Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just joined.
Have new Soul supposedly being delivered in about 2 weeks - although I guess with what's going on in Korea at the moment there could just be some last minute delays. (Have to be "philosophical"!)
I realise it's incredibly early for this - but has anyone got any links to an official Options List for the new Soul?
If not, can we keep this thread open and notify one another if and when something turn up.
In the meantime, to all others waiting for their Souls (sounds Biblical), hope you enjoy your new car - and I'd be interested in sharing experiences.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi just took delivery of my new e soul last week all the early ones are first editions with no options but lots of kit as standard, there are a few assessories but limited.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done CJ. Mine should now be arriving the first week in April - if, that is, we are not so tightly locked-down by then that nothing can move!

I understand that the equipment is pretty comprehensive but (as an enthusiastic newbie) thought there might just be something I could waste my money on. Not a big deal.

As you've now got yours, can I ask a supplemental question - has it arrived on the Nexen tyres? I am not convinced about Nexens on other cars, and am thinking of changing to Goodyear 4 Seasons. Your experience in the wet would be useful to know about in due course.

I'll post any developments with my Soul (that does sound strange!), as and when there are any to report.

Thanks for posting - and enjoy your new car.

·
Super Moderator
2,597 Posts
Just remember that on EV's that low rolling resistance tyres are fitted to help with the range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just remember that on EV's that low rolling resistance tyres are fitted to help with the range.
Good point - although the fact that the Nexens are half the replacement price of all season Goodyears, Continentals and Michelins in the same size (and are made by a South Korean company) might also be attractive to Kia?

I'll give the Nexens the benefit of the doubt, but note that reviews suggest the torque of the motor in the Soul breaks the Nexens' traction - which isn't a good sign. Mind you, it might be the same with more expensive tyres as well.

(Sorry, about all of that - I'm a bit of a tyre nerd!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well done CJ. Mine should now be arriving the first week in April - if, that is, we are not so tightly locked-down by then that nothing can move!

I understand that the equipment is pretty comprehensive but (as an enthusiastic newbie) thought there might just be something I could waste my money on. Not a big deal.

As you've now got yours, can I ask a supplemental question - has it arrived on the Nexen tyres? I am not convinced about Nexens on other cars, and am thinking of changing to Goodyear 4 Seasons. Your experience in the wet would be useful to know about in due course.

I'll post any developments with my Soul (that does sound strange!), as and when there are any to report.

Thanks for posting - and enjoy your new car.
Hi Philosopher yes it has Nexen tyres, VW also fits Nexen as standard so expect them to be good and the Skoda Kodiaq i had for the last 3 years had them with no problems in all weathers. I was enjoying the car but now we are on lockdown so I'm reading the manual I'ts a hefty tome and will take days to digest. By for now and stay safe. CJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Philosopher yes it has Nexen tyres, VW also fits Nexen as standard so expect them to be good and the Skoda Kodiaq i had for the last 3 years had them with no problems in all weathers. I was enjoying the car but now we are on lockdown so I'm reading the manual I'ts a hefty tome and will take days to digest. By for now and stay safe. CJ
Thanks - I'll give the Nexens a go.

My optimism about seeing my new Soul in a couple of weeks has just gone up in smoke with the lock-down. No problem though, it's not a big issue.

Stay safe and enjoy the Owner's Manual!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts