Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Xceed 3 1.5 petrol manual in phantom Black
32 Posts
Apparently, the 3 and 4 have 'Front Power Adjustable Seats (inc. Height Adjuster) - - ● ● -

The GT-Line S has '10-way Driver's & 8-way Front Passenger's Power Adjustable Seat (Sliding, Reclining, Height Adjustment)'

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
197 Posts
I think it does, though not with the same degree of adjustment as in the GT Line S.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I presume the difference between the two options is as shown in the manual - the bottom drawing is likely the "front powered adjustable seats" and the top drawing the "10 way adjustable" ones.

Product Gadget Automotive design Font Technology

So the 4 gets forward/backward and backrest angle adjustment, but the GT Line S gets height,cushion tilt and lumbar support adjustment as well.

Though this is all from a non-UK manual so i could be talking complete * :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
So height would be manually done?Asking due to wifes disability ,seems my local dealer not too sure either lol.
It should be powered for the height adjustment.

The brochure shows that the "3" model has:

● Front Power Adjustable Seats
(inc. Height Adjuster)

The "4" specificaiton is added to the "3" model so it should have power height adjustment if im reading it correctly.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
@dhb that's how I read it as well. Hopefully a new '4' owner will be along soon, but looking through the threads I am not sure there are many 4's around so far.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think for the money we are asked to buy the Sportage model every model should have adjustable front seats not just the driver seat after all they have to make the left hand side (passenger) adjustable for the other nations that decide to drive on the wrong side of the road anyway.i wouldn't mind manual or electronic,I,m not fussy Mr KIA.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think every model has some adjustment on the passenger seat, its just a question of whether it's powered or not.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The 3 (Launch Edition) has driver & passenger electric height adjustment

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Registered
197 Posts
If thats confirmed then the "4" should have it as well.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think every model has some adjustment on the passenger seat, its just a question of whether it's powered or not.
the only passenger seat in the whole Sportage line up that has any kind of adjustment other than sliding forward and back is the GT Line S,3 &4
It has also been a bowl of contention for several previous versions over the years that the passenger seat has no height adjustment on the lower end models, and seems to be reserved for special models!

·
Registered
197 Posts
It has also been a bowl of contention for several previous versions over the years that the passenger seat has no height adjustment on the lower end models, and seems to be reserved for special models!
I don't think that's at all unusual for many manufacturers in my experience. My current Volvo has very little adjustment on either seat - its still manual forward and back even for the driver and that was significantly more than £40k. The passenger seat doesn't have height adjust on it either.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts