Wonder how these dates get decided. My dealer informed me an estimated date of mid-May while I have been seeing dates of Jun/Jul in this forum. I doubt if they will stick to the mid-May date. Dropped a note to ask the dealer if they think mid-May is realistic and there has been no reply on it. My order is 10 Jan btw and original delivery was in Mar/Apr. I booked a parking space on rent from 1 Apr and so will need to keep paying the monthly rent even though I dont have a car yet.Just had update on 4 HEV Sportage I ordered on 23rd February.
Due delivery date is now estimated by end of July as opposed to end of May.
Ah well. I was expecting it. 😔
I was told Kia only builds based on order, they dont do bulk build.Hearing lots of stories about people cancelling their orders now due to the extended delay. Which got me thinking... what will happen to these cancelled build orders?
My immediate thought was, if they were to be built imminently, they will show up as available stock to be sold by dealers now. Am I right?
If this is the case, then there will be some people who order a Sportage now who might receive their car before those waiting in the factory build queue.
I imagine they wouldn't look at the factory build queue and simply swap the cancelled build for another factory build order as they're usually tied to a set VIN number?
This is becoming so unpredictable and frustrating. Now I doubt if the mid-May date provided by my dealer will hold any good. He says my car has gone into production but with all these delays I am not sure now what will happen.I have just heard back from my dealer, all orders placed before 31st March 2022 will be delivered by November. This doesn't mean that back orders will arrive by November. The orders are being fulfilled in historic order, so the earliest orders will arrive soonest. He told me it will be worth the wait
I did ask him, if we need to wait until Nov, will we get the next reg number - 72.
I am going to wait until Nov, but hopefully will arrive before as I don't want any other car, I want the Sportage. At least we will get the 72 plate.
If the prices do go up you should still pay the same price as agreed as it is not our fault there is a delay in deliveries
You will still have to wait if you research other cars, all manufacturers are having the same delays
I am hoping Kia are giving us the worse case scenario and the cars will arrive earlier.
Yes I am aware of this which is why I called up. He says 4 spec has mostly not been affected though there are some delays. And mine was ordered on 10 Jan, he says Kia has given a date for my car and he is still waiting for a few others for a date means mine has gone into production. All of these are assumptions though as I dont think Kia is communicating clearly.
I also have a 4 HEV on order, placed on 10 Jan. As of yesterday, dealer still says mid-May delivery but he also mentioned there are others around the same time that got delayed. It is all upto whether the production for your order has started or not. And as per him, production started for my car which is why Kia gave a delivery date, he is waiting for a couple more orders around same time for which he doesnt have a delivery date yet. So need to wait and watch!!I’ve got a 4 on order although it’s a HEV version.
Was told all HEV and PHEV will be Nov. I ordered end of Jan.
I also ordered experience green 4 hev on 10 Jan and current date given to me is mid May. When did you order and what is the current delivery date you have? I am yet to come across anyone who order a green hev 4 and has it delivered or a concrete date.
Great. Did you check if production has started for your vehicle. From what the dealer told me only if car is in production is Kia giving a date or else it is the generic 'before Nov' date. Not sure if that is accurate though.Ordered mid feb and got a date of mid may like you. I went for the 2wd gtline s. Dealer still saying it hasn’t been delayed, although not sure what to believe.
I also ordered the same in 2wd. When was your order date and what is the current quoted delivery date?Also just spoken to my dealer who pretty much confirmed same however date we were given was may to nov our order is a 4 spec hev in green not sure if this makes a difference or not