Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sportage GT-Line S standard red HEV ordered 21 March
14 Posts
I’ve had a lease order in since Mid March for a standard GT Line S FWD HEV. Still no update from the lease company on delivery times, think they’re getting fed up of me chasing!
Still, I’m glad that Kia Contract Hire (who my current lease is with) are being sensible- basically giving me an additional 90 days on my current lease, charged at the same rate I pay now, but paid in arrears by the day.
So as much as I hate waiting for my shiny new car (and will probably have to service the old one as well), at least I won’t be left without a motor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone who has a lease order in place- are you speaking to the lease company or the supplying dealer?
Mid March order for a red GT Line S HEV 2WD, still no info from lease company.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered a totally bog standard red GT Line HEV on the 14/03 via a leasing company who provide lease deals for a KIA dealer. I was told May/June time.

Emailed them last week and stated I’d like an update from the dealer - rec’d a response that the car is on route to the dealer and will be arriving very soon although not on site yet !

So I can only presume it’s imminent? Unless it takes months to arrive ?!
That’s great- you ordered about a week before me, but different spec so might be why I’ve still got no updates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, GT Line S HEV 2WD, Penta Metal with Black roof. Dealer stated Dec 2022 when I ordered, but got a call/text yesterday from dealer and now they say it will come between July and September 2022, Here's hoping.......
I’d be very surprised at that date range, given people who seem to have ordered the same spec (if different colours) seem to be getting dates way later than that, having ordered months ago. Fingers crossed your dealer isn’t blowing smoke up your proverbial, it‘d be good news all round.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well here's hoping...., After Sept is just fine with me, even up to the end of the year, at least I'll get a 72 plate :)

I see see you have the same model as me on order, as stated in your signature, but in Red, that's great :)
I’ll be sure to keep the forum updated as to when I get my vehicle, I’ve had better updates on the situation here than from my lease company so it’s the least I could do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Out of interest, which lease company have you used?
I was going to go through leasing options, but won’t touch then again. They wasted two weeks because they took my order without actually having any vehicles to supply. Essentially they advertised a really good price, then tried to get a dealer to supply once people had signed up. They didn’t bother to inform me that no one would take their offer, which probably equates to 3 months delayed delivery.
Ended up going with Lex automotive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
PauloC, i ordered through Leasing Options on 28th Jan and have the order documentation and contract signed....are you saying that Leasing Options are pushing orders through even though they don't have the supply?
That is what I understand happened in my case. Think I only got as far as having the application completed and agreed, when I chased them they said that they couldn’t supply as the dealer wouldn’t accept the price. If they’d done things legitimately they’d have this agreed up front with the dealer.
Given you’ve a contract in place you’ll be fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I posted a few weeks ago, I managed to speak to the UK head of sales at a launch event and asked him about the Ukraine issue. He was clear that it wouldn’t affect the factory in Slovakia as they have other supply routes. He did say however that the problem they had was a lack of drivers from Ukraine to drive the transporters to Germany where they are distributed.
You believed someone who is a sufficiently accomplished liar to become head of a sales department? 😂😜

·
Registered
14 Posts
So salesman called today saying my order is going through faster than first thought and I’m now looking at end of Aug/early Sept, I asked him if it comes in late August could he delay registration and they can but only for 7-10 days, so I actually hope that it comes September now.
That would be a good bit of news if accurate. No way of knowing if the dealer is working with new information or is just feeling optimistic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had a message from my lease company, so the update to the dealers is starting to filter out. Vehicles ordered Feb-Apr are due to be delivered by November. Nothing new really, I’d kinda resigned myself to this timescale based on information I saw here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a message from Kia UK saying that the high spec HEVS are most demanded, hence the additional backlog. My March order can expect a build date late Q3/ early Q4 with delivery to dealer a month later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had an update from my lease company, they now say the dealer has been given a build allocation and arrival estimate, car should arrive by early august. This is great news, now I just have to think about whether I can get away with handing my current car back on time, and avoid the second year service on it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My leasing company has come back to me and said my GTS HEV 2wd red+black wouldn't be delivered till the new year and that they couldn't guarantee the price after December. Had a choice of paying and extra £80 a month or swapping to Penta Grey with a est. delivery in September. Not sure if this is usual or if theyve messed up the initial order somehow.
Absolutely sounds like they’ve messed up. Only difference to me is that you ordered a week beforehand but have the black roof, yet I’m apparently due for a delivery late July/early august.
I’d firmly insist on them confirming when they actually placed the order with a dealer, as that is the date that counts with Kia.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts