Kia Owners Club Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Your rejection is against the retailer. Not Manufacture.
They can not refuse not given they have failed to fix the issue.

Don't bother with a solicitor going to cost money...
Template here.

I would not be driving car in limp mode. It only to get you to safety.
Thank you so much for this. Someone else told me to go with this company Reject My Car - Reject My as they have an amazing record of wins, and they no win no fee. I will try the template you sent first though, and I will speak to the dealership I bought the car from to let them know I will be rejecting the car. Just as I was typing this, two guys from AC have turned up and taken the car to the dealership. I said I wasn't happy with them driving it due to the EML on, but they said they were told it was fine to do so. I called AC to confirm this and told them they ar liable for any further damage to the engine. They had previously promised they were sending a Tech to my house today to look at the car but decided they would rather just pick it up. I have now lost a further two days of work because they can't give me a courtesy car either.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I would not be paying any company to do something I could do myself for free.
Your right mate. Just need one bit of advice though. I bought the car from Acorn KIA in Crew, and I stay in Glasgow. The problem happened at AC KIA Glasgow where they failed to repair the car the first time. Who do I send the rejection letter to?

Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
Your right mate. Just need one bit of advice though. I bought the car from Acorn KIA in Crew, and I stay in Glasgow. The problem happened at AC KIA Glasgow where they failed to repair the car the first time. Who do I send the rejection letter to?
IANAL but logic would suggest you reject from the people who sold you the car - they took your money. This may get messy as you had a different garage complete work on the car from the one that sold it to you.

Reactions: KIAownerGlasgow

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
IANAL but logic would suggest you reject from the people who sold you the car - they took your money. This may get messy as you had a different garage complete work on the car from the one that sold it to you.
That's my thoughts as well. The problem I have with that though is they sold me the car and it was going great until AC got their hands on it and basically broke it. Now if I go to the original seller they will say that the car was fine and had no problems until it was serviced at another KIA dealership. Like you said this could get very messy between the two dealerships.

Super Moderator
Ah... Wish you had said that at the start....
Not sure where this would need to go now.
I would ask Acorn Kia & see what they say. But given the car was messed up by AC. I'm not sure about the whole rejection now.

Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
If the dealer has a Kia logo above the door, then they should be working to Kia specification. I'd be putting more pressure on Kia to step in on AC given that you have taken it to a flagged (and authorised?) dealer/service centre and not a backstreet garage and they have caused the issue.

Getting it serviced at a Kia dealer should be the same irrespective of where it was purchased. When you purchase a service plan it is valid at any Kia service location, this update should be no different.

Registered
That all said and done, This states that to reject a car it must have had a fault since purchase, which isn't the case here. https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/ It also states that you need to give the selling dealer the chance to fix it. This again isn't the case.

Consult a legal professional and aim them squarely at AC

Registered
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
KIA seems very reluctant to help me against AC. I just got this message below from KIA. I have now missed two more days of work because of this issue, and as you can see I can't get a courtesy car yet again from the dealer who broke the car. My boss doesn't find this situation funny at all as we are really busy at work. I can't even get public transport to work as I leave at 04:30 to do my 38-mile drive.

Thanks for your reply.

Arnold Clark couldn't have repaired this at your address. They've now advised they've found a voltage drop to an injector and will open a technical case with Kia as soon as possible. I'll keep checking for updates and have asked them to make you a priority for a courtesy car if one of their stock becomes free.

If there鈥檚 anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or phone on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards

Nick Good
Customer Service Advisor
Kia UK Limited

Registered
With the greatest of respect you should be telling this to a legal professional or citizens advice bureau. It鈥檚 great to name and shame a dealer here but I feel that other than venting it isn鈥檛 productive.

I am sorry this has happened, nobody likes to be out of pocket or without a vehicle and it sounds like the dealer is being rotten. Hopefully some legal advice as has been previously suggested will get you a suitable resolution
So have you spoken to a legal professional? If not, I would stop posting here and pick up the phone to find out about recovering costs incurred. I would also ask whether getting a hire car until the matter is resolved is a reasonable recoverable cost.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
So have you spoken to a legal professional? If not, I would stop posting here and pick up the phone to find out about recovering costs incurred. I would also ask whether getting a hire car until the matter is resolved is a reasonable recoverable cost.
I have just done this and waiting on a callback.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Possibly the final update for a while. I called Arnold Clark for an update yesterday, and they are working with KIA techs as the car is dropping voltage in the injectors, whatever that means. They are also using another car for doner parts but still can't sort it. I then asked them to reject the car and they said no, so I asked KIA for their opinion on the rejection, and they said it's up to Arnold Clark. I then told both parties I would have no further contact with them as it was now in the hands of a lawyer. KIA then called me back saying I couldn't reject the car because it was outwith the timescale to do so. I simply told them the lawyer would not have taken the case on if there wasn't a case to answer for. Let's hope this gets resolved quickly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I hope this gets resolved for you
Arnold Clark are not happy. Got a call from them today asking why I had taken this action as they were doing everything they can to fix my car. I told the guy, that it's been over 3 months and 3 attempts to fix the car and I'm losing time off my work. And the fact that a company the size of Ac couldn't find a courtesy car for me. His last words were, we won't be rejecting the car as it's over a year old and can be fixed. I just told him to let's wait and see. Bloody cheek. lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Any update on how this is going? Is the car fixed, decent loan car sorted or is the rejection done?
I eventually went to rejectmycar.com as they have a very high success rate, and if I don't win I don't pay, and I got a good deal off them through a friend who knows the owner. So all parties were contacted last week with notices of action against them and I signed a GDPR to have all documentation about the car released to the lawyer. Out of the 3 involved, the only one to respond so far is Acorn KIA who has been so helpful. They are going to reject the car as Arnold Clark won't do it and KIA says they can't do it, and Acorn is now looking for a similar car for me, and they will pay the full price I paid for the car and give me a little bit more on top due to the aggravation I've gone through, how much that is has still to be decided. I still don't have a hire car at the moment as AC are saying they still don't have any, and KIA are not talking to anyone. The thing about the guy who owns the rejection company has been in the industry since 1985 and has held some really high positions, so he has the car dealers running scared. He is also waiting to speak to Paul Philpott the CEO of KIA UK, who he used to work with. But he's not due back in the UK till Sunday. Hopefully, it will all come together sooner rather than later.

Registered
This saga is unbelievable given that it all stemmed from a botched update by AC mechanic. You would at least have thought they would have the grace to fall on their own sword and do the honourable thing by accepting your rejection!

I hope your solicitor takes them to the cleaners, particularly as the issue has been going on for over a month now!

The message I take from all of this is to deal with independent dealerships rather than the large nationals like AC.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully the saga will come to a satisfactory conclusion shortly!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
This saga is unbelievable given that it all stemmed from a botched update by AC mechanic. You would at least have thought they would have the grace to fall on their own sword and do the honourable thing by accepting your rejection!

I hope your solicitor takes them to the cleaners, particularly as the issue has been going on for over a month now!

The message I take from all of this is to deal with independent dealerships rather than the large nationals like AC.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully the saga will come to a satisfactory conclusion shortly!
I actually think that AC thinks they are infallible when it comes to doing wrong, I have never known them to hold their hands up to anything. I went into the branch 2 days ago to get my belonging from the car and the service manager, who I have never seen before or even spoken to throughout this whole situation, can up to me and said, you know this has nothing to do with AC as we only followed KIA'S update guide. Do you think he's feeling a bit of guilt? This situation started on 15th March, so we are actually heading towards 3 months now.

Super Moderator
Followed the guide up to the point where it stalled. Then pulled the plug, rather than contacting Kia Tech to see what to do...
As we all know on any updates on computers. Pulling the plug is one thing that can really mess them up.

I hope Kia put some pressure on AC to take over the replacement of the car. As they are clearly at fault. Even to the point of saving either you do or we will pull the franchise. Dealers like this give manufactures a bad name.

But hats off to Acorn Kia who really have gone over & above for something that is not their fault.

Registered
Followed the guide up to the point where it stalled. Then pulled the plug, rather than contacting Kia Tech to see what to do...
As we all know on any updates on computers. Pulling the plug is one thing that can really mess them up.

I hope Kia put some pressure on AC to take over the replacement of the car. As they are clearly at fault. Even to the point of saving either you do or we will pull the franchise. Dealers like this give manufactures a bad name.

But hats off to Acorn Kia who really have gone over & above for something that is not their fault.
Guess who we should buy our cars from and guess who we shouldn't. I'll make a point of avoiding A/C on the back of this thread and head to Stirling with my car.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts