Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,202 Posts
That looks tasty and I like the red trims. (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a ProCeed GT-Line 1.6 CRDi Manual as my company demo, it was the best company car I have had (previous demos have included Leon FR TDi and Cupra R, Ibiza FR TDi, DS3 DSport petrol and diesel, Golf R-Line 2.0 TDI)
Nothing has come close to the ProCeed for ticking all the boxes, space, performance, spec, looks. It is a brilliant car in all forms. I had a fairly short commute over country roads and could hardly get the thing to go below 60mpg.
Yours looks brilliant, the GT is so nice to drive and sounds great in Sport mode. Hope you have many happy miles in it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah! Drove over 300km today and so far super happy. Question for fellow proceed owners - how long was your engine breakin period? My dealer suggested to take it easy within first 3000km which seems a bit excessive. Other cars ive had experience with, all had a breakin period of 1k max.

Only 3 disappointing things, that are small, but I still hoped for better.
1) App support not available currently, will come in a month approx.
2) WIRED carplay/android auto. However the base model gets wireless due to the smaller screen. This was disappointing.
3) The complimentary dealership chocolate they gave me didn't taste all that good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah! Drove over 300km today and so far super happy. Question for fellow proceed owners - how long was your engine breakin period? My dealer suggested to take it easy within first 3000km which seems a bit excessive. Other cars ive had experience with, all had a breakin period of 1k max.

Only 3 disappointing things, that are small, but I still hoped for better.
1) App support not available currently, will come in a month approx.
2) WIRED carplay/android auto. However the base model gets wireless due to the smaller screen. This was disappointing.
3) The complimentary dealership chocolate they gave me didn't taste all that good.
Congrats Martin, it looks great (still think the red trim on the sides and front looks shit) :D

1) What do you mean by app support?
2) Yeah, I mentioned this months ago. This is beyond annoying, same with being able to get ventillated seats only in the base model. I kinda bet that the wireless carplay will not be coming.
3) lol :D

Martin, you must record the exhaust mate:))

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1) App support as in UVO i think? Dealer mentioned something about an app where you can do basic things - lock/unlock, see some data etc. I'm nerdy on topics like that so I'd love it. He said the availability is built into the head unit but software on the app side isn't ready yet for the 22 model. Should come in an update very soon though.

2) Yeah, i knew the previous proceed didnt have wireless but I blindly hoped that the new one would. Yeah, its not coming to the FL version either (at least not on the higher specs), I asked. I got my hopes up as in the media posts before release it mentioned the new Cee'd getting wireless carplay/Aauto.

Exhaust sounds about the same as on the 21 model i test drove - sporty, beefy and exciting if you want it to be. I have no issues recording it though. :D I notice MUCH less road noise going highway speeds on the FL model than on the 21 model i test drove. Maybe they added some insulation?

Otherwise, great car and i'm loving it. Those were just the tiny details, not too stressed about em :) Loving the new graphics on the instrument cluster too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, now that ive driven the car for longer periods of time. I definitely agree with the limited headroom argument when you have a sunroof. I'm 183cm tall and i have the seat in the lowest setting and it's all fine, i can maybe stick 4 fingers between my head and the roof. However, if i was any taller or had a massive hairdoo, then it would definitely be an issue.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Also, now that ive driven the car for longer periods of time. I definitely agree with the limited headroom argument when you have a sunroof. I'm 183cm tall and i have the seat in the lowest setting and it's all fine, i can maybe stick 4 fingers between my head and the roof. However, if i was any taller or had a massive hairdoo, then it would definitely be an issue.
Yeah, as mentioned previously, I'm 191 and can't do it, therefore waiting for my sunroofless proceed.

big big shame about the wired ACP/AA. Is there a chance that it could become wireless with a software update or something...? this renders wireless charger useless. A freaking picanto has it wireless.

about the road noise - I think you're simply in love with the car :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
regarding ACP/AA, i asked the dealer if there will be an update. He said no without hesitation. Good old wires for us. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
that sucks balls.Need to look for a short cable I suppose. I guess I will need to get a habit of BT connectivity for music/podcasts/etc and will use the wired ACP for longer trips, because I really don't want a long cable dangling on the center console :)

Goddamn, can't wait for my proceed. Radiosilence from the dealer tho :/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i have the same idea. The BT connectivity is great tho, u step in the car and its already playing your tunes from spotify.
When did you place the order? What colour & spec?

·
Registered
14 Posts
1) App support as in UVO i think? Dealer mentioned something about an app where you can do basic things - lock/unlock, see some data etc. I'm nerdy on topics like that so I'd love it. He said the availability is built into the head unit but software on the app side isn't ready yet for the 22 model. Should come in an update very soon though.
No UVO in Estonia, even Android auto doesn’t work in out country. Have been waiting for it almost 2 years, no progress yet from Kia.
I’m lucky to have IPhone so at least Apple Carplay works.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey @MartinsProceed, I was just checking out a video review (the one from BCN autoshow) and the guy mentioned about A/C being routed to the glovebox? it seems to be on the right wall of the glovebox, but he just briefly mentioned it. What's the truth? :)

Also, what's a phone projection function?

Watching the video got me mad again :D not being able to have ventillated seats in a GT is unfair :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, i have no clue what "A/C routed to the glovebox" means. You mean airflow to the glovebox?
When i press Phone projection, it redirects me to android auto/apple carplay.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry, i have no clue what "A/C routed to the glovebox" means. You mean airflow to the glovebox?
When i press Phone projection, it redirects me to android auto/apple carplay.
Yeah, that's what I mean. My dad had a previous gen sportage and it was the best feature ever. You can close/open the vent in the glovebox, so you can keep your drinks ice cold. Of course the A/C needs to be on in general :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, that's what I mean. My dad had a previous gen sportage and it was the best feature ever. You can close/open the vent in the glovebox, so you can keep your drinks ice cold. Of course the A/C needs to be on in general :)
Hmm, i didnt have a clue. I'll check today after work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts