Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking for advice on my sportage awd please. Having only had the car for 4months and covered 2500 miles I’m having issues with power reduction occasionally and very poor fuel consumption, overall 23mpg, has anyone got any ideas or had similar issue please

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi, looking for advice on my sportage awd please. Having only had the car for 4months and covered 2500 miles I’m having issues with power reduction occasionally and very poor fuel consumption, overall 23mpg, has anyone got any ideas or had similar issue please
Petrol or diesel?

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
Hi & Welcome.
Just which engine is it? Is it also one of the mild hybrids?

Also where is the 23 MPG from? Reading on dash?
What do you get if you fill to brim, drive till under 1/2 tank. Then fill to brim again & work out the MPG. This time of year is a killer for MPG especially if you are only doing short local trips. Even more so in a heavy lump like the Sportage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Petrol or diesel?
Petrol
Hi & Welcome.
Just which engine is it? Is it also one of the mild hybrids?

Also where is the 23 MPG from? Reading on dash?
What do you get if you fill to brim, drive till under 1/2 tank. Then fill to brim again & work out the MPG. This time of year is a killer for MPG especially if you are only doing short local trips. Even more so in a heavy lump like the Sportage.
Thankyou, engine is 1.6T GDI ISG GT-LINE 5DR DCT AUTO [AWD], yes mileage from accumulated mileage from new, we’ve had about 60% local driving and 40% motorway

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Where do you fill up,as supermarkets fuel or not known for good mileage,I'm still shocked when I see brand new cars filing at A..A petrol station.
I've never seen any difference in my mpg between supermarket or any branded fuel. Apart from some additives they are the same. It's superstitious nonsense.
In answer to the original poster, the power reduction may be an issue and I would suggest you get your dealer to check. As to your MPG, at this time of year when it is cooler weather, your MPG will go down, especially on shorter journey's. It take longer for the engine to get up to it's optimal working temperature, your probably using the heater more, especially for demisting/de-icing.

·
Registered
Sportgage 1.6 t-gdi AWD DCT GT line
509 Posts
We do mainly short 5 mile trips in our car with the occasional longer run, but I'm seeing about 28mpg out of a tank over the last 10 months.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
841 Posts
I've never seen any difference in my mpg between supermarket or any branded fuel. Apart from some additives they are the same. It's superstitious nonsense.
In answer to the original poster, the power reduction may be an issue and I would suggest you get your dealer to check. As to your MPG, at this time of year when it is cooler weather, your MPG will go down, especially on shorter journey's. It take longer for the engine to get up to it's optimal working temperature, your probably using the heater more, especially for demisting/de-icing.
Same here. Nothing wrong with supermarket fuel. I’ve tried various such as BP, Shell and Asda and all give basically the same mpg.
yes as you have said, I believe some brands add additives but the fuel itself is same as we’ve heard many times before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts