Kia Owners Club Forum banner

201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
looks like these are the changes

I found similar screenshot on a Russian site, but I can't find it.
if you scroll down, you'll see it's only for gen4, gen 5, gen 5W etc
not many changes, but some useful ones :geek:
Thank you for this, it seems it might be US I don’t know as one of the updates mentions US but hopefully this is the update that we will get in the U.K.
now, would I have gen 4 or 5? I’m hoping gen 5 as according to that, the gen 5 will get a better looking GUI. Apparently SoundHound Voice recognition as well which allows more voice commands apparently but again not sure if that will be for the U.K. market or not.
I have the 8 inch screen in a 2019 Sportage. Would that be gen 4 or 5?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Have a word with the dealership. Asking why the maps were updated 31/03 when they would have known that 2021 maps would be out soon.
Might do the update for free.
I take it that you had to pay £40 for the update on 31/03?

Have you had the maps updated each year since you had the car?
I have spoken to my dealer on more than one occasion and promised a call back but so far hadn't had one the latest being Wednesday when I took my Optima in for an MOT and they told me they still only have the 2020 12. update and was promised a call back yesterday but so far haven't had one.:(

·
Super Moderator
4,968 Posts
iooi, thanks partly agree, however KIA, as the manufacturer have the responsibility to ensure that what they offer is fit for purpose and well as it says on the side of the tin. I can without a fight get a disc copy for the cost of an upgrade to £20 more next day delivery, simply pull out the old SD card and insert the new one, don't need to book a slot wait around or drive a 40mile round trip and take time off work just to achieve a goal. KIA-2021 they are a JOKE.
What is not fit for purpose? Sat nav works, even when not updated. Many people never update the maps and still get around without problems.
Kia are not alone in having dealer updates.

Most of us just get any updates done at service time, so there is no wasted trips.

If you want to update yourself for less then feel free to do so. Just do not expect Kia to pick up the cost if it fails.

·
Super Moderator
4,968 Posts
I have spoken to my dealer on more than one occasion and promised a call back but so far hadn't had one the latest being Wednesday when I took my Optima in for an MOT and they told me they still only have the 2020 12. update and was promised a call back yesterday but so far haven't had one.:(
Same as my dealer, when I rang to book. The lady did not know if they had the new maps. Advised her that Kia had released them earlier this year and new ones show as EUR.13.

. Our dealers could only proceed with 2021 updates on some platforms from the 20th April.
Not good when you know more than the staff at dealers.

Reactions: ooorya

·
Registered
579 Posts
Had my satnav/ software updated today. I was booked in for 8:30. I was book to wait. At 11:00 I was still there. It had only reached 25%. I went home and it was delivered to me in the afternoon. People wonder why you pay £40, it's for things like that. If you were doing it yourself and it was taking that long you would have started panicking possibly even stopping it and you could have damaged the unit. I had a bit of a wait and the car was washed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Had my satnav/ software updated today. I was booked in for 8:30. I was book to wait. At 11:00 I was still there. It had only reached 25%. I went home and it was delivered to me in the afternoon. People wonder why you pay £40, it's for things like that. If you were doing it yourself and it was taking that long you would have started panicking possibly even stopping it and you could have damaged the unit. I had a bit of a wait and the car was washed.
Yes but did you get the 2021 update?

·
Super Moderator
4,968 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Any major changes you’ve noticed over last years update?

·
Registered
521 Posts
So are there any differences to the maps ,general appearance and layout and any new features.????????

·
Registered
Kia Xceed
12 Posts
Guess you won't be going back to complain then!😅
No, but I am struggling a bit with all the changes. I can only get Google maps on 2/3 of the screen using Apple Car Play, before I could get it on the whole screen. Any idea if this can still be done?

·
Super Moderator
4,968 Posts
No, but I am struggling a bit with all the changes. I can only get Google maps on 2/3 of the screen using Apple Car Play, before I could get it on the whole screen. Any idea if this can still be done?
Android Auto has only ever been on 2/3 of the 10.25 screen. What the latest update should give you is the option to scroll the last 3rd to get something other than the default name screen.
Apple Car Play is full screen and has been for a long time.

201 - 220 of 254 Posts