Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
200 Posts
I ordered my GT Line S HEV 2WD a week ago and was quoted 8-12 weeks which would likely mean end of April/beginning of May. If that happens I’m happy, any earlier and I’d be really happy!

Steve

·
Registered
200 Posts
When I ordered mine on 17th Feb I was told to expect a possible 8-12 weeks delivery time which would take it to around the middle of April to the middle of May, so I’m still hopeful.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you think you’re having a long wait, then spare a thought for some of the prospective VW owners who are being told that their precious new car could take more than 12 months to arrive, and be subject to probably 2 or 3 price increases in the meantime which is sure to push a lot of them over the ‘luxury’ tax threshold.

Reactions: xtrailman

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just checked with my dealer today, ordered a GTLineS 2wd, Penta Grey, black roof on the 17th Feb, and I’ve been told that anything ordered in February now has an expected delivery of the end of May!! So gone from 8-12 weeks to around 12-14 weeks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Keep checking with them, my dealer informs me a bulk of cars will be coming through within the next few weeks.
I’m not too worried if its only a few more weeks, I’m part ex’ing my current car with them for a really good price so I’m not going to pester the dealer too much as they’ve been great so far.

Reactions: Sam121

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’m hoping the GT Line S’s are prioritised above the 4’s but I can’t see why, just hoping against hope. It seems people who ordered HEV in early February are ok, those who ordered in late Feb appear to have been pushed back several months
My Oder was placed on the 17th Feb, so not early Feb or late Feb, but somewhere in the middle. I do hope my order has made it and not one that’s being pushed back🤞.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’ve been monitoring the Tiguan forum as well, where there are many people who’ve had orders in for a lot longer than those of us waiting for the new Sportage, and what most are unhappy with is the lack of communication from VW with respect to their orders, and are considering (or have) cancelling/cancelled their orders, mainly because of the frustration.

This appears to be mainly down to VW themselves (with some apathy from dealers), so Kia could well learn a lesson from this by just being up front and honest about the delays with their customers. I’m not saying that hoards of people with orders are likely to jump ship, but honesty does tend to appease to some extent, and once a bad reputation has been set it would be very difficult to make good, and this is the last thing that Kia would want I’m sure.

Unfortunately there’s truth in what they say……. in a mud slinging contest, some will stick!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks, could collect Thursday but my son has organised his work schedule to come with me on Friday, real nice father son time.
Don’t forget the obligatory piccies for all of us ‘waiters’to drool over!😉

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’m really hoping that the purported price increase on the 1st April will keep my order under the £40,000 threshold, and if it doesn’t I would seriously have to think about reordering again with AWD. I know it will mean waiting even longer, but if I’m stuck with the extra VED then I might as well have AWD as well!🤨

·
Registered
200 Posts
Don’t worry too much they told me that they were hopeful that outstanding orders would be “price protected”
The problem for me is not ‘price protection’, it’s the fact that the manufacturers list price at registration could be over the tax threshold, and it‘s that list price that they use for the extra VED. So I’d still be paying an extra £350 for years 2-6.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If the dealers are finding it difficult to get up to date info, then I would expect that the lease companies are likely to be having the same problem.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just got confirmation from a dealer that Sportage is not going up, but other models are by as much as£500.
For Kia, from a business point of view, I suppose this seems sensible. After all why introduce a new model (Sportage Gen5) to the UK market in December at a lower price, knowing full well you will be introducing a price increase in April. So the chances are that they actually introduced it in December at the expected April price, thus avoiding having to introduce a price increase for those who’ve just ordered the newly released model.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Having ordered a GTLineS 2wd in Penta Grey/black roof on 17th Feb, and my dealer still having no details whatsoever, I’m thinking I might be looking at a ‘72 plate🥴

• Sad
Reactions: jcapari

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not a bad thing. 😂

I’m kind of hoping that mine is. Just had to renew my pcp for 12m
You say that, but the vehicle I have at the moment is up for part-ex, and the VED, MOT and servicing are due at the end of August, so I expect a large chunk to be taken off my very favourable part-ex quote.🤨

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mike, when you ordered did you not get the figures in writing on an invoice?. If you did then what they offered you should stand, unless the terms and conditions of the order specifically say otherwise.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mike, in fact the longer waiting time we’re getting now could mean that the trade in value of our existing vehicles could eventually be more than we’ve been offered.🥴

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think one of the main problems we are encountering is that right up until mid March Kia were promising 8-12 weeks delivery schedules even though there were known problems in supplies both because of the Ukraine/Russia conflict (wiring loom supplies) and the world semiconductor shortage.

Because of this blanket 8-12 week insistence they managed to attract a great number of orders, especially as other manufacturers were quoting much longer waiting times, and it would seem now that they maybe underestimated the demand to the detriment of those customers orders.

The waiting times at present still seem to be less than other manufacturers, but that could yet change unfortunately!

Reactions: Robriotuk

·
Registered
200 Posts
I ordered mine mid Feb, but I’m happy (not especially though!) to wait, as my Tiguan has served me well for 5½ years (will be six before the Sportage arrives). The only real fly in the ointment is that the tax, MOT, and Service is due in August, so no doubt I’ll be a few hundred out of pocket when the time comes.
Maybe that will help to keep the part ex price high!🤞

·
Registered
200 Posts
It would seem that if you ordered in mid January you should be ok for mid May. If you ordered in March, you‘re looking at November, ordered April then say goodbye to 2022!

So where does that leave those of us who ordered mid February and still have had no indication at all?

Reactions: Kiakelvin

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wonder if that’s a message from Kia themselves or whether it’s your dealer just being honest. Either way it’s probably the best explanation of the current situation that’s been put forward so far.

Reactions: dhb
1 - 20 of 66 Posts