Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
I ordered a 4 HEV 2WD in Green (without black roof) on 10 Jan, was told delivery would happen within April but havent got a date yet. Have been following up with the dealer but they say Kia is dragging things and they dont have an update yet. Was wondering if it will be available by Easter. I am ok with whatever date but wanted to have a date as soon as I can.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
My dealer just updated me that the delivery date for my 4 HEV 2WD has moved to mid-May, it was due in April earlier.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
My dealer just updated me that the delivery date for my 4 HEV 2WD has moved to mid-May, it was due in April earlier.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
Just had update on 4 HEV Sportage I ordered on 23rd February.

Due delivery date is now estimated by end of July as opposed to end of May.

Ah well. I was expecting it. 😔
Wonder how these dates get decided. My dealer informed me an estimated date of mid-May while I have been seeing dates of Jun/Jul in this forum. I doubt if they will stick to the mid-May date. Dropped a note to ask the dealer if they think mid-May is realistic and there has been no reply on it. My order is 10 Jan btw and original delivery was in Mar/Apr. I booked a parking space on rent from 1 Apr and so will need to keep paying the monthly rent even though I dont have a car yet.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
For my 4 HEV, the latest update from the dealer is that Kia has provided a delivery date of mid-May. Since I have been hearing news of delays till Jun/Jul, I asked if they were aware that the car has gone into production. He mentioned that the car has gone into production which is why Kia gave a date and he is waiting for an update on 2 other cars, since they havent gone into production, Kia hasnt provided a date yet. Does this sound reasonable and can I expect delivery by mid-May? My order date is 10 Jan and initial date was by April which has now moved to mid-May.

On a separate note, can I bargain for any deals? I havent done any bargain for deals earlier like mats, service plans etc. That said, I got a discount of around 1500£ over the PCP offer. Can I still ask for any other perks?

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
Hearing lots of stories about people cancelling their orders now due to the extended delay. Which got me thinking... what will happen to these cancelled build orders?

My immediate thought was, if they were to be built imminently, they will show up as available stock to be sold by dealers now. Am I right?

If this is the case, then there will be some people who order a Sportage now who might receive their car before those waiting in the factory build queue.

I imagine they wouldn't look at the factory build queue and simply swap the cancelled build for another factory build order as they're usually tied to a set VIN number?
I was told Kia only builds based on order, they dont do bulk build.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
I have just heard back from my dealer, all orders placed before 31st March 2022 will be delivered by November. This doesn't mean that back orders will arrive by November. The orders are being fulfilled in historic order, so the earliest orders will arrive soonest. He told me it will be worth the wait
I did ask him, if we need to wait until Nov, will we get the next reg number - 72.

I am going to wait until Nov, but hopefully will arrive before as I don't want any other car, I want the Sportage. At least we will get the 72 plate.
If the prices do go up you should still pay the same price as agreed as it is not our fault there is a delay in deliveries
You will still have to wait if you research other cars, all manufacturers are having the same delays
I am hoping Kia are giving us the worse case scenario and the cars will arrive earlier.
This is becoming so unpredictable and frustrating. Now I doubt if the mid-May date provided by my dealer will hold any good. He says my car has gone into production but with all these delays I am not sure now what will happen.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
I just spoke to my dealer to see if there is a further delay (beyond Mid May) for my car. He says the delays of November are for specific models and not the 4 spec ones. He is still maintaining the mid May date. Not sure if anyone else who ordered a 4 HEV before Mar has heard of delays till Nov. I am assuming since there have been very few deliveries of the 4 trim, Kia is now prioritizing (if I may say so) this spec maybe 🤞 🤞

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
Someone posted this earlier in this thread, not sure your dealer is telling you up to date information or whether it's changed since this was published...

These are for the HEV not sure what you've ordered.
View attachment 15071
Yes I am aware of this which is why I called up. He says 4 spec has mostly not been affected though there are some delays. And mine was ordered on 10 Jan, he says Kia has given a date for my car and he is still waiting for a few others for a date means mine has gone into production. All of these are assumptions though as I dont think Kia is communicating clearly.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
I’ve got a 4 on order although it’s a HEV version.
Was told all HEV and PHEV will be Nov. I ordered end of Jan.
I also have a 4 HEV on order, placed on 10 Jan. As of yesterday, dealer still says mid-May delivery but he also mentioned there are others around the same time that got delayed. It is all upto whether the production for your order has started or not. And as per him, production started for my car which is why Kia gave a delivery date, he is waiting for a couple more orders around same time for which he doesnt have a delivery date yet. So need to wait and watch!!

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
My car was ordered 28th Feb, but when I messaged my dealer earlier there is nothing on the system for my car at the moment 😡
Ok, then probably it makes sense what I heard from my dealer. He mentioned a date of mid May for my car but others did not have a date yet.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
@Lewirobcle @Iron2k @KyleP0193 any of you had an update yet, I think we were all experience green and being told no update?
I also ordered experience green 4 hev on 10 Jan and current date given to me is mid May. When did you order and what is the current delivery date you have? I am yet to come across anyone who order a green hev 4 and has it delivered or a concrete date.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
Ordered mid feb and got a date of mid may like you. I went for the 2wd gtline s. Dealer still saying it hasn’t been delayed, although not sure what to believe.
Great. Did you check if production has started for your vehicle. From what the dealer told me only if car is in production is Kia giving a date or else it is the generic 'before Nov' date. Not sure if that is accurate though.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
I’m going to call tomorrow, so will ask. Has production started on yours then?
As per the dealer, yes which is why Kia gave a date of mid May. He mentioned he is waiting for the date for a couple of other orders placed at the same time.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
Also just spoken to my dealer who pretty much confirmed same however date we were given was may to nov our order is a 4 spec hev in green not sure if this makes a difference or not
I also ordered the same in 2wd. When was your order date and what is the current quoted delivery date?

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
66 Posts
As per the update from my dealer there is a VIN available for my car though I don't have it with me. So he says May delivery is still realistic though there is no date provided yet. 🤞

1 - 20 of 36 Posts