Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 19 plate kia picanto x-line s and android auto isn't working - after 30 seconds or perhaps 15 minutes I get 'phone not responsive' on the infotainment display and it acts as though it's not connected to the phone anymore, despite the phone continuing to act as though it is. one forum suggested updating the firmware, but I can't get hold of the updater tool as it seems we're all waiting on the updater tool's 'GRAND OPENING'. this is incredibly frustrating - can anyone that managed to download it upload any prior version to a cloud storage site and share?

·
Super Moderator
2,945 Posts
Hi.
I've moved this to a thread on it's own as it's a different issue.
TBH. I think this is not going to be a head unit issue. As Daughter has a GT-S same age and it's run fine from pickup.

More often than not it's a cable issue. Have you tried more than 1 cable?
Need more details on phone and software versions running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Samsung S10 running latest OS with the factory cable that has never demonstrated issues before. I ruled phone issues out before coming here, I'd really just like to access the latest, or even prior firmware update as the only evidence I found of this issue on another site was rectified by updating the head unit.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Samsung S10 running latest OS with the factory cable that has never demonstrated issues before. I ruled phone issues out before coming here, I'd really just like to access the latest, or even prior firmware update as the only evidence I found of this issue on another site was rectified by updating the head unit.
Could be a result of some battery saving setting dropping background services. Off hand I cant remember what setting but I'm sure there is an Android setting to exclude certain APPs from battery optimisation. You may also like to check the BT optimisation as I was under the impression that, even with a cable, AA still used BT for audio services - but this may have been an older version.

There is also an Android setting to allow APPs to Display over other APPs which may be relevant.

·
Super Moderator
2,945 Posts
Can we take it that it has been working fine, but is now not?

Battery saver being set on is a known to cause issues with AA.
Phone not had any updates, since the issue started?

If you want to get head unit updated then you are going to have to visit a Kia dealer & pay £40 for map upgrade and anything else that is in the upgrade.
But check with dealer if there are any unit upgrades & not just a mapping update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only just got the car, I'll try battery optimisation, this is a good suggestion, thanks. Otherwise I'm certain a firmware update is within my capabilities and I just need access to the update file, the only reason I don't already have it is due to the 'grand opening' on the Kia navigation updater website. I'm certain people have versions they have downloaded prior to this blocker that they could stick on cloud storage but nobody seems to be considering this.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Only just got the car, I'll try battery optimisation, this is a good suggestion, thanks. Otherwise I'm certain a firmware update is within my capabilities and I just need access to the update file, the only reason I don't already have it is due to the 'grand opening' on the Kia navigation updater website. I'm certain people have versions they have downloaded prior to this blocker that they could stick on cloud storage but nobody seems to be considering this.
If you update to the new software for your head unit your old maps won't work so you need to update the maps too

·
Registered
571 Posts
Link deleted. As unofficial software against forum rules. try this forum for software & maps

iooi

·
Super Moderator
2,945 Posts
just need access to the update file, the only reason I don't already have it is due to the 'grand opening' on the Kia navigation updater website.
That site is not for UK users. This has already been confirmed by KCS.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Clicking on this link immediately led to my antivirus reacting to delete a virus YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
It works for me & where i downloaded the software the OP wants

1 - 12 of 12 Posts