No SD slot here
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Map updates in the UK are done by your Kia dealer. The update is free but there is a labour charge of £40 for doing the update. Kia will not sell you a SD card with the update on, for the minimal cost its better letting the dealer does it then if anything goes wrong with the update the cost of replacing the head unit is down to the dealer. There are reports on the internet of people getting hold of map updates on SD cards/usb sticks from the likes of ebay and then end up bricking the unit. Kia will not fix the unit under warranty and you could end up with a £2000 bill for a new head unit. Best leave it for your dealer to do.I'd quite like to update the maps on our 2017 Sportage... do I need to order a memory card or is it best to ask for this to be done at a Kia dealer?
I've just updated the maps on my 2015 Volvo. This was a free download from the Volvo UK website onto a USB stick and then onto the car. Why can't all updates be like this?
Good morning KCS,Hi all and thanks for your patience.
Kia UK are delighted to announce the release of the latest map and software updates for all factory fitted head units. All generations of head unit continue to require update installation at a dealer and all updates are available now.
A few points of interest:
Want to know what your latest versions will be? Please see our table below. To avoid confusion, we're referencing by 2019 version numbers and not which model you're driving. This is because some longer running ranges can be fitted with any one of up to five generations of head unit. 'xx' is replaced by your model code.
- The RRP is £40 including VAT. This is to be retained by your dealer for their workshop time. The increase brings the procedure more in line with labour rates across the network as historically, the charge has been significantly less than the equivalent labour value.
- Software updates will provide (when available) enhancements to items such as Bluetooth compatibility along with bug fixes.
- Following the update, you may note both improvements and differences in the functionality and menu options. This year, significant changes have been made on later platforms - please be aware that once updated, it can't be reversed.
- There are no retrospective updates for the Android Auto or Apple CarPlay apps above those models already made compatible in 2017.
- We recommend you check your system info screen before and after the procedure to confirm the changes.
View attachment 7381
Hi DaveGood morning KCS,
A couple of weeks ago I had the mapping updated in my 18-plate Niro 4 HEV. Can you advise me whether there is an online "user manual" available for the latest update? There are numerous changes but nowhere can I find a reference document that I can refer to to take advantage of them.
Many thanks in anticipation...
Hi KCS,Hi Dave
Sorry, only the latest telematics touchscreen has a web manual. If you have a function that you're struggling with, please PM us with the reg and describing what has changed.
may want to wait, there is a new version due out shortly, some regions already have it, so shouldn't be longI have a provisional appointment next week for my maps to be updated. But I was told it would probably be cancelled. They are having problems with the latest update and been told not to do any updates until a new version comes through.
We'd first recommend waiting for the 2021 updates which are due in the next few weeks. We can then establish how the address finder has changed and how any issues can be reported back.Hi KCS,
Supplementary question the latest Nav version seems to have a number of UK Post Codes (at least 5 that I have tried) missing - how do we get these advised to the Map Editors?
BTW they do get presented on the Here We Go Android map APP.