Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have to ask..... is no-one buying the 2020 Soul in the UK?

I've had my 2020 Soul LX now for about six weeks, and I'm almost ready for my first oil change.
It's a great little car, and I hope to be able to drive it at least till I get it paid off.

Technomage :smile:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Sad555 is correct - The UK will only get the 2020 KIA Soul EV (No other versions of the car will be sold) - I have already placed an order for one in Blue, due for delivery Q1 2020

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I traded my 2013 Base model (petrol) 1.6L for a 2020 LX, (base model) 2.0L and IVT (Intelligent Variable Transmission) and it was a huge step UP!

I can't even imagine why Kia is not shipping to the UK. ???

Distances are so great here in the USA, that an EV is just not practical. Cute, but not practical.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
EV's aren't all that practical in the UK either, unless as city runabouts.
We have a strange infrastructure with charging points away from home, that are provided by i think 3 different companies, all with different charging policies.
Range is an issue, as is maintenance of the charge points, irritating if you go to one and then find it out of service and no range to get to another.
Government policy hasn't helped, the subsidy has been reduced or withdrawn and there is a considerable price hike between normal engines and electric.

Without better battery range, and points above resolved, the EV market here is struggling.

·
Registered
516 Posts
EV's aren't all that practical in the UK either, unless as city runabouts.
We have a strange infrastructure with charging points away from home, that are provided by i think 3 different companies, all with different charging policies.
Range is an issue, as is maintenance of the charge points, irritating if you go to one and then find it out of service and no range to get to another.
Government policy hasn't helped, the subsidy has been reduced or withdrawn and there is a considerable price hike between normal engines and electric.

Without better battery range, and points above resolved, the EV market here is struggling.
Nonsense! With planning and a little research there's very few places you can't drive the early Soul EV to. The 2020 will have over double the range so will be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
A few years ago, I learned that it's easy to hire a bike from any of lots of locations across Lyon. Never having hired a bike before, I gave no thought to the process of returning the bike but when I wanted to park up and carry on sightseeing on foot, I discovered that it can be problematic if the nearest location is already full and the next nearest too…..I got lucky at the fourth location.

It seems that here in the UK, the infrastructure right at this moment falls very short of supporting the number of electric cars already on our roads. It's one thing to charge up at home if you are lucky enough to have a driveway or garage with a suitable charger but to drive any real distances can result in a situation not dissimilar to that experience with a hire bike I had in France.

I shan't be going electric any time soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts