Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Sorento HEV4 1.6 Hybrid AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be several questions on the forum about MPG for the Sorento. My 2020 4th generation HEV 1.6 level 4 hybrid is returning over 50 mpg. See picture. It was on a 32 mile return trip along A and B roads, no motorways. I hope this gives some idea of its fuel consumption for those who are interested. It has even surprised me!

Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design

Super Moderator
What is the average on the mileage since you got the car?
As trip mileage has a lot of variables. Most people are looking at what the overall average.
eg, My Stonic at one point had a trip mpg of 70 mpg (20 ish miles), but over its 18K, average was only 40 ish.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At first it was averaging around 38 mpg but that has gradually improved over time. It is now averaging around 44 mpg which includes a lot of short trips. Pretty good for such a large car. In town it seems to drive on its battery only quite a lot.

Registered

I have a HEV 2 and this is the average MPG over 5k from new, it is getting better with age, also I think the smaller wheel size help economy (and ride) but not looks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

I have a HEV 2 and this is the average MPG over 5k from new, it is getting better with age, also I think the smaller wheel size help economy (and ride) but not looks so much

I doubt that wheel size makes any difference to MPG, as bigger wheels just have lower profile tyre's. So overall diameter will be about the same. Ride wise should be a bit better (y) .

Not bad for such a big car
As weather gets warmer, so MPG will get better. As will longer runs help.

Registered
What colours have present owners gone for? I really like the look of the Mineral Blue and the Essence brown and am trying to decide between them both. I can see Mineral blue in our local dealer but I haven't been able to see the brown.

I think the consumption figures people are getting are excellent. I am going to be changing my 50tdi Q7 for a Sorento and the petrol Q7 that the dealer was wanting to sell me averages around 22-25 mpg! My present diesel gets around 34 mpg long term. I like the drive of the HEV with its ev shove at low speeds and am looking forward to evenbtually

Registered
I doubt that wheel size makes any difference to MPG, as bigger wheels just have lower profile tyre's. So overall diameter will be about the same. Ride wise should be a bit better (y) .

Yeah the mpg is really reasonable. I say the rim size makes a difference to economy, as that is how Kia have explained the improved economy between the different levels of trim with the same engine.

Registered
I believe it depends on the tyre width/thickness, so if the larger diameter tyre is also wider then will be more friction so worse fuel economy. Although overall i think it'll be on the margins and not necessarily a concern.
I was impressed with the smoothness and quietness of the hybrid at low speeds and when not accelerating hard.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There seems to be several questions on the forum about MPG for the Sorento. My 2020 4th generation HEV 1.6 level 4 hybrid is returning over 50 mpg. See picture. It was on a 32 mile return trip along A and B roads, no motorways. I hope this gives some idea of its fuel consumption for those who are interested. It has even surprised me!

View attachment 9925
Not sure about the discussions regarding wheel size affecting mpg. My car has 19" wheels.

Registered
Sorento 3 HEV midnight black
My HEV 3 has settled at approx 53mpg around town then down to 43mpg when on the motorway. I rarely go above 80mph too even over taking. Brilliant on the motorway too it practically drives itself!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.