Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my 2021sportage 1.6 diesel mild hybred yesterday and it’s got UVO system using an app on my phone. The version I’ve got is just out and I haven’t got a clue how it works fully, the salesman admitted he wasn’t that knowledgeable on it with it been so new. Does anyone out there understand it, I’ve searched YouTube with no luck, older versions are on there.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,435 Posts
Is this YouTube video any help? If you search YouTube for Kia UVO Setup there is a few.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I just took delivery of my 2021sportage 1.6 diesel mild hybred yesterday and it’s got UVO system using an app on my phone. The version I’ve got is just out and I haven’t got a clue how it works fully, the salesman admitted he wasn’t that knowledgeable on it with it been so new. Does anyone out there understand it, I’ve searched YouTube with no luck, older versions are on there.
I too have a 2021 Sportage diesel hybrid GT Line S (auto awd).
You have to link the app to the car – somehow, I managed to do it and I am not a techie person at all. I remember I had to put the mobile number down as the +44 number (without the leading zero) and somehow it connected after sending a text which I input to the car.

As for the app itself, other than locking/unlocking the car (which the electronic entry fob does anyway) and showing your cars location on the map screen it doesn’t seem to do much else.

You cannot remotely start the car etc and the fuel gauge on the app shows it as permanently empty!

To be honest, I have given up using it already.

·
Registered
292 Posts
As for the app itself, other than locking/unlocking the car (which the electronic entry fob does anyway) and showing your cars location on the map screen it doesn’t seem to do much else.
Maybe it's just me but I find the UVO app useful for sending NAV routes to the car in advance so I don't have to bother when I get into the car, and I find it really useful when the car is at the dealership's, it will tell you when the doors and bonnet are opened, when the engine is running and details of any Road Test they do, including maximum speed!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too have a 2021 Sportage diesel hybrid GT Line S (auto awd).
You have to link the app to the car – somehow, I managed to do it and I am not a techie person at all. I remember I had to put the mobile number down as the +44 number (without the leading zero) and somehow it connected after sending a text which I input to the car.

You cannot remotely start the car etc and the fuel gauge on the app shows it as permanently empty!

To be honest, I have given up using it already.
Hi, that’s exactly where I’ve got to, if that’s it , hardy worth the sales pitch it’s given. Very useful for the plug in hybred family. Thanks for your reply, thought it was me who was a bit dum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it's just me but I find the UVO app useful for sending NAV routes to the car in advance so I don't have to bother when I get into the car, and I find it really useful when the car is at the dealership's, it will tell you when the doors and bonnet are opened, when the engine is running and details of any Road Test they do, including maximum speed!!

Hi, yes I see what your saying and the nav setting is handy, plus as you say can see what’s happening in the garage. Would have been handy if you could start the car from your phone in winter and defrost it.
Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi, yes I see what your saying and the nav setting is handy, plus as you say can see what’s happening in the garage. Would have been handy if you could start the car from your phone in winter and defrost it.
Thanks for your reply
I think you can pre-heat the Electric cars, but not heard of it on Sportages

·
Super Moderator
4,312 Posts
Useful for tracking your car trips.. If someone else happens to borrow it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts