Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The proceed is rather nice, looks like the digital cockpit is getting some tasty updates in terms of graphics and the exhausts look much better. I hope there are two valves ;)

Ceed hatch looks crap in my opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A bit disappointed on the inside and engine. I couldn't notice any mood lights and I even got info that GT will get some when ordered. Even US version has mood lights in front, looks like Kia are not interested in Europe sales like Honda. Engine is t-gdi an old Gamma. This looks like the first order will go with this and next year probably will be new CVVD engine. Not that Gamma is a bad engine but it's outdated and this was a chance to switch to next generation. But obviously they don't care a lot for Europe like other Asian manufacturers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i read about that engine and it seems that there wouldn't be any major gains.

Yeah, Europe is getting just a trickle of the models/ranges, party due to emissions. Sportage has just 130kw, which is a joke for a car like that.

·
Registered
2019 Proceed GT 1.6
12 Posts
I think the 'face' part of the facelift looks great, and I love the addition of the rear tail lights/indicators that turn on sequentially (don't think the proceed gets this though🙁).

I think the exhaust tips are a little bit disappointing on the Proceed GT though - they just look a little oddly proportioned. It might be because the entire press release they didn't just show us a 360 view of each car so we only got the zoomed in views. Here's hoping it sounds as good as the pre-facelift.

As always the new KIA logo looks amazing, just wish it was a little smaller in my taste.

As always though just being picky. They look great in total and again are completely underrated in my opinion.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Must admit I think it's a bit of a headturner!

Before I committed though, I think I would also check out the new Genesis G70 Shooting Brake shortly to be released in the UK under the Hyundai stable. It looks a bit of a stunner also!

Looks great, but needs dual/quad pipes :)

Looks like Stinger/Aston Martin mashup lol. I wonder when it's gonna reach the baltic states and how much more expensive it would be over the proceed. Also, are all genesies RWD?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Needs a 3 door model, and the GT needs to have a manual gearbox, until then i'll be stikcing with the older generation ProCee'd

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
622 Posts
Needs a 3 door model, and the GT needs to have a manual gearbox, until then i'll be stikcing with the older generation ProCee'd
I feel the same, but I fully accept that 3 doors hatches for mainstream manufacturers are a hard sell nowadays. KIA's rigid speccing of the range is a bit frustrating; I can't get a Ceed, Proceed or Xceed with the 1.6T-GDi, manual box and a sunroof that I want!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I hope they fix minor interior issues in Ceed- 1) there was no vents for rear passenger, 2) no USB and 12 v socket for rear passenger, and 3) no 12 v socket in the boot, and 4) none of the door pockets were felt or rubber padded to prevent rattles. If they want to compete with Golf, these are minor things that users look for. Now, these might be present in high spec model, but they should provide this in all models- Octavia has all these.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I feel the same, but I fully accept that 3 doors hatches for mainstream manufacturers are a hard sell nowadays. KIA's rigid speccing of the range is a bit frustrating; I can't get a Ceed, Proceed or Xceed with the 1.6T-GDi, manual box and a sunroof that I want!

Indeed

Now i know i've only owned my ProCeed for a couple of weeks, but i'll be jumping ship for Hyundai for my next car i think, other than the 3 door thing, the i30N should be in my price range by then, and should have everything i want (albeit with 2 extra doors)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope they fix minor interior issues in Ceed- 1) there was no vents for rear passenger, 2) no USB and 12 v socket for rear passenger, and 3) no 12 v socket in the boot, and 4) none of the door pockets were felt or rubber padded to prevent rattles. If they want to compete with Golf, these are minor things that users look for. Now, these might be present in high spec model, but they should provide this in all models- Octavia has all these.
I doubt than any of these gonna come :) Also, I can see that the exhausts aren't completely real.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Also, there seems to be some cost cutting. The separate row of buttons that used to be below the infotainment screen has gone (for newer Ceeds, and Xceed started with this), and are now on the sides of the screen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also, there seems to be some cost cutting. The separate row of buttons that used to be below the infotainment screen has gone (for newer Ceeds, and Xceed started with this), and are now on the sides of the screen.
wut? it seems the same.

I'd like some ambient lighting. Most cars seem to have it these days
Agreed big time. Went for a test drive in cupra leon st. Felt like a different class of car. Also, Kia need to give up the shit resolution for the camera.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a deposit on a Cupra leon estate 245bhp ehybrid recently before I bought the Proceed. I cancelled it as another dealer said after a 5 hour home charge, he only got 25 miles from it. I agree about the interior lighting though. I said I would never have another Seat/Cupra after only owning a Seat Cupra st for 1 month before getting rid because of the cheap interior. The new interiors are very nice. It was the charging issue that made me cancel as there are no local chargers to me either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a deposit on a Cupra leon estate 245bhp ehybrid recently before I bought the Proceed. I cancelled it as another dealer said after a 5 hour home charge, he only got 25 miles from it. I agree about the interior lighting though. I said I would never have another Seat/Cupra after only owning a Seat Cupra st for 1 month before getting rid because of the cheap interior. The new interiors are very nice. It was the charging issue that made me cancel as there are no local chargers to me either.
I test drove the 310hp AWD version, but then started considering the hybrid (because I can charge at work for free). Battery is not the best, the 245hp is combined, so on a longer trip, you going to end up with a heavy car with a small engine :)

I am still very tempted to get cupra leon st, even a demo car if possible. I can get around 10% off for any kia, so I would be paying around 7-8k extra for the Cupra. of course, you get:

• adaptive chassis (works really well)
  • the horsepower and 4WD
  • all the screens and cameras are on a totally different class, Kia can't compare
  • awesome seats
  • surprisingly good sound insulation

However:

• scratchy plastics in the back, still
  • no proper exhaust sound, even with quad pipes. on Cupra mode, the fake V8 sounds is ridiculous, albeit kinda fun (on the testdrive lol)
  • Ugly ugly ugly entry level 19" rims, other rims are ugly as well, the top rims with copper coating are prone to curbing, hardly an option as well
  • 20mpg/12l per 100km city (at best) in 2021 is hmmmmmm, not for a daily
  • 5 yr/100k km warrany

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Cupra ehybrid estate 245 that I had a deposit on had 6k miles and I had got them down to £28500 cash. If I took a bit of finance (I think it was £3k, i could get 2 services for £79). They said it was a saving of £550. They said I could pay it off after a couple of payments. I've never done finance but was going to take out £3k for the service offer. When I cancelled the deposit, they rang me and said that they would include the charging cable at £288 for charging away from home. The home charge cable was included. The main reason I didn't go ahead was for the longer journeys, it seemed that it would go back to a 150 hp car once the 25 miles of battery were up (but I admit that I haven't researched them fully).
They have certainly improved the dash etc since the one I had, 69 reg.
I might look into the quick petrol one when I've had this one for a while. I don't keep cars for long but hoping I keep this one. I do like it (at the moment) :)
I would look at them again though (just the petrol version).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A bit disappointed on the inside and engine. I couldn't notice any mood lights and I even got info that GT will get some when ordered. Even US version has mood lights in front, looks like Kia are not interested in Europe sales like Honda. Engine is t-gdi an old Gamma. This looks like the first order will go with this and next year probably will be new CVVD engine. Not that Gamma is a bad engine but it's outdated and this was a chance to switch to next generation. But obviously they don't care a lot for Europe like other Asian manufacturers.
I'm reading the press release for the Baltics and it talks about variable valves, so it seems that we're getting it :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts