Kia Owners Club Forum banner
341 - 360 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Having had a fair few leases, aren't they supposed to print off a sheet at the end of the inspection that details any charges that you have to pay. You then have to debate them with the lease company. I've had loads of leased cars, they have come around, inspected, printed a sheet (touchwood I've never had a charge) and taken the car.

I once had a collection for a car and the guy turned up and stated his iPad was out of battery and that they would be looking at it back in the shop. I stated no, took a video of the car with him around in it, the keys and the log book and wouldn't hand the keys over until I spoke with lease company and had agreement that I wouldn't be liable for anything once it left my drive. I sent them the video and pictures by email prior to it leaving.

I do know an individual that repaired a bump prior to the inspection and they went around the car in detail and found the repair (paint checked or something) and he had a right battle about it with the lease company.

I had my first and only bump in my golf r estate and refused to use my insurance companies preferred repair place as the lease stated any and all work had to be completed by a VW approved place, so I took it there and made sure I got a certificate and guarantee thing from them when the work was done, which I kept a copy of and emailed over to VW finance.

·
Registered
Proceed GT Line-S on order. Currently Leon 15 Xcellence
86 Posts
Update from my broker. I quote..

"Due to all the component shortages Kia are remaining very fluid with updates and giving a 3 month window for vehicles to arrive. Last update initially had Sept ETA but was immediately removed and was replaced with a June - October time frame."

In addition I was also told this:

"Kia and other manufacturers are now advising they will not hold vehicles at depo / dealer for more than 21 days. They do hold the upper hand as they know they can sell these cars 3 / 4 times over"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, Thanks to the delays of my Proceed I'm now out of pocket to the tune of £6500 as of Monday as I could no longer extend my lease. What was going to be a simple straight swap of vehicles with no change in monthly commitment has now cost me upwards of over £7500 including the balloon payment with MOT, VED, Service and new front brakes coming on Saturday. Thanks Kia! Hope I can get some info and guarantees from the dealer on Saturday that they will honour the price I signed on the 31st Oct 2021 and I'm not left out of pocket.

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
486 Posts
Sorry to hear this but ultimately it’s nothing to do with Kia.

Open your eyes, read a paper, check a news feed or look at the TV. The world is in a state of uncertainty and flux following the pandemic and a major war on our metaphorical doorstep.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's a bit of a mess and Kia could have been more transparent with genuine delivery dates / times and updates.

There is a lot going on in the world currently and I just refuse to be annoyed about a car. Worst case, I'll just buy this at the end of the PCP and then PX it with them or chop it to webuyany car or something the month before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Received a phone call from my dealership yesterday afternoon.

They've said they'll have delivery of the car June-July and I should get a phone call in the next 2-3 weeks when they have the Vin number and a delivery date. So I'm guessing July seeing as 2-3 weeks will take us to mid June. 🤞

Reactions: Sosig

·
Super Moderator
10,059 Posts
It's a bit of a mess and Kia could have been more transparent with genuine delivery dates / times and updates.
Given you ordered car 9/1/22.
Russia invading Ukraine later on caused all sorts of issues as well as the focus on the new Sportage production.

Sadly dates have become a real guestomate 🤷‍♂️ As there are often no date on when parts will arrive. Given the need to source parts from other manufactures who will be under contract to supply other manufactures 1st. Just fitting in new orders as & when they can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered proceed gt in white at end December. There saying June july. I can’t complain because I got it at a good price and they give me a good price for my car. The price for a new proceed has gone up, that’s the next problem we’re all going to have 😂😂

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered proceed gt in white at end December. There saying June july. I can’t complain because I got it at a good price and they give me a good price for my car. The price for a new proceed has gone up, that’s the next problem we’re all going to have 😂😂
I ordered mine at the start of December and have been told to wait till 2nd week in June and they should be able to give me a date then. However they have never mentioned any price increase. My paperwork has a clear price on it of what I am paying. Are they allowed to change this as they couldn't supply my vehicle? Do t see how any price increase should affect me. However I am not stupid and I understand all the price increase on goods around the world. I mean if I have to pay an increase I probably will as long as I can afford it!
Hopefully not too much longer for us all to wait.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anyone got any good news on a GT version being delivered recently?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Given you ordered car 9/1/22.
Russia invading Ukraine later on caused all sorts of issues as well as the focus on the new Sportage production.

Sadly dates have become a real guestomate 🤷‍♂️ As there are often no date on when parts will arrive. Given the need to source parts from other manufactures who will be under contract to supply other manufactures 1st. Just fitting in new orders as & when they can.
Yes that is the case, but I've still not had a single bit of communication from Kia regarding my order. I've been told April / May....then early June, now late June. Kia must realise this isn't very good customer service / communication surely.

I'm not overly worried at this point but time is ticking...would be interesting to see how many new auto Sportages have been produced and delivered between our order dates and now.....

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you’ve been told about dates then surely they are communicating? It’s crazy times and I do honestly believe other marques are doing just the same.

·
Super Moderator
10,059 Posts
Sadly, Manufactures can not communicate what they do not know. Which is why many who ordered Sportages are just getting Q3 or 4 as a update.
Which covers a 6 month period.

While I get it does not help. With the group having over 1 million cars on back order worldwide, having pulled Auto's from many of their car ranges. There is only so much they can do.

Posted this in another section.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone got any good news on a GT version being delivered recently?
I ordered my ProCeed GT Penta metal here in the Netherlands back in the beginning of december. The dealership postponed it 3 times now (april,may and june), last update was last monday. It was the first time he was slightly positive and estimitated the car to get delivered in the second week of august. But he couldnt be sure until it was physically at the dealership. He also said the delivery depends on a lot factors they cant control.

Thats the only positive thing I heard. Until a few weeks ago they couldnt tell me anything and said they will call me when they know 'something'. But given the fact the delivery got postponed so many times, im not expecting anything anymore until I physically get the keys.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think that's the best way to handle it.

My guys said end of June...they don't even have a VIN number on file, so how it can be at the dealership in what, three weeks is beyond me.

Would be better if they just said "we don't know" rather than keep stating a new date every two weeks.

Then you read posts from the other sections of the forum which state:

Order this 1.6T GDi PHEV Auto AWD Automatic Plug-in hybrid (Petrol) on the 17th Feb 22 its taken 15 weeks , it went into production on the 17th May it was out of production by the 20th May 22

Now, I don't know if these use the same chips and DCT, etc (and I am happy for the individual who had the car) but it makes you wonder if the Proceed GT orders have just been kicked down the road in favour of more popular/ profitable models?

Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
486 Posts
If they are built in the same production line changing over between cars is a big job so you’d gain efficiency and build a load of a single model.

Not sure if that is what’s happening, or if they have more than one line. Could potentially be a staffing issue which leads the decision in the same way too

341 - 360 of 455 Posts