Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you please advise when the 2021 map/software update will be posted with comparison table.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,692 Posts
Can you please advise when the 2021 map/software update will be posted with comparison table.
The 2021 map updates were released in April (see below), and the Gen 4 issue was resolved at the end of April. Map reference starts EUR.13

Hi all

2021 map updates are now ready for all platforms EXCEPT THE 4TH GENERATION. If your 2020 versions are those circled below, the 2021 versions for your platform are undergoing further testing. Thanks for your patience.
If you're unsure which platform your car has, please PM us with the reg.

View attachment 10152

KCS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Who decided the colour and presentation of the maps? They are awful and a truly backward step. One single colour for all roads, regardless of grade makes map reading extremely difficult. Needs looking into and preferably going back to the colours and presentation of previous versions, please? I am really disappointed and sorry I have upgraded.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,692 Posts
Who decided the colour and presentation of the maps? They are awful and a truly backward step. One single colour for all roads, regardless of grade makes map reading extremely difficult. Needs looking into and preferably going back to the colours and presentation of previous versions, please? I am really disappointed and sorry I have upgraded.
In my opinion the colours are fine, although I must admit I don't look at them very much while I'm driving, I just listen to the guidance and watch the road.

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
We already have one discussion on this subject in the main section.

Like above you now have 3 choices of map colours.
I find it easy to read, and it got a good try at the weekend in a totally new area. Got me straight to destination with no problems, which was good as it was a farm in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Personally quite like the new map colours and find the new maps do add extra functionality. Like the GPS speed which displays above the national road limit speed indicator. As we did a fair amount of motoring in France before Covid the GPS speed can be changed into KPH. This is a big bonus not having to look at the tiny KPH figures on the speedo dial. Never understood why the software couldn't be updates to display KPH on the digital MPH display in the centre display on the dashboard but at least this resolves that issue when using the satnav unit.

·
Registered
521 Posts
3 choices of shades. insipid,anemic and pale rider,,,,,,no choice of colour!

·
Registered
43 Posts
My real issue is the complete lack of contrast between the roads and the land. In a car map we need instant knowledge of where the roads are in a glance, not having to work out what type of roads there are, where they go, etc. I find it really frustrating when comparing the Kia maps to Google maps on Carplay for instance.They really need a new colour scheme to maximize contrast of features.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts