Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
I guess at least they are keeping you mobile.

I'm going there this morning if you want me to give your car a wave. Wish me luck. 馃槺

Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
It looks like KIA have taken the blame for the bricked ECU unit. Arnold Clark told me today the part is getting supplied under the KIA warranty, so I take it there have concocted a story blaming KIA. I've been onto KIA on there twitter account, but they have now started sending me DM instead of answering my essaged online. There response to my question today.
Hi Graham

Regarding your tweets, Kia UK have taken responsibility for the repair under warranty. The module failed as a result of being updated.

The integrated system assembly is now on back order and on the highest priority order status. We're sorry it can't be shipped sooner, it's one of may parts with production severely impacted by the Slovakian supply chain issues

All we can now do is wait for the part and keep you mobile until your car is repaired.

Kind regards

Kia UK Limited
They say that "all we can do is keep you mobile" - so hold them to their statement!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I guess at least they are keeping you mobile.

I'm going there this morning if you want me to give your car a wave. Wish me luck. 馃槺
I had there service manager on the phone to me yesterday, and all he could do was moan about how the car is taking up space in his garage as they can't move it, and they haven't been paid for the service yet. 馃槺 Typical AC just thinking of themselves. Good luck. 馃
They say that "all we can do is keep you mobile" - so hold them to their statement!
I do appreciate them keeping me mobile, but in a van lol. Anyway, they have been back onto me and I can expect a call from a senior manager who is now dealing with my case.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This is insane, they would be easier, and cheaper, just giving you a car off the lot like another Diesel Ceed and have you bring it back when the part is fitted to your own car.

On the back of that, it doesn't fill me with confidence to use AC in Springburn or Linwood - both of which are local to me also.
Talking about costs, I'm led to believe that the courtesy car/van is costing KIA over 拢900pw. It would be cheaper to give me another car as this is expected to go on for a minimum of 2 months, and it's already been 7 weeks. Oh, and AC offered me 拢16200 if I wanted to trade it in, most others are well over 拢18000.

Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
Well, my service went ok and got them to fix my fuel flap at same time as was never right. Seem to have done a good job of that
They really need to fix the entrance to their garage as is one massive pothole (springburn)
My only comment would be they could have used clean hands to stamp the service book as was all oil prints.
They did tell me maybe in next 6 months I should change the wiper blades......ok then.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well, my service went ok and got them to fix my fuel flap at same time as was never right. Seem to have done a good job of that
They really need to fix the entrance to their garage as is one massive pothole (springburn)
My only comment would be they could have used clean hands to stamp the service book as was all oil prints.
They did tell me maybe in next 6 months I should change the wiper blades......ok then.
All good then, glad to hear it. That's not a pothole, it's a blinking sinkhole, and hopefully, it consumes the whole site with my car in it. :D

Registered
Talking about costs, I'm led to believe that the courtesy car/van is costing KIA over 拢900pw. It would be cheaper to give me another car as this is expected to go on for a minimum of 2 months, and it's already been 7 weeks. Oh, and AC offered me 拢16200 if I wanted to trade it in, most others are well over 拢18000.
Arnold Clarke, more like Arnold Shark. Although, are you comparing trade in with retail prices? Sometimes it is easier just to sell, move on.

When the time comes I'll take my car to Stirling to avoid A/C.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Arnold Clarke, more like Arnold Shark. Although, are you comparing trade in with retail prices? Sometimes it is easier just to sell, move on.

When the time comes I'll take my car to Stirling to avoid A/C.
When I spoke to one of the apparently top men at AC he said would I be interested in selling the car and buying another from them, and they will sell my current car when fixed. I asked due to the inconvenience I've had are they going to help me out with a deal. Yes, he said that's why I mentioned it., so yes go ahead and see what you can do. When he called back the next day to offer me that low figure, I asked where the deal was? His answer was that this is a very competitive price but he couldn't match the other offers I have had. So that was a no thanks, and we move back to Kia now to see what's up next. I still maintain AC are at fault with this and pulling the wool over KIA's eyes

Registered
When I spoke to one of the apparently top men at AC he said would I be interested in selling the car and buying another from them, and they will sell my current car when fixed. I asked due to the inconvenience I've had are they going to help me out with a deal. Yes, he said that's why I mentioned it., so yes go ahead and see what you can do. When he called back the next day to offer me that low figure, I asked where the deal was? His answer was that this is a very competitive price but he couldn't match the other offers I have had. So that was a no thanks, and we move back to Kia now to see what's up next. I still maintain AC are at fault with this and pulling the wool over KIA's eyes
Good ol Arnie Shark. Aye, lowball offer. They need to get it a lot higher. When your car is fixed they will retail it at 拢20k plus as it is so new.

I hate hassle, so if the offer was acceptable, I would take it and push and push to get the car off my hands and just start afresh - presuming they could arrange a new car quicker than they can get the part in for this one. And that is a big presumption.

An acceptable buy back price is a good direction to push for so long as the price you get is suitable, and the replacement car they get you is imminent and they still provide you with a loaner until it arrives.

You've got a new car, it's off the road for 16 weeks like some old rust bucket restoration shed, because of something they did.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Good ol Arnie Shark. Aye, lowball offer. They need to get it a lot higher. When your car is fixed they will retail it at 拢20k plus as it is so new.

I hate hassle, so if the offer was acceptable, I would take it and push and push to get the car off my hands and just start afresh - presuming they could arrange a new car quicker than they can get the part in for this one. And that is a big presumption.

An acceptable buy back price is a good direction to push for so long as the price you get is suitable, and the replacement car they get you is imminent and they still provide you with a loaner until it arrives.

You've got a new car, it's off the road for 16 weeks like some old rust bucket restoration shed, because of something they did.
This is exactly why I want to speak to the KIA manager rather than sending messages all the time. I'm going to try and push them and AC to work together in building a package to buy the car back and I will wait for something to come into stock. The offer they gave me was derisory in my mind and they would have made about 拢3000 after the car was fixed. So I will post on Monday the outcome of talking to KIA.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Okay guys another update. Just spoke on the phone to my case handler, and if I'm being honest I haven't really got anywhere. Strangely enough, one of the first questions he asked me was, what kind of valuation I was putting on my car? I'm presuming they have spoken to AC who offered me less than 拢18000 for my less than a one-year-old car. I told him that this wasn't acceptable and he said he would call AC, but stated that KIA could only go by the valuation from AC. I told him the figure they offered me wasn't the retail value of the car, and that the same car from AC is 拢22000. At this point he said I wouldn't get the retail value of the car, and I asked why not as AC and KIA broke my car and I'm due the full retail value. I told KIA I would not accept anything other than that. I have left it with him for now but did remind him this has so far cost KIA almost 拢1600 in rental costs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi Guys. KIA case handler just got back to me on a Twitter DM, can't even call me. They are now saying that between KIA and AC they cannot source me a different car before the date of the part arriving for my car, so in other words, we are not doing anything for you. In the meantime, the value of my car is going down and will be more than 拢1000 less by the time I get the car back. Anything else I can try?

Super Moderator
Only thing I can think is push dealer to reject the car. Not sure if it would work. Might be a idea to contact

or if you have legal cover on home/car ins what your options are.

Have a check on Autotrader to see if there is anything like the car you have.

Don't know if this is like yours but it is from AC website

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Only thing I can think is push dealer to reject the car. Not sure if it would work. Might be a idea to contact

or if you have legal cover on home/car ins what your options are.

Have a check on Autotrader to see if there is anything like the car you have.

Don't know if this is like yours but it is from AC website
Thanks for the reply mate. I'm having a look around the AC website at the moment. The car you have linked to isn't quite the same as mine is a
2021 (21) Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDi 48V ISG GT-Line. I will take on board what you said about contacting CAB and will check my insurance.

Registered
Not that I'm an expert by any means, but it does occur to me that a large dealership (in fact any reputable dealership), would be covered for such eventualities when working on customers' property, by a Motor trade insurance policy.

It is clear you have suffered financial loss and inconvenience by AC actions and should be compensated accordingly.

Solicitors letters do have a habit of focussing one's attention, and I believe that if I were in your shoes facing intransigence etc, that I would be seeking advice possibly from Citizens Advice Bureau (are they still called that?) or a commercial solicitor with a view to firing a shot across their bows and formulating a financial claim which they would have to notify to their insurers assuming they have not done so already. This might give you extra leverage as notifiying possible claims does have an affect on premium levels

If that does concentrate minds they might up their offer to avoid going down this route and provide you with a better option than you have at present.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Hi, Graham Arnold Clark now confirms the ETA of the part on the emergency order had updated to 16th May. Does that change your position? I feel this part could realistically be fitted before we and Arnold Clark are able to move you into a different car. Kind regards Nick Kia UK Limited. I received this message today from KIA. You'll note it's yet again an ETA, just like the last 3 dates.
I answered saying I can't trust ETA as I've had 3 previous ones and would prefer we spoke about what was discussed on the phone about changing the car. I asked them if I could see the report on the car, just out of interest, and I received this reply. Not sure what to make of it.

I would need to request Arnold Clark to send that to you as they're responsible for the quality of work and the technical findings on their site at that independent franchised business. Do you authorise me to share your email address with Arnold Clark? I'm sorry you remain unhappy with the lead time, I'll discuss your request for a different car with them but it's unlikely we can improve on any offer they can make given Kia are already committing to repair this under warranty and above our liabilities, are covering car hire costs until the car is repaired. Kind regards Nick Kia UK Limited

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Today's saga :D Got a call from KIA saying they would not take a rejection of the car as the car can be fixed at some point, I said when, and they said at some point as the part is on order and under warranty. I asked about trading the car in but was told that it would be at the trade-in price from AC but they would take into consideration the problems I've had, but no retail price and KIA won't help out as they are already paying for a rental car. So KIA and AC want me to go in and see them about selling and buying another car. So putting me into dept that I don't have or want. Does anyone know a good lawyer? :eek:

Super Moderator
Kia would have nothing to do with rejection of the car. As that is between A Clark & yourself. As they are the seller of the car. Although you do have to give them one chance to fix the car.

A/C are not doing themselves any favours here. They could easily take the car & get it repaired (their fault anyway) & let you have another car of the value of yours @ purchase price. As they could easily sell yours once repaired for the same amount.

If only these companies realised what good customer service was.

Registered
You need a recommendation from within your own local community for a decent commercial lawyer.

An initial meeting should be FOC and that would provide an opportunity to assess whether you have a sound case.

I would earmark an amount to throw at this issue by agreement with the lawyer (say 拢500) to allow for all the preliminaries in taking you on board as a client and covering the first letter.

I would expect that the first letter would be putting the dealer on notice that you will be holding them responsible for your legal costs.

Or bite your lip, continue with the rented car which isn't costing you, and wait for the fix. At least that way AC are assisting in mitigating your losses.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Kia would have nothing to do with rejection of the car. As that is between A Clark & yourself. As they are the seller of the car. Although you do have to give them one chance to fix the car.

A/C are not doing themselves any favours here. They could easily take the car & get it repaired (their fault anyway) & let you have another car of the value of yours @ purchase price. As they could easily sell yours once repaired for the same amount.

If only these companies realised what good customer service was.
Yeah the KIA guy said that AC wouldn't reject the car, but I know they want to try and get it on the cheap and then sell it on. I'd rather it sat with them and wait for the repair if that's the case. I honestly thought KIA could have put a bit of pressure on them to do the right thing, but when I asked that I was told they are an independent dealer so nothing to do with KIA. I remember the days when the customer was king, but not anymore.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts