Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Apparently the assist fuel economy and they deliver a better ride than the 19”. I do prefer them as they are painted alloys and the tyres have significant sidewalls which reduces the risk of curbing.
The sales guy I spoke to said it was to meet emission and mpg figures, there is a 3mpg difference he claimed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Called into look at the new DS4 yesterday, I have a Sportage GTLINE S on order with Sept date, and whilst its a totally different car its surprisingly good and must say am tempted. The dealer looked on the "live" system and they claim to be able to deliver in July/Aug so with KIA being a bit cloak and dagger with things its worth considering. I am buying via mobility and really need a car but would take a chance on cancelling the KIA and hope Citroen dont suddenly have delays.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just been to the opening of my local KIA showroom, and they confirmed only the ICE and PHEV have option of 19's which is why I went for the ICE as full hybrid doesn't really concern me. They had one outside with the 19inch wheels and in my opinion they looked a lot better but its all a matter of taste and need for mpg etc.

The delivery dates are also shorter on the ICE models due to less tech required. Oh an Ukraine isn't a problem for building the cars but they are short of drivers to transport them to the German storage point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I spoke to my salesman last week, the Uk Sales Director was also there and I asked about my GT LINE S 48kw ordered beginning of April that is due early Sept, he did check the system and said I may get it June/July which would be nice as they are making more of the non hybrid ones to keep production going whilst the chip issues are resolved. Lets see though !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone had disappointing updates for the MHEV version of the GTlINE S, the ICE one ?. I was told a couple of weeks ago that mine ordered 2nd April would be delivered late July/Aug.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I posted a few weeks ago, I managed to speak to the UK head of sales at a launch event and asked him about the Ukraine issue. He was clear that it wouldn’t affect the factory in Slovakia as they have other supply routes. He did say however that the problem they had was a lack of drivers from Ukraine to drive the transporters to Germany where they are distributed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just spoke to my sales guy, he hasn't had the latest update as May/June delivery updates haven't been released yet but he has noted more of the ICE ones coming through which is great for me and I am still looking at July/Aug delivery fingers crossed but they are all awaiting the projected dates for the PHEV and HEV models.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I’ve only had the car for a day and not covered many miles, however I’m thoroughly happy with the car. I’m coming out of a 16 year old Audi though!!
Thanks for the update, I wasn't to worried if I am honest as the review it cam from was by a 25yr old "Clarkson" wannabe that I can't find now.

And you are right about upgrade I am moving from a 10yr old diesel Qashqai !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts