Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage 1.6 Petrol Auto GT-Line 2016
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered 2022 Spotage 1.6 T-GDi 226 HEV 3 Auto. Trying to find a download online of the owners manual without success. Dealer reckons the manual will be embedded in the cars infotainment system and readable on the screen incar. Anyone know different?

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Hi & Welcome.
Yep the new cars have a QR code on the head unit for the manual. But that is more for the head unit. You still get the weighty paper handbook to read through.

·
Registered
Sportage 1.6 Petrol Auto GT-Line 2016
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi & Welcome.
Yep the new cars have a QR code on the head unit for the manual. But that is more for the head unit. You still get the weighty paper handbook to read through.
Thanks, thought a PDF file might be available, lighter than the paper manual. Will have to wait until the car arrives.

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
130 Posts
Hybrid is unavailable, yeah but if you select just the regular version it will be available.. largely the same.
Except it’s the US long wheelbase LHD version with just one engine option (which we in the UK don’t get). The Australian manual is a slightly nearer equivalent and is available on Kia.au.

Steve

Reactions: Mogs

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just a heads-up to say that the 2023 Sportage Hybrid owners manual (HEV / PHEV) is now available on the US site. It appears the only differences between the US model and EU models is the body shape. There’s also a useful ‘Features and Functions Guide’ as well.
Manuals

·
Registered
130 Posts
To add to my post above, I’ve noticed on my ipad that the video links available via QR code in the ‘Features and Functions‘ guide don’t work properly.
If you’re experiencing this as well, then the videos can be found on Kia’s YouTube site under playlists for the 2023 Sportage. You can find them here

·
Registered
On Order: GT-Line S PHEV Dark Penta Metal (Ordered 11/03/22. Expected by July 2022)
43 Posts
Just a heads-up to say that the 2023 Sportage Hybrid owners manual (HEV / PHEV) is now available on the US site. It appears the only differences between the US model and EU models is the body shape. There’s also a useful ‘Features and Functions Guide’ as well.
Manuals
Does the PHEV definitely work OK for you? I ask because it still says unavailable for me!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Does the PHEV definitely work OK for you? I ask because it still says unavailable for me!
Definitely worked for me, I’ve downloaded a copy of both documents to my iPad. Are you sure you’re trying to get the right manual? You need to select ‘Sportage Hybrid’, as the manual covers both models. The PHEV one is not available.

Reactions: xtrailman

·
Registered
On Order: GT-Line S PHEV Dark Penta Metal (Ordered 11/03/22. Expected by July 2022)
43 Posts
Definitely worked for me, I’ve downloaded a copy of both documents to my iPad. Are you sure you’re trying to get the right manual?
Thanks for confirming that. It could be me being a numpty. I’m also using an iPad and selected Sportage PHEV and year 2023. It then shows the error …

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Magenta

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for confirming that. It could be me being a numpty. I’m also using an iPad and selected Sportage PHEV and year 2023. It then shows the error …

View attachment 15160
Sorry, wasn’t sure if you’d seen my ‘edit’ to my post above!

Reactions: rhino7
1 - 20 of 24 Posts