Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Super Moderator
That's the biggest issue I have. Now KIA has said that the software supplied was fine and it's the garage's fault? and Arnold Clark is saying if the software was fine why did it freeze, so KIA'S fault.
This could take a while to sort out. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Not a good start..
AC shot themselves in the foot with.
It was then explained to me that the mechanic doing the work pulled the plug out of the car halfway through the update as it had frozen.
So how did they know it had frozen & not just paused? Did they ring Kia tech to find out what to do? Bet not.

Quite simply their fault.

Sadly Kia are correct Warranty repairs are covered in the T/C that no replacement car is provided (other manufactures are the same) it's down to the dealer.
Same would go for deler errors.
Kia are not liable for any costs that may incur getting to a dealer, supplying a replacement car or as a result of being without the car during warranty repairs.

Super Moderator
@Radiorail.

Agree Op does not want to get involved between dealer & Kia. This is for dealer to sort out their mess. TBH. It's not like AC could not pick another car that for sale and lend to the OP.

This would appear to be dealer error. So any car etc is down to them not Kia.

T/C are Kia's. Not the garage.

Super Moderator
Only thing I can think is push dealer to reject the car. Not sure if it would work. Might be a idea to contact

or if you have legal cover on home/car ins what your options are.

Have a check on Autotrader to see if there is anything like the car you have.

Don't know if this is like yours but it is from AC website

Super Moderator
Kia would have nothing to do with rejection of the car. As that is between A Clark & yourself. As they are the seller of the car. Although you do have to give them one chance to fix the car.

A/C are not doing themselves any favours here. They could easily take the car & get it repaired (their fault anyway) & let you have another car of the value of yours @ purchase price. As they could easily sell yours once repaired for the same amount.

If only these companies realised what good customer service was.

Super Moderator
I don't know why they keep going back to Kia. This is all on their head. it's their fault that their staff member pulled the plug. Rather than speak to Kia tech who would have advised them what to do.

Super Moderator
I really think now is the time to draw a line under this and reject the car. They have had their one chance to fix.

Is there a A/C near where you are that it can be dropped at, then they can either fix or transport it home.

Super Moderator
This is now the second attempt to fix the original problem. I asked KIA to reject the car, but they said no as it's not up to them, and Arnold Clark has also said no as they can fix it. I just don't know what the position is now. I need a car for tomorrow for my work and to AC and KIA this at 15:30 today and non of them have got back to me. So i either run the car 80 miles tomorrow in limp mode or phone into my work where my day's work is already planned out. And as this involves delivering cars on a transporter I don't have an option to really stay off.
Your rejection is against the retailer. Not Manufacture.
They can not refuse not given they have failed to fix the issue.

Don't bother with a solicitor going to cost money...
Template here.

I would not be driving car in limp mode. It only to get you to safety.

Super Moderator
Your right mate. Just need one bit of advice though. I bought the car from Acorn KIA in Crew, and I stay in Glasgow. The problem happened at AC KIA Glasgow where they failed to repair the car the first time. Who do I send the rejection letter to?
Ah... Wish you had said that at the start....
Not sure where this would need to go now.
I would ask Acorn Kia & see what they say. But given the car was messed up by AC. I'm not sure about the whole rejection now.

Super Moderator
Followed the guide up to the point where it stalled. Then pulled the plug, rather than contacting Kia Tech to see what to do...
As we all know on any updates on computers. Pulling the plug is one thing that can really mess them up.

I hope Kia put some pressure on AC to take over the replacement of the car. As they are clearly at fault. Even to the point of saving either you do or we will pull the franchise. Dealers like this give manufactures a bad name.

But hats off to Acorn Kia who really have gone over & above for something that is not their fault.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts