Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I recently got to spend the week with a 2021 Facelifted Kia Picanto and I thought you guys as owner/enthusiasts would enjoy it the most!

If you have any questions about my time with it, feel free to ask :)

Cheers!
Matt

·
Registered
172 Posts
Your reviews are good fun (and informative) Matt....I think we kinda got the idea you like it ;)

Open the centre armrest slightly and pull it towards the dash and it slides forward (assuming they haven’t changed the spec)

@Nickyboy. Matt says in the video there have been some production delays but expected by end of year

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your reviews are good fun (and informative) Matt....I think we kinda got the idea you like it ;)

Open the centre armrest slightly and pull it towards the dash and it slides forward (assuming they haven’t changed the spec)

@Nickyboy. Matt says in the video there have been some production delays but expected by end of year
Thanks Gareth! Great tip, I'll try and report back :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Beat me to it Matt re the GT, posting while I was still writing :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hate the fake exhausts and the lack of sunroof option (removed from GT and GTS models). I like the bigger head unit and the digital speedo. I hope they can both be fitted to the preface.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It took me a while to figure it out about the arm rest Matt when I got my (previous model) turbo

Agree about the exhaust Nicky. I suppose in the year of COVID having what looks like a giant mask on the front of the car makes sense :)rolleyes:) but I will never prefer that over the previous frontage

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had read that it did this, but was trying to move it without opening it first!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thank you Matt for the video, looks like you had great fun, would love to have seen what the lights looked like in the dark.
I was so pleased when I heard the X Line S was going to have an automatic version, and have been waiting in anticipation for it to arrive here in UK. But after seeing a couple of videos and reading the spec sheet, I am disappointed with a lot of the changes having been made. There are a few that I did like but the cons far outweigh the pros. Here's my list of pros and cons.

Pros
Octagonal headlight surrounds
Buttons along bottom of infotainment system, as apposed to down each side
Digital speedo

Cons
Chrome accents - prefer the body to be all one colour
Front grille
Faux black leather seats - prefer the grey
Rear fake exhaust covers
Air Con controls
No sunroof

My local dealer is getting the X Line S in a couple of weeks, so I'll go and have a look just to be sure, but it doesn't look like I'll be changing my Picanto 3 for it. :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hate the fake exhausts and the lack of sunroof option (removed from GT and GTS models). I like the bigger head unit and the digital speedo. I hope they can both be fitted to the preface.
I get annoyed when car makers change something almost because they can, or because they think that they have to. I can personally think of scores of cars over the years that looked good to me, but the updates less so. I never thought there was much wrong at all with the pre MY21 JA Picantos, whether we are talking about the bread and butter ones or the turbo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fake exhausts are thing on some higher end models so I guess Kia thought the masses would like the look.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for a positive review Matt. I enjoy my MY19 GT so much that any update would have to be power to make me change!
It is interesting that even the normally aspirated Platinum Cup Picantos (which use the standard 1.25 litre engine) develop 74 kW versus the road car's 62 kW, yet the only differences are intake air filter, back end exhaust and ECU modifications. Normally you could never get a 20% power increase in a normally asiprated engine with such changes unless the manufacturer was really holding things back in the ECU (like purposely reducing torque at high RPM beynd what the engine would naturally produce).

If you look at the power curve of the little 1.25, it is actually flat from the high 4000 range which is very unusual and a good sign (along with the Platinum cars) that Kia really hold things back.

So I reckon Kia should do a proper job and build a turbo version of that 1.25 engine versus the existing 1.0 three cylinder.

·
Registered
486 Posts
So I reckon Kia should do a proper job and build a turbo version of that 1.25 engine versus the existing 1.0 three cylinder.
I doubt your wishes will come true as the 3cyl Turbo is put in to many of the range now.

I now have the Powerbox fitted to mine just like the Picanto GT Cup and it has changed the behaviour of the car. Still getting used to it but noticeable smoother idle, more grunt when accelerating into the traffic and a different pull when I do my hill climb home from work (its like I only need half throttle now).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts