Kia Owners Club Forum banner
361 - 380 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, I've just had a call from my dealer and they are very apologetic.

New Kia update they have had states and wait for it, delivery between end of July and March 2023....

He said he was so sorry that this has happened and they genuinely have no idea when the car will arrive and as far as they know, it hasn't even been assigned a build date.

They stated that it would appear that Kia have prioritised the new Sportage as they have had people get the automatic Sportage and they ordered after me (his words were something like - it's not fair as you ordered way before them).

So I said I will still give them 6 more weeks, but I am now having a test drive of an Abarth 595 Comp at 3 tomorrow.

So there you have it folks, straight from the horses mouth, Sportages have taken priority.

They have also pulled the sportage from mobility scheme now apparently...

Thanks Kia, but looks like I'm going to scratch an itch I've had for a while now lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I've just had a call from my dealer and they are very apologetic.

New Kia update they have had states and wait for it, delivery between end of July and March 2023....

He said he was so sorry that this has happened and they genuinely have no idea when the car will arrive and as far as they know, it hasn't even been assigned a build date.

They stated that it would appear that Kia have prioritised the new Sportage as they have had people get the automatic Sportage and they ordered after me (his words were something like - it's not fair as you ordered way before them).

So I said I will still give them 6 more weeks, but I am now having a test drive of an Abarth 595 Comp at 3 tomorrow.

So there you have it folks, straight from the horses mouth, Sportages have taken priority.

They have also pulled the sportage from mobility scheme now apparently...

Thanks Kia, but looks like I'm going to scratch an itch I've had for a while now lol
I had the same on Wednesday and she said March possibly. Does anybody know if they would stop making the proceed altogether

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don't know, but they most definitely prioritised the sportage (my guy stated so and even said "I wouldn't wait Adam").

I can't fault my dealers they have been open and honest.....same can't be said for Kia though as they have taken orders and deposits (I can get mine back) and failed to deliver. Some would also say that taking orders and then using the parts for other cars that were ordered afterwards just to make more profit is extremely poor form and isn't something that sits well with me.

Hey ho, I'm just a number to Kia and I can go get something else anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well...thats interesting to say the least...

Curious what and if it applies to the Netherlands aswell. We also see the Sportage automatic get delivered in 3-6 months max after ordering. Most of them are max. 3 months. My Proceed delivery is week 32 still, I will call my contact my dealership in a few weeks and ask for an update. If I get the same scenario as you, I'm gonna cancel aswell, I dont want to wait 16 months for a car. The whole thing doesnt sit right with me, as the communication is just as bad over here in NL, might turn me away from Kia completely..

·
Registered
13 Posts
For reference, I bought a new house in December, needs to be build. Did all the paperwork and everything, they are gonna start in August, should be finished around February. In your scenario my house could be build quicker than my car🤣

·
Registered
131 Posts
Assuming they don't use the bits that make your house on other houses they build, that make them more profit hey lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well I have cancelled my Proceed GT order now and refund of my deposit is on its way. Shame as the dealership have been fantastic (I will even leave them a review saying so).

Off to collect my little toy on Wednesday 15th now, an Abarth 595 Competizione. Pre reg, £5k off list price, just had my plates put on it today :)
Good luck to everyone waiting, and who knows, may be me cancelling my order means one of you will get a delivery a little sooner.

All the best folks :)

Reactions: well_here_it_goes

·
Registered
67 Plate ProCeed GT - Red
42 Posts
From our own experience at the dealers this weekend would concur that all you can order seems to be the Sportage. All 22 year X-Ceed allocation gone and no news on if there will be a 2023 year model. No Ceeds or Pro Ceeds either. The future of the world is SUV shaped as far as Kia seems concerned and pricey ones at that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So it turns out the woman the rang me on the 29th left out some vital information! She didn't mean June-July THIS year. She meant June 2022 - March 2023. Bloody woman missed that out, and even said I'd expect a call in 2 weeks with the vin! That's funny, seeing as there's no production date so far!

Told my guy at the dearlership that I cannot wait, my health simply cannot continue to decline because I'm waiting on a car. I'll go used. Probably for the best considering the price of petrol. So he's going to look at some Niro's for me while I decide over the Niro or Toyota CHR.

