Kia Owners Club Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Hi, guys just a wee update. All three companies involved have now had a summons raised against them, so can't really post much about it as it is now more or less getting ready to go to court, or see who blinks first. The one thing I can say is AC had a visit from an independent engineer and they weren't very happy about it, and the engineer wasn't happy with their attempts to fix the car, and it's still not fixed. Keep you updated when I know more.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
There are several thread on the engine issue. Which has nothing to do with Ceeds. It relates to the 48V mild hybrids Sportages.

So are AC lying too you over the problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
There are several thread on the engine issue. Which has nothing to do with Ceeds. It relates to the 48V mild hybrids Sportages.

So are AC lying too you over the problem?
My Ceed is a 48V mild-hybrid, so I guess it's the engine and not a specific model. I think AC are caught up in a web of lies to KIA and it just needs to be sorted out who's at fault.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
My Ceed is a 48V mild-hybrid, so I guess it's the engine and not a specific model. I think AC are caught up in a web of lies to KIA and it just needs to be sorted out who's at fault.
Ah did not know that. But usually the failure is very clear due to noise, loud squeal & lack of ability to drive.

Unless as has been said before AC have lied & are blaming a software upgrade for something else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Another wee update. AC and Kia are having constant pops at each other, with them blaming each other for the issues. My lawyer thought we were close to arranging a court date, but then AC changed the legal team they were using and everything is on hold again until they are up to speed.

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
4,106 Posts
Turned into a nightmare mate. I now haven't had a car since March and have to beg and borrow a car to get to my work 25 miles away.
I sincerely hope that when you win your case you get very substantial damages to help soften the blow of all the aggro you've had. Keep on truckin.....

81 - 93 of 93 Posts