Kia Owners Club Forum banner

221 - 240 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Here are a few pictures

The DAB radio display is slightly different. The scanning for channels has changed and selecting favourites is at first not obvious. When you've scanned for channels in the list on the left of the station is a star. Touch the star and it goes red and added to favourites.

You have a choice of map colours

Also car curser colours.

There is a new pop out menu. Most of it is common sense. I don't know what the greyed out section under traffic is. Possibly the way it's displayed but has always been greyed.

One thing I find annoying is on the bottom right is a button which says " Stop Guidance". In fact it only pauses it. If You want to stop it you have to go digging through a couple of menus to actually cancel it. Very unfriendly.
I think it would be helpful for maybe Kia to have just a downloadable sheet to explain the new things.

·
Registered
Kia Xceed
12 Posts
Android Auto has only ever been on 2/3 of the 10.25 screen. What the latest update should give you is the option to scroll the last 3rd to get something other than the default name screen.
Apple Car Play is full screen and has been for a long time.
Apple Car Play was full screen but with the latest update is now only 2/3 of the screen unless someone can tell me how to change it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Here are a few pictures
View attachment 10595
The DAB radio display is slightly different. The scanning for channels has changed and selecting favourites is at first not obvious. When you've scanned for channels in the list on the left of the station is a star. Touch the star and it goes red and added to favourites.
View attachment 10596
You have a choice of map colours
View attachment 10597
Also car curser colours.
View attachment 10600
There is a new pop out menu. Most of it is common sense. I don't know what the greyed out section under traffic is. Possibly the way it's displayed but has always been greyed.
View attachment 10599
One thing I find annoying is on the bottom right is a button which says " Stop Guidance". In fact it only pauses it. If You want to stop it you have to go digging through a couple of menus to actually cancel it. Very unfriendly.
I think it would be helpful for maybe Kia to have just a downloadable sheet to explain the new things.
Thank you for this. I read somewhere that UI was getting an overhaul in this update but from the pics it doesn’t look that much different.

·
Registered
579 Posts
@Chrispy1 great photo's ;) On the Stop Guidance press and hold the icon for more than three seconds and it should clear the route.
Thanks for that tip.
Do you have problem with the map display? I set it to the 3D display but next time I start the car up it reverts to the 2D heading up display. I've tried setting it from the satnav display and the setting and makes no difference.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,686 Posts
Thanks for that tip.
Do you have problem with the map display? I set it to the 3D display but next time I start the car up it reverts to the 2D heading up display. I've tried setting it from the satnav display and the setting and makes no difference.
I've set mine for the 3D display and it is always the same when we use the car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks for that tip.
Had the same issue with my 2020 model Sportage around 3 weeks ago after having the maps updated to the latest version. Display would default back to 2D on restarting the engine, frustrating as like you I prefer the 3D map version. Ended up resetting the head unit, be aware you will lose all settings and stored information, but resolved the issue and now opens up in 3D mode. Hope this works for you as it frustrated me.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Had the same issue with my 2020 model Sportage around 3 weeks ago after having the maps updated to the latest version. Display would default back to 2D on restarting the engine, frustrating as like you I prefer the 3D map version. Ended up resetting the head unit, be aware you will lose all settings and stored information, but resolved the issue and now opens up in 3D mode. Hope this works for you as it frustrated me.
Tried it. Just the same🤬

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,686 Posts
Tried it. Just the same🤬
There are two options for a reset, the first is what I would call a soft reset as is done by pressing something into the pin hole next to the volume control. That does a reset, but keeps your personal settings and data. The other is the a Factory Reset, which should take it back how it left the factory and you lose all your personal data/settings. Which reset did you try?

·
Registered
579 Posts
There are two options for a reset, the first is what I would call a soft reset as is done by pressing something into the pin hole next to the volume control. That does a reset, but keeps your personal settings and data. The other is the a Factory Reset, which should take it back how it left the factory and you lose all your personal data/settings. Which reset did you try?
I've done both.
Neither worked.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Oh dear, sounds like the head unit has a bug of some sort.
Has luck would have it my local dealer phoned me up. Their normal check after your cars been in. So I explained what's happening and they'll be getting back to me.
I was also told there is going to be another update in a couple of weeks. There coming thick and fast this year.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good evening everyone , I have had update today , I understand maps are latest but is the software , I can't find a 2021 thread , mines a older unit on 2016 sportage

221 - 240 of 254 Posts