Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
View attachment 14717
Called it didn't I. Kia replied to someone on Facebook saying the HEV's are looking to be August now. Not July. Good news for PHEV owners though, with a quicker delivery time now quoted. Anyone want to take bets on the HEV's being delayed further to September?
That’s for a car ordered today though? nothing about cars ordered in Jan / Feb or before. I’ll be very tempted to cancel purely if I find out dealer knew about delays and didn’t inform me. I’ve had zero contact from dealer since placing order.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've had zero contact from dealer since placing order.
If your dealer ISN'T calling you, there's nothing to stop you contacting them :)
It doesn't need to get to that aggressive sounding stage "tempted to cancel if dealer knew about delays..."
We've been regularly in touch with our dealer (well, perhaps as it's our 4th Sporty we're better known to them) but contact can be two ways.
Because we have kept in touch, especially on delivery, we've been happy that they have kept us informed.
It's like many things, if you order something then "disappear" they think a) everything with you is OK; b) because they have other calls on their time they don't follow up unless need to.
Give them a call, as a friendly chat and as about latest info they have and how many times your order has been chased by them. It could be the serene swan on the surface and rushing like mad below.
It's a people business, you get on with the sales staff and they respond in kind.

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts
My dealer has kept me updated on a regular basis but has not been able to give any delivery times. They seem to be of the opinion that the AWD GTlineS version is experiencing the most delays caused by all of the extra amount of the so called chips that this model requires;). Sad as my local chippy always has those in excess LOL

Reactions: KevinBattle

·
Registered
38 Posts
That’s for a car ordered today though? nothing about cars ordered in Jan / Feb or before. I’ll be very tempted to cancel purely if I find out dealer knew about delays and didn’t inform me. I’ve had zero contact from dealer since placing order.
Nope. Somebody else had asked who had ordered end of February and got same template response.

·
Registered
Now: Mazda 6 Tourer GT Sport Nav + New: Sportage GT-Line S HEV AWD
35 Posts
I think it is fair to say they are not doing this to annoy their customers and there are similar delays from other manufacturers. I originally ordered an AWD from Mazda, a CX5 GT Sport 2.5l AWD and that was delayed until August, but now swapped for a GT-Line S 1.6 HEV AWD with similar deliver times, but better MPG :). It is extremely frustrating as I want my new toy now, but it is the same across the whole piece. Especially with new build models.

I want my car as soon as possible and I am sure Kia will deliver it as soon as they can as they will be losing customers and orders because of these delays, but I am not sure you will get any better from other companies, unless they have models in stock, which they wont have if a new model like this sportage...

Apologies if stating the obvious.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You're spot on @Buster54.

Ironically, I looked at the Mazda's too. Current car is a Mazda 3.

I think what has annoyed people a bit with Kia is they intimated that they were immune from such delays that were crippling other manufacturers.

Someone posted an article from Auto Trader on another post on here where they said they were very confident around their quoted delivery estimates. (I think they said 8 weeks for the EV6 or something, and those have been delayed many months more!)

When I ordered my Sportage in February, if they said "Summer 2022" as opposed to "by the end of May 2022", I'd have understood. I'd have even understood if they gave no estimated delivery date at all! A "TBC" on my order form would have sufficed.

One for @Kia Customer Service to take on board as feedback perhaps.

·
Registered
Now: Mazda 6 Tourer GT Sport Nav + New: Sportage GT-Line S HEV AWD
35 Posts
You're spot on @Buster54.

Ironically, I looked at the Mazda's too. Current car is a Mazda 3.

I think what has annoyed people a bit with Kia is they intimated that they were immune from such delays that were crippling other manufacturers.

Someone posted an article from Auto Trader on another post on here where they said they were very confident around their quoted delivery estimates. (I think they said 8 weeks for the EV6 or something, and those have been delayed many months more!)

When I ordered my Sportage in February, if they said "Summer 2022" as opposed to "by the end of May 2022", I'd have understood. I'd have even understood if they gave no estimated delivery date at all! A "TBC" on my order form would have sufficed.

One for @Kia Customer Service to take on board as feedback perhaps.
I agree fully. The issue here is communications not delays, as we understand everywhere is facing the same difficulties, just be honest...

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's like many things, if you order something then "disappear" they think a) everything with you is OK; b) because they have other calls on their time they don't follow up unless need to.
Give them a call, as a friendly chat and as about latest info they have and how many times your order has been chased by them. It could be the serene swan on the surface and rushing like mad below.
It's a people business, you get on with the sales staff and they respond in kind.
I'm in the service business. If the estimated deadline / scope of a project or product deviates from what you originally told the client, it's not acceptable under any circumstances to just assume the client will be ok with it without informing them of the change. In this case we're talking about estimates of 8 weeks or so that have doubled or tripled. I don't know of any customer in any industry that would be ok with not being informed of that change as soon as it was known.

The reality is we should all have order numbers that can be checked ourselves with automated emails sent when status changes. As others have said, the delay isn't the problem, it's communication. No communication to me means everything is as expected and last agreed. I'm going to be annoyed if my dealer gets back to me later today and says yes, my order will take 6 months as opposed to the 2 I was told.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They should "under promise and over deliver" when it comes to their delivery estimates.

If they think it's highly probable your car will be ready in say, August. Put October on the order sheet. Then when it arrives much sooner than that, you feel like they've pulled out all the stops for you. Or if they honestly don't know, put "TBC". As you say @jtg2021 - having an online checker would be great. Also saves the dealerships' being constantly asked about when a customers car will be ready too.

They've done a very bad job of communicating and framing the delivery delay situation across the whole brand unfortunately.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
433 Posts
Don't agree I refer a accurate date so arrangements can be made.

If there's a delay due to a war or other then that's just bad luck.

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
278 Posts
I’ve been monitoring the Tiguan forum as well, where there are many people who’ve had orders in for a lot longer than those of us waiting for the new Sportage, and what most are unhappy with is the lack of communication from VW with respect to their orders, and are considering (or have) cancelling/cancelled their orders, mainly because of the frustration.

This appears to be mainly down to VW themselves (with some apathy from dealers), so Kia could well learn a lesson from this by just being up front and honest about the delays with their customers. I’m not saying that hoards of people with orders are likely to jump ship, but honesty does tend to appease to some extent, and once a bad reputation has been set it would be very difficult to make good, and this is the last thing that Kia would want I’m sure.

Unfortunately there’s truth in what they say……. in a mud slinging contest, some will stick!

281 - 300 of 1877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.