Kia Owners Club Forum banner

2020 (70) Kia Picanto 1.0 2 5dr Auto [4 seats]

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  GarethR 
#1 ·
2020 (70) Kia Picanto1.0 2 5dr Auto [4 seats] - does it have seat adjustment and tilting steering?

#5 ·
I'd expect it to. When the JA came out in 2017 a lot didn't have a height adjustable seat & indeed the "2" wasn't supposed to have it as per the brochure. However we bought our "2" auto' new in 2017 (it's on a 17 plate) & it came with a height adjustable drivers seat as I think KIA moved to it being standard spec' however initially it was just the luck of the draw some got it some didn't, the "3" always had it.
I'd expect that now all 2's have it.. unless of course KIA have changed the spec' - best speak to your dealer/KIA to confirm.
As to a tilt adjustable wheel, if it's UK spec' it should have that.

#6 ·
In August 2019 we were looking at getting the uncle to purchase a Picanto to replace his aging Fiesta. The chosen spec was the very cheapest, the 1 litre "1". At the time it was really good value with the £2000 scrapage, his Fiesta was worth about £400 tops.

The "1" had height adjustable drivers seat and a tilting steering wheel. Unfortunately for the uncle it did not adjust high enough, he could not see over the dash with it as high as possible, he's only about 4'9" tall.

Unless they have down specced the cars, very unlikely since its been the rule to add more at every new model year the "2" must have those features.

All the info will be on Kia Cars UK site, Google is your friend, simply type in the words.

#7 ·
I agree generally manufactures don't down spec year on year quite the opposite normally and it might not effect the seat and steering wheel adjustment from what I saw, but the Picanto MY21 has lost the middle seat/seat belt/headrest (on all bar the x-line) the reversing sensors from the GT line (not available even as an added option) and the sports pedals, the S loses it's sun roof, the 1,2,3 lose the 1.25 engine option and does not have the turbo option (so limited to the 1.0 n/a engine @ 66hp (from the 84hp 1.25) so you appear to get a lot less for circa £900 more.

#8 ·
Just googled Kia Motors UK. The first hit on the list was our local VW dealer, what good was that.

Clicked on the Kia link and all I got was the new logo and a big photo of a Niro wanting to sell me one. Had to search for the Picanto.

Bring back the old site.

The "2" has got height adjust seat and tilt wheel so the OP should be happy. But the "1" has lost the height adjust seat since we looked, so much for my theory about things getting better.

The real shocker is the price. When we looked it as £9995 less the £2000 scrapage, at £7995 it was a bargain (well it would have been in the uncle could have driven it). Now its £10995 and no scrapage, £3000 more in 16 months. Well £2600 actually since I guess WBAC would still give him £400 for the Fiesta (if they were blind).

Not a bad increase in that short time. Guess we should thank the Brexiteers.

#9 · (Edited)
The EU drive the increase in emissions regulation and control which has been the biggest effect I would say on the price, and possibly the removal of the centre seat and definitely the death of the 1.25 engine for the EU/UK market, money appears to have been spent on changes to the injection system bar a plastic bumper change. They have gone up year on year, prior to this year, but it was £500 in 2020 and £260 for 2021 ish, You can still get the £1000 contribution to finance then pay it off so you don't pay interest, here (Isle of Man) we never got the £2000 scrappage or the £1000 finance) just the full rrp unless you can wrangle a tiny deal, we were offered a paint upgrade (£500 ish) The VED rate has gone up for most of the range too, so I'm not sure what effect Brexit has had on the price. Being a manufacturer from outside of the EU KIA already struck a tariff free deal in the case of a "No deal" Aus and other markets still get 5 seats (a spare wheel as std strangely enough) dark tint windows and the 1.25 engine as they are not strapped with EU regulations. With the "NEW" agreement cars from the EU will not go up due to leaving, stuff from outside of the EU to here will still have to pay a tariff for now, that tariff would have come off such as the 8% tariff on American cars and the one on American spares and goods. It's all a minefield one way or an other. have fun.

#10 ·
Kia Scrappage Scheme on the Picanto is still running

Make the Kia 7 Year Switch. The Kia Scrappage Scheme
Trade in your old car and get £2,000 off a brand new Kia Picanto.

And as if that wasn’t enough, you can also get 4.9% APR Representative low rate finance with the Scrappage scheme.

Switch from having no warranty at all to enjoying Kia's remarkable 7 Year Warranty. That's seven years of worry free driving.

Do you work for the NHS? As a thank you for all of your hard work on the front line through the Covid-19 pandemic, NHS workers are now eligible to get their first 2 services free when bu (2) 2020 (70) Kia Picanto 1.0 2 5dr Auto [4 seats] | Kia Owners Club Forum ying a new Kia. Find out more here.

REQUEST A TEST DRIVE

Terms and conditions
Scrappage saving of £2,000 (incl. VAT) on New Picanto and New Rio, and £2,500 (incl. VAT) on New Stonic, Sportage, Niro Self-Charging Hybrid and Niro Plug-In Hybrid. Offer available on purchase of a new Picanto, Rio, Stonic, Sportage, Niro Self-Charging Hybrid or Niro Plug-In Hybrid in the United Kingdom between 01.01.2021 and 31.03.2021. Private customers only, excluding Personal Contract Hire. This offer is conditional on the scrappage of a car or van, of any make, in good working order, not identified as an insurance write off category A or B, originally registered on or before 31.03.2014, and owned by the customer for at least three months. The scrappage saving is in lieu of all other offers. Only one scrappage payment can be claimed for each vehicle scrapped. Kia reserves the right to amend or withdraw offers at any time without prior notice. 7 year / 100,000 mile manufacturer’s warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.