Really very disappointed, put my life on hold and my health on the line waiting for that car.

Received a phone call from my dealership yesterday afternoon.

They've said they'll have delivery of the car June-July and I should get a phone call in the next 2-3 weeks when they have the Vin number and a delivery date. So I'm guessing July seeing as 2-3 weeks will take us to mid June. 🤞

·
Registered
13 Posts
Contacted my dealership today. They are saying September for delivery now for the GT.
I dont know what to make of it. I asked him how sure he was this time, he said he wasnt. So I had April, May, June, August and now September for delivery dates. I'm expecting the next call to be in August telling me its gonna be October...;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Contacted my dealership today. They are saying September for delivery now for the GT.
I dont know what to make of it. I asked him how sure he was this time, he said he wasnt. So I had April, May, June, August and now September for delivery dates. I'm expecting the next call to be in August telling me its gonna be October...;)
I know that feeling. Placed the order at the end of September, delivery date has been changed quite a bit.
Currently I've been told that the expected delivery is to take place at the end of July, but with a side node that I shouldn't get any expectations based on this date -- I shouldn't be surprised if it'd take a few more months.

Guess in the end they really have no idea when to expect it 🤣

·
Registered
12 Posts
Officially giving up. I've dropped out. Flying a white flag!

Got a used Kia Niro I'm picking up on Friday! Obviously wasn't meant to be, and in 4 years time who knows, maybe I'll be able to get something better (Or we'll be knee deep in Nuclear war), either way I'm just happy to have a decent car (and I'm intrigued by the ventilated seats)

·
Super Moderator
10,059 Posts
Well...thats interesting to say the least...

We also see the Sportage automatic get delivered in 3-6 months max after ordering. Most of them are max. 3 months.
You might want to check out this thread.
Seems Sportages are taking far longer than 3 months. Even they are getting quotes of Q1 2023...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know there are supply problems, but I think Kia could be more transparent. My car has been put back month after month after month and now they can't even give an estimated date. I've officially given up and going with another manufacturer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You might want to check out this thread.
Seems Sportages are taking far longer than 3 months. Even they are getting quotes of Q1 2023...

Yes, without a doubt people who order now get Q1 2023. Saw someone on the Dutch forums today who ordered it 2,5 months ago and has the car now. What i'm saying is that the Sportage deliveries are still within reason. There is nothing positive to say about the Proceed.

I just cant fathom the logic behind it all, I honestly think if they wouldve been more transparant about the process and communication, till some degree, that would create alot more understanding. That just might be the thing that frustrates me the most.

Gonna wait another 4ish weeks, if I dont hear anything positive by then, im flying the white flag aswell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
checked other companies wait times? Again, are they any better?
No, not yet. Might just get something they have in stock. At this point i'll take anyone who is atleast communicating with me...🤓

And also the Proceed went up 3000 pounds in pricing here (NL) in the last few months.. thats also something im taking into consideration, if cancelling. My tax addition was already kind of at my limit. Dont know if it goes up any further, but 3000 pounds is already around 50 pounds a month extra I need to pay. I dont know what the price is gonna do in the next few months. Just sent an email to ask if I get the addition based on the price I ordered it for back in December. The leasing tax addition in NL is based on catalog price (22%) and co2 emmission. So might even hurt me too much if I wait for it anyway.

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
486 Posts
So you are leasing? This seems to be a lot of peoples problems whereby they can’t afford to keep the car once the term is up or don’t have an option to keep or just don’t want it, then panicking to get a new car! Consumerism also has its downsides.

Each to their own on it but who knows if three years down the line things are going to be any better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So you are leasing? This seems to be a lot of peoples problems whereby they can’t afford to keep the car once the term is up or don’t have an option to keep or just don’t want it, then panicking to get a new car! Consumerism also has its downsides.

Each to their own on it but who knows if three years down the line things are going to be any better.
I have a business lease through the company I work for, I can also drive it privately. They gave me a rental until I get the Proceed (I also pay tax addition on the rental). So im definitely not panicking, guess im just spoiled:censored:. Anyway, I can wait, thats not the issue for me. Its just the communication and false promises that put me off. Just give me something to work with, thats the only thing I ask from Kia and the dealership.

361 - 380 of 454 Posts