Kia Owners Club Forum banner
381 - 400 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
In all fairness I haven't had many updates from my dealer (other than the initial April estimate) which is fair enough if Kia aren't being transparent...

The risk with cancelling/switching now is the price increases, luckily I ordered in Jan and got a good deal to start with, dread to think how much a rival would set you back these days (and as far as Im aware the lead times are longer / probably more accurate than Kia's optimistic quotes)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was lucky as I was pretty free car choice wise, didn't have to be large, estate, five door etc.

I've picked up a pre reg abarth 595 Competizione with 3 miles on the clock with a reduced price. Carried over a good chunk of the value in equity on the Kia and I e just paid the rest with savings (may take out a low rate loan with Tesco or something to replace savings later).

It's a shame that the dealers have zero info and Kia are obviously using the parts in the Sportage, that's plain to see (my dealer suggested it was also the case).

80 miles on my new car and I'm at 40.8 mpg lol never saw that in the Sportage. My average according to the trip computer when I handed the car over was 28.9 mpg over 9036 miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, so, now listen to this.. I just had a phone call from the dealership, with good news. My car has the status: in production. It should be delivered to me the first week of August. It went from 0 - 100 in 2 days. I have no idea what changed, still kind of in shock. Anyway happy for now 🥳and I hope nothing changes before August.

About the tax addition, I dont have to worry, the car has price protection. So I wont feel any increase in price.

For people who are out of the loop: I ordered a Kia Proceed GT Penta metal metallic DCT 7 back in December.
I Hope more people hear something positive now and things change for the better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok, so, now listen to this.. I just had a phone call from the dealership, with good news. My car has the status: in production. It should be delivered to me the first week of August. It went from 0 - 100 in 2 days. I have no idea what changed, still kind of in shock. Anyway happy for now 🥳and I hope nothing changes before August.

About the tax addition, I dont have to worry, the car has price protection. So I wont feel any increase in price.

For people who are out of the loop: I ordered a Kia Proceed GT Penta metal metallic DCT 7 back in December.
I Hope more people hear something positive now and things change for the better.
Don't play with my heart! 😂

Ordered GT-Line blue flame 31st October so hope mine is in that batch somewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts

So they are building the proceed now. That’s good news.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had an email from dealership today, they must have just got the word about the July - March delivery date as that's what they relayed to me. However they have offered me a new Niro HEV which is in transit due in next month so I've gone ahead and accepted (subject to a test drive of course).
I don't feel obliged in any way but I have been driving their demo Xceed for 6 months so swings and roundabouts, not once have they pressured for it back at all.

Crying that I won't be getting that massive sexy boot (I'm a father, car boots are my thing (y)) and in my eyes the Proceed is one of the best looking cars on the road hands down.

Good luck all regarding your deliveries

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had an email from dealership today, they must have just got the word about the July - March delivery date as that's what they relayed to me. However they have offered me a new Niro HEV which is in transit due in next month so I've gone ahead and accepted (subject to a test drive of course).
I don't feel obliged in any way but I have been driving their demo Xceed for 6 months so swings and roundabouts, not once have they pressured for it back at all.

Crying that I won't be getting that massive sexy boot (I'm a father, car boots are my thing (y)) and in my eyes the Proceed is one of the best looking cars on the road hands down.

Good luck all regarding your deliveries
I myself am not a father, but can still appreciate a good boot! Hope the test drive of the Niro goes well!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a call from the dealer Friday but it was just the same info others have had. July to April 2023.

Dealer thinks it'll be closer to Aug-Sept but that's total guess work.

Interesting to see on Proceed Owners group on Facebook that our European friends are receiving their orders from around January....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had a call from the dealer Friday but it was just the same info others have had. July to April 2023.

Dealer thinks it'll be closer to Aug-Sept but that's total guess work.

Interesting to see on Proceed Owners group on Facebook that our European friends are receiving their orders from around January....
I'll have to check it out, that does sound promising!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,

I have not commented in awhile after all the nonsense delays, I kind of put this to one side. I my self heard about the delivery slot between July-March 23 which is crazy since Sportage delivery are being met (Met as in you can see quite a lot of people receiving their orders vs the Proceed)…but that's another topic for another day haha.

I'm part of a FB group and a guy from Italy received a Proceed GT very recently (A day ago the dealer sent him pics that it arrived ) and he ordered it in January 22. First time I have heard of anyone getting the automatic version of the Proceed in a long while. So, there may be some light down the tunnel for the DCT versions of the proceed being delivered "relatively soon" to the UK and other countries.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All,

I have not commented in awhile after all the nonsense delays, I kind of put this to one side. I my self heard about the delivery slot between July-March 23 which is crazy since Sportage delivery are being met (Met as in you can see quite a lot of people receiving their orders vs the Proceed)…but that's another topic for another day haha.

I'm part of a FB group and a guy from Italy received a Proceed GT very recently (A day ago the dealer sent him pics that it arrived ) and he ordered it in January 22. First time I have heard of anyone getting the automatic version of the Proceed in a long while. So, there may be some light down the tunnel for the DCT versions of the proceed being delivered "relatively soon" to the UK and other countries.
I saw the same post on Facebook. Also saw a guy from Slovakia posted that he had his GT-Line after 3 weeks from ordering, they just had one laying around 😂 (could be a manual though). Hope we see some cars coming into the UK soon.

EDIT: Just checked, it was a GT-Line in green - DCT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totally understand the current issues in the world which has made things difficult but i dont think Kia (in my personal experience) have crowned themselves in glory. I ordered GT-S-line DCT in Jan 22, and still nothing, just it should be here soon, between June and October I'm being told. The fact the Sportage DCT orders are flying out of the door adds insult to injury.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I totally understand the current issues in the world which has made things difficult but i dont think Kia (in my personal experience) have crowned themselves in glory. I ordered GT-S-line DCT in Jan 22, and still nothing, just it should be hear soon, between June and October I'm being told. The fact the Sportage DCT orders are flying out of the door adds insult to injury.
Im in exactly the same position mate, I'm not in a rush and understand there's uncertainty but it's the lack of communication that is most frustrating. Fingers crossed we'll have more concrete updates soon🤞

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im in exactly the same position mate, I'm not in a rush and understand there's uncertainty but it's the lack of communication that is most frustrating. Fingers crossed we'll have more concrete updates soon🤞
Totally agree. I don't mind waiting but they just need to be transparent. Otherwise they gain very frustrated customers when they don't manage realistic expectations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've just ordered a used facelift GT with 3000 miles on the clock (ex demo). Dealership said they are not taking orders for the GT and a few dealers I've spoken to thought that it maybe permanently discontinued

381 - 400 of 454 Posts