-cylinder job and I hate to think what the fuel cost might be with the cost of fuel at the moment.

Hopefully, their recent, extraordinarily poor weather will be gone by the time I get down there. Meanwhile, I just need to stay clear of the imbeciles who think it's ok now to go about maskless and eschew social distancing, totally ignoring the official stats that reveal 708 Covid deaths over the last three days in the UK.

I'm sure you'll manage another trip later this year when the shoulder is much improved. All the best with the rehabilitation.

Reactions: KevinBattle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heard from my dealer this afternoon, my KIA Sportage Gen.5 GT Line 1.6 T GDi HEV is on a car transporter en route to the dealership and should arrive there tomorrow, and after that I should receive it mid next week......

From ordering on 22-02-2022 to delivery on 01-04-2022 that is nearly 6 weeks, it has to be the fastest time from ordering a brand new KIA to driving it away I have experienced so far.

I am impressed as always with all my KIA Sportage`s so far, lets hope this one is no different
You won't be disappointed, I picked my GT Line S earlier this week...its a great car

·
Registered
2019 Sportage 4 1.6 GDi in White
15 Posts
You say that, but the vehicle I have at the moment is up for part-ex, and the VED, MOT and servicing are due at the end of August, so I expect a large chunk to be taken off my very favourable part-ex quote.🤨
If you have done a proposal with dealer, the px price should be same. Assuming you keep your payments up. That’s what mine did. Got 20500 for mine. It’s fixed now until my car comes.
I had to mot and service mine which I was gutted about.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Heard from my dealer this afternoon, my KIA Sportage Gen.5 GT Line 1.6 T GDi HEV is on a car transporter en route to the dealership and should arrive there tomorrow, and after that I should receive it mid next week......

From ordering on 22-02-2022 to delivery on 01-04-2022 that is nearly 6 weeks, it has to be the fastest time from ordering a brand new KIA to driving it away I have experienced so far.

I am impressed as always with all my KIA Sportage`s so far, lets hope this one is no different
wow! Cool. I ordered a day after you but no phone call yet

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Thanks, Indalo man
Black Symbol Font Circle Symmetry

:)
We've exchanged notes before about that wonderful part of Spain.
Fate seems to have intervened as, on the day we were due to arrive in Mojacar, a Spanish lady put in a good offer to buy our apartment. Due to covid we'd already sussed what to do to sell "remotely" but were hoping for one last holiday - then I fell into a mud pile and tried to grab the handrail - Ouch! is what I said
So it will probably be the end of our 15 year love affair with our place in the sun... :(
(Admin et al, apologies for "off topic" but Indalo and I have chatted before....

On topic - no news yet on delivery date - sales will get an earful from Mrs Axe later today!

Reactions: iooi and mr.macspot

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line (poverty spec) HEV Infra Red.
243 Posts
I was told that mine was on the transporter last Tuesday. I can only presume that they are taking it for a little tour of the UK before I get my grubby mitts on it because there ain’t no sign of it yet 🥱

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line (poverty spec) HEV Infra Red.
243 Posts
I don’t think the wheels are those diamond cut thingamibobs at least I hope not and there is a goodly amount of sidewall on those tyres all which bodes well for ride and hopefully minimising the likelihood of curbing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There she blows, one “Poverty Spec HEV”
It really does look good in Infra Red, im so glad i opted for this colour myself. Oh and its hardly poverty spec!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would say that the HEV has "normal" alloy wheels, its the ICE and PHEV that have the Diamond Cut ones on them.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
22 sportage gt line flame blue
66 Posts
Really pleased about that, last car I had with Diamond Cut’s made me flipping paranoid. Now comfort and practically is the name of the game. 👍
Are those seats the suede leather quilt design?

381 - 400 of 1877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.