Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
4,106 Posts
It looks like KIA have taken the blame for the bricked ECU unit. Arnold Clark told me today the part is getting supplied under the KIA warranty, so I take it there have concocted a story blaming KIA. I've been onto KIA on there twitter account, but they have now started sending me DM instead of answering my essaged online. There response to my question today.
Hi Graham

Regarding your tweets, Kia UK have taken responsibility for the repair under warranty. The module failed as a result of being updated.

The integrated system assembly is now on back order and on the highest priority order status. We're sorry it can't be shipped sooner, it's one of may parts with production severely impacted by the Slovakian supply chain issues

All we can now do is wait for the part and keep you mobile until your car is repaired.

Kind regards

Kia UK Limited
They say that "all we can do is keep you mobile" - so hold them to their statement!

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
4,106 Posts
Turned into a nightmare mate. I now haven't had a car since March and have to beg and borrow a car to get to my work 25 miles away.
I sincerely hope that when you win your case you get very substantial damages to help soften the blow of all the aggro you've had. Keep on truckin.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts