Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 GTLine with an 8” Touchscreen Unit in it and was wondering if anyone knows if the Navigation 8” Touchscreen Unit from a 2021 GTLine’S’ will fit. I’m wanting Navigation in my car and I’m sure the connections will be the same. I also have the Shark Fin aerial fitted.

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Would agree with @vengablue.

But as the GT Line S has "Touchscreen Satellite Navigation with RDS & DAB with Telematics" I have to ask why you would be doing this, or have you got confused on the level of the car?

"1" & "2" do not have navigation or Apple Car Play or Android Auto.
X-Line & GT Line do not have "Touchscreen Satellite Navigation with RDS & DAB with Telematics" but do have Apple Car Play & Android Auto.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not use third party Apps via Carplay or Android & a smartphone?
I have CarPlay but it keeps dropping the connection, so it’s a pain. The dealer says as yet no update is available to fix the problem so just looking for an alternative at mo.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it's the car, as I have connection issues with Android auto in both my Sportage and my MX5. These issues are nearly always down to the phone or the cable.

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
I have CarPlay but it keeps dropping the connection, so it’s a pain. The dealer says as yet no update is available to fix the problem so just looking for an alternative at mo.
So are you connecting phone via cable or wireless?
What phone & version of IOS do you have?

As 14.0 & 14.5 have been known to have issues. With flaky connections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So are you connecting phone via cable or wireless?
What phone & version of IOS do you have?

As 14.0 & 14.5 have been known to have issues. With flaky connections.
I have iPhone 6s+ on iOS 14.6 and I use wireless connection.

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
I think you are going to have to wait for a software update. While a GT-Line S would fit. You have to get hold of one & that will not be cheap & I would bet a long wait for them as well. Not going to be many 2nd hand ones . Also going to void warranty.

Pretty sure you can't use a wired connection either? Or can you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts