Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I recently spent the week with the new Picanto GT and I thought you guys’ as owner’s/enthusiasts would appreciate it most.

Let me just say, I’m so fu*king jealous of you if you’ve got one of these - you definitely made the right choice!

Cheers and see you around this forum! Hopefully I’ll be an owner myself one day haha! :)

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,088 Posts
I agree with you 100% Matt (good review by the way). After several years of staid family hatchbacks this car has put the fun back into driving for me. In fact more fun than any car since my 1969 mini cooper S, which I wish I had never sold...

Reactions: Greybeard2

·
Registered
75 Posts
In fact more fun than any car since my 1969 mini cooper S, which I wish I had never sold...
Agreed- I have almost identical car history as you. I had a 1275 Cooper S of same era, as my first car!
The Picanto GT is a great all round fun to drive city car.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Another great review by “Mr. Enthusiasm“

Glad to see Matt you remembered that the centre arm rest is able to slide forward :devilish:

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,088 Posts
Another great review by “Mr. Enthusiasm“

Glad to see Matt you remembered that the centre arm rest is able to slide forward :devilish:
I did not know that until I watched the review!

·
Registered
215 Posts
You have to lift the arm rest no more than about half an inch Phil, if you have it any higher it doesn’t work

It does tend to get in the way of the handbrake though, so is really only of practical use when you on a long journey, or parked up having a break

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes, you’re right Bathy. Maybe I should have worded it better, but my point of lifting it more than about half an inch stops it from working is valid.

Being a very shallow person :rolleyes:, one thing I am envious of with the Oz specked GT’s is that the emblem on the back just says GT, and not the god awful GTLine:sick:

Cant decide whether it is all one piece or the ‘Line’ section is separate and can be removed…and haven’t plucked up the courage to try it (yet!)

Petrol Ped has a good video on this

·
Registered
215 Posts
So maybe yours is broken :p :)

I tried every which way with the lid raised up when I first got the car, button pressed or not, and no way would it work

Maybe it’s another ‘Oz’ thing :LOL:

·
Registered
Titanium Silver Kia Picanto GT-Line S 1.0 TGDI
14 Posts
Hey everyone, I recently spent the week with the new Picanto GT and I thought you guys’ as owner’s/enthusiasts would appreciate it most.

Let me just say, I’m so fu*king jealous of you if you’ve got one of these - you definitely made the right choice!

Cheers and see you around this forum! Hopefully I’ll be an owner myself one day haha! :)

·
Registered
Titanium Silver Kia Picanto GT-Line S 1.0 TGDI
14 Posts
Hi Matt

Great review.

I have a Picanto 2019 1.0 turbo GT-Line S.
The car is lots of fun to drive.
Mine has the Bluespark tuning box on and has really woken the car up.
The car is very responsive and really goes when you give it some welly.
I have noticed there is allot more low down power running the box. I think it makes the car nicer to drive.
The car still returns 50 mpg when cruising along at 56-60 mph.
Great car for cruising on the UK motorways 2500 rpm at 70 mph in 5th gear.
I did notice if you run it on 95 octane mine does pink a bit and retard the timing. This might be due to the tuning box. I run mine on Shell V Power 99 octane, Engine Oil Liqui Moly 0W-30 C2 with Liqui Moly Ceratec, gearbox oil fully synthetic 75/90 Liqui Moly gearbox additive.
The engine & gearbox are both so smooth & quiet now. Gear changes so slick.
Very well made car.
Cheers
Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts