Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is insane, they would be easier, and cheaper, just giving you a car off the lot like another Diesel Ceed and have you bring it back when the part is fitted to your own car.

On the back of that, it doesn't fill me with confidence to use AC in Springburn or Linwood - both of which are local to me also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Talking about costs, I'm led to believe that the courtesy car/van is costing KIA over £900pw. It would be cheaper to give me another car as this is expected to go on for a minimum of 2 months, and it's already been 7 weeks. Oh, and AC offered me £16200 if I wanted to trade it in, most others are well over £18000.
Arnold Clarke, more like Arnold Shark. Although, are you comparing trade in with retail prices? Sometimes it is easier just to sell, move on.

When the time comes I'll take my car to Stirling to avoid A/C.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I spoke to one of the apparently top men at AC he said would I be interested in selling the car and buying another from them, and they will sell my current car when fixed. I asked due to the inconvenience I've had are they going to help me out with a deal. Yes, he said that's why I mentioned it., so yes go ahead and see what you can do. When he called back the next day to offer me that low figure, I asked where the deal was? His answer was that this is a very competitive price but he couldn't match the other offers I have had. So that was a no thanks, and we move back to Kia now to see what's up next. I still maintain AC are at fault with this and pulling the wool over KIA's eyes
Good ol Arnie Shark. Aye, lowball offer. They need to get it a lot higher. When your car is fixed they will retail it at £20k plus as it is so new.

I hate hassle, so if the offer was acceptable, I would take it and push and push to get the car off my hands and just start afresh - presuming they could arrange a new car quicker than they can get the part in for this one. And that is a big presumption.

An acceptable buy back price is a good direction to push for so long as the price you get is suitable, and the replacement car they get you is imminent and they still provide you with a loaner until it arrives.

You've got a new car, it's off the road for 16 weeks like some old rust bucket restoration shed, because of something they did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I understand the lawyer situation mate, I was just being flippant. It's a hard one to judge as my car is sitting doing nothing and not clocking up my 80-mile daily commute. But saying that it's sitting depreciating in value as well. I'm due a call from AC today or tomorrow, so I will update then.
Couple of things.

1. Your car is depreciating being sat in A/C waiting for a repair - but it would be depreciating on your driveway also.
2. As your car is not driveable - no miles are going on it - so it's depreciating less than it would be if it was functioning at using it. More miles = less value.

The issue isn't this.

It's the length of time for a suitable repair and your issue with the lack of a suitable replacement. They've given you a van, not an equivalent car. Had they given you a car, equivalent to yours this would be an non issue. The repair could take weeks, and you could put the weeks miles and wear and tear onto someone else's car, not your own (the one way the customer wins with this sort of repair).

Because of the delay - you've rightly pushed to reject the car and for a good buy back so you can start anew saving anguish and hassle. The "deal" they've offered you has been poor - so this isn't an option I would say.

My advice would be to push them to provide a more suitable vehicle whilst yours is off the road at this stage. I would cite the running costs of the van vs your car and could they not provide something more suitable or inline with what you bought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good advice mate. I was really just blowing off steam with the post above, I'm just getting a bit angry now with this situation. As to your point about the hire car. KIA keeps reminding me I'm not entitled to one and lucky to have the van. And now a new car salesman from AC has just called me to come in and chat about a new car deal. I told him I'm not buying a new car due to finances, so he then put's me onto a used car salesman. AC have very few KIA's in stock. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, but looking more likely I will have to wait for the part.
A canny dealer would give you a different model, like an Optima, Sportage, Xceed etc to try upsell you a car?

A Van is a bizarre replacement vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know why they keep going back to Kia. This is all on their head. it's their fault that their staff member pulled the plug. Rather than speak to Kia tech who would have advised them what to do.
I suspect the only reason they are supplying a replacement vehicle (not as per Kia warranty) is this is the garages screw up - Arnold Clark bricked the car and the owner was servicing it as per manufacturers schedule at an official agent. Much in the same way if he had taken it to the garage and it fell off the ramp ending up with body damage - they'd have to repair the car and provide a replacement car for them to drive.

All A/C has to really do is take back the van and provide a similar car either off their lot or a rental for the duration and they'll have done their bit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Followed the guide up to the point where it stalled. Then pulled the plug, rather than contacting Kia Tech to see what to do...
As we all know on any updates on computers. Pulling the plug is one thing that can really mess them up.

I hope Kia put some pressure on AC to take over the replacement of the car. As they are clearly at fault. Even to the point of saving either you do or we will pull the franchise. Dealers like this give manufactures a bad name.

But hats off to Acorn Kia who really have gone over & above for something that is not their fault.
Guess who we should buy our cars from and guess who we shouldn't. I'll make a point of avoiding A/C on the back of this thread and head to Stirling with my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts