Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Sorento HEV4 1.6 Hybrid AWD
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be several questions on the forum about MPG for the Sorento. My 2020 4th generation HEV 1.6 level 4 hybrid is returning over 50 mpg. See picture. It was on a 32 mile return trip along A and B roads, no motorways. I hope this gives some idea of its fuel consumption for those who are interested. It has even surprised me!

20210401_140047.jpg

Super Moderator
What is the average on the mileage since you got the car?
As trip mileage has a lot of variables. Most people are looking at what the overall average.
eg, My Stonic at one point had a trip mpg of 70 mpg (20 ish miles), but over its 18K, average was only 40 ish.

Registered
Sorento HEV4 1.6 Hybrid AWD
Discussion Starter #3
At first it was averaging around 38 mpg but that has gradually improved over time. It is now averaging around 44 mpg which includes a lot of short trips. Pretty good for such a large car. In town it seems to drive on its battery only quite a lot.

Registered

I have a HEV 2 and this is the average MPG over 5k from new, it is getting better with age, also I think the smaller wheel size help economy (and ride) but not looks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

I have a HEV 2 and this is the average MPG over 5k from new, it is getting better with age, also I think the smaller wheel size help economy (and ride) but not looks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I doubt that wheel size makes any difference to MPG, as bigger wheels just have lower profile tyre's. So overall diameter will be about the same. Ride wise should be a bit better (y) .

Not bad for such a big car
As weather gets warmer, so MPG will get better. As will longer runs help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts