Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not that I'm an expert by any means, but it does occur to me that a large dealership (in fact any reputable dealership), would be covered for such eventualities when working on customers' property, by a Motor trade insurance policy.

It is clear you have suffered financial loss and inconvenience by AC actions and should be compensated accordingly.

Solicitors letters do have a habit of focussing one's attention, and I believe that if I were in your shoes facing intransigence etc, that I would be seeking advice possibly from Citizens Advice Bureau (are they still called that?) or a commercial solicitor with a view to firing a shot across their bows and formulating a financial claim which they would have to notify to their insurers assuming they have not done so already. This might give you extra leverage as notifiying possible claims does have an affect on premium levels

If that does concentrate minds they might up their offer to avoid going down this route and provide you with a better option than you have at present.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You need a recommendation from within your own local community for a decent commercial lawyer.

An initial meeting should be FOC and that would provide an opportunity to assess whether you have a sound case.

I would earmark an amount to throw at this issue by agreement with the lawyer (say £500) to allow for all the preliminaries in taking you on board as a client and covering the first letter.

I would expect that the first letter would be putting the dealer on notice that you will be holding them responsible for your legal costs.

Or bite your lip, continue with the rented car which isn't costing you, and wait for the fix. At least that way AC are assisting in mitigating your losses.

·
Registered
447 Posts
This saga is unbelievable given that it all stemmed from a botched update by AC mechanic. You would at least have thought they would have the grace to fall on their own sword and do the honourable thing by accepting your rejection!

I hope your solicitor takes them to the cleaners, particularly as the issue has been going on for over a month now!

The message I take from all of this is to deal with independent dealerships rather than the large nationals like AC.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully the saga will come to a satisfactory conclusion shortly!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts