Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Niro HEV with a tow bar and wiring system fitted by the supplying dealer.

Due to a problem today with one of the caravan indicators not working It appears that there is no internal sound or dash warning that this is happening, dispite this being a legal requirement. Has this been missed or has the dealer not completed the wiring correctly?

Allegedly mine was the first current Niro fitted with the towing electrics and was overseen by a Kia Technical manager.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And still no answer!

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
You should find that if an indicator lamp on the caravan or trailer fails the direction lamp on the dash should flash at double speed, just the same as if one on the vehicle has failed. This has met regulations for years.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
A thought.
Are the caravan's indicators LED?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should find that if an indicator lamp on the caravan or trailer fails the direction lamp on the dash should flash at double speed, just the same as if one on the vehicle has failed. This has met regulations for years.
And that is exactly what doesn't happen.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A thought.
Are the caravan's indicators LED?
No, as I knew that having LEDs wouldn't work with my last car which had a bulb failure system

Reactions: iooi
1 - 6 of 6 Posts