Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 39 Posts

Registered
Cancelled my order for GT Line S HEV. Ordered last week in Feb, was due end of April, then July, then November... disappointed with Kia for deliberately misleading lead times. Like many other buyers, I'm sure the short lead times attracted them to the Sportage. Chip shortages were known well before February / March as were order numbers. Using them as an excuse now is after-timing.
The question is - what to do next as all manufacturers seem to be in the same boat !

Reactions: Turnipmadras

Registered
I just ordered the GT-Line HEV, not the S one, as I didn't wasn't to pay another 拢5,000. If it is down to shortage of micro chips, I should get my car built before the S models as they would take more micro chips as there are cameras in the wing mirrors, a sun roof and some other extras. Or am I just hoping aswell. From the original delivery date of 8 weeks, I should have got my car by now, but no .......
With an end Feb order date (I guess from your post) I would think max delay would be 4 weeks (ie 12 week delivery) from what I have read about pre April orders so fingers crossed it is in that window.

Registered
I have just received an email from my lease company Nationwide, for my sportage gtline Ordered on 16 feb 22. it was originally advertised for March delivery. Then May delivery, now 21 July. 馃槱
Silver lining could be that 21 July sounds more specific than just saying a month so 馃it is more certain !

Registered
Had a call today.

Orders for HEV4 from Feb to April. Will start being made in May. And delivery upto Nov. Depending on colour and batch configuration.
When they quote Feb to April do you think they mean orders taken in April or just up to April ? Thanks.

Registered
Just had an unsolicited email from my dealer - "No major updates on your Sportage order and production time scales just yet, but as soon as I have a further update I will let you know. Love and kisses."

I added the last bit.

Reactions: mr.macspot

Registered
That falls in line with my order from earlier in April due in late August.
Sounds like the April ordered PHEVs are scheduled for delivery ahead of the April ordered HEVs where I was told delivery by November ?

Registered
It does help thank you so I鈥檓 looking at end of August roughly which is totally fine with me. Thanks again
Maybe I am wrong but following this forum for a few weeks now and a few of us think the PHEVs that were ordered same time as HEVs will come first - how the factory is set up to run ?

Registered
This is from Kia specs online. Make of this what you will?

View attachment 15479

View attachment 15480
Thanks. The puzzler is the HEV column. Looking at the other earlier posting of specs perhaps KIA have added 19s to one or more of the trims ? And then I just looked at what someone posted on the KIA written spec pages and even those are showing the same inconsistency - imply that they are fitting 19s to a HEV but hen a few pages on and the wheels page shows no 19s being fitted to a HEV of any type ?

Reactions: iooi

Registered
I was told when I ordered that delivery will be 22 March, since ordering on 22 February I have been asking for an update on mine weekly, and being told it`s not showing up as being in production yet, I also asked for a VIN number, again, no VIN number available, the next thing I hear is the vehicle is on it`s way and will be delivered as promised on the 22 March, it eventually landed at the dealership on 01 April, expecting handover on 13 April by my choice as i am not around until then!

Order date: 22-02-2022,
Vehicle Ordered: KIA Sportage 1.6 G TDI Auto GT Line HEV
Arrival At Dealership: 01-04-2022
Collection Date: 13-04-2022 (By my choice)
Some of us buying a HEV on this forum think we are getting 18 inch wheels and others think 19s. Can I ask what wheel size your HEV is thanks ?

Registered
Finally!!

Ordered 20th December 2021 Estimated delivery 30th June 2022.
GTline S AWD HEV
(18inch wheels - Continental tyres)
Now for the learning curve LOL:):((y) View attachment 15494
Fabulous and thanks for the update and pic too. Makes me wonder with the early delivery have some orders been cancelled and reallocated to those waiting the longest - that鈥檚 how I understand cancellation works if that has applied here. Enjoy !

Registered
Just had an email from our salesman.

We have just received a supply chain update from Kia UK within the last hour and I wanted to update you with the information as I receive it.
Based on the info we have currently, your Sportage GTLS PHEV order is projected to be fulfilled between July and Dec 2022.
What did they advise on dates when you did the deal ?

1 - 19 of 39 Posts