Kia Owners Club Forum banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,686 Posts
Good evening everyone , I have had update today , I understand maps are latest but is the software , I can't find a 2021 thread , mines a older unit on 2016 sportage
The information below is for the 2021 maps. Kia Customer Services have not started a 2021 thread The 4th Gen issue was resolved late April. Your image suggests yours is now up to date.
2021 map updates are now ready for all platforms EXCEPT THE 4TH GENERATION. If your 2020 versions are those circled below, the 2021 versions for your platform are undergoing further testing. Thanks for your patience.
If you're unsure which platform your car has, please PM us with the reg.

View attachment 10152

KCS

·
Registered
643 Posts
Good evening everyone , I have had update today , I understand maps are latest but is the software , I can't find a 2021 thread , mines a older unit on 2016 sportage View attachment 10714
You cannot just update the maps without upgraded software they work in tandem (y)

Reactions: deanos

·
Super Moderator
4,968 Posts
Good evening everyone , I have had update today , I understand maps are latest but is the software , I can't find a 2021 thread , mines a older unit on 2016 sportage
There isn't one as yet.

If the maps are updated it should/will include any software updates.
Mine certainly did, as I now get the scrolling 1/3 in Android Auto & Magenta (purple) type 2 software.

Reactions: deanos

·
Super Moderator
4,968 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
As @deanos has a older unit on 2016 sportage it might be one that does not have Android Or Apple avaiable.
My last car was a 2015 Soul Maxx and that had it and it's surprising the number of people who don't know about that setting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all and thanks for your patience.

Kia UK are delighted to announce the release of the latest map and software updates for all factory fitted head units. All generations of head unit continue to require update installation at a dealer and all updates are available now.

A few points of interest:

• The RRP is £40 including VAT. This is to be retained by your dealer for their workshop time. The increase brings the procedure more in line with labour rates across the network as historically, the charge has been significantly less than the equivalent labour value.
  • Software updates will provide (when available) enhancements to items such as Bluetooth compatibility along with bug fixes.
  • Following the update, you may note both improvements and differences in the functionality and menu options. This year, significant changes have been made on later platforms - please be aware that once updated, it can't be reversed.
  • There are no retrospective updates for the Android Auto or Apple CarPlay apps above those models already made compatible in 2017.
  • We recommend you check your system info screen before and after the procedure to confirm the changes.
Want to know what your latest versions will be? Please see our table below. To avoid confusion, we're referencing by 2019 version numbers and not which model you're driving. This is because some longer running ranges can be fitted with any one of up to five generations of head unit. 'xx' is replaced by your model code.

View attachment 7381
Got to say I was deeply disappointed with the upgrade I paid for in April of this year the maps are at least 4years out of date and I regularly get taken to the wrong place. That alongside Bluetooth issues ( it only allows one phone to be connected/programmed) and sound problems mean I’ll,be looking to replace my unit with something else

·
Super Moderator
4,968 Posts
Got to say I was deeply disappointed with the upgrade I paid for in April of this year the maps are at least 4years out of date and I regularly get taken to the wrong place. That alongside Bluetooth issues ( it only allows one phone to be connected/programmed) and sound problems mean I’ll,be looking to replace my unit with something else
Where do you live & what version is installed?
What car do you have? As not all head units allow more than one phone to be connected. The issue could be is the bluetooth hardware in the head unit which will have been current at the time, but no longer is due to constant upgrades.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts