Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what mpg can i expect out of this car, driving very conserative.

·
Registered
552 Posts
what mpg can i expect out of this car, driving very conserative.
I have this engine and I average around 30mpg. I would also add that is also driving very economically. It’s a big, heavy car and a powerful engine so think this is actually quite a good return.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the exact same model 2017 registration. Driving carefully & using the brim to brim method to calculate, my overall average is 35.74mpg using records from the last 2.5 years. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Short runs - 3 to 5 miles in traffic - about 25mpg. Longer open road/motorway runs 33- 35 ish. Driving my last Audi A3 I was archiving 44 - 47 mpg. As said above it's a big (relative) heavy AWD car. If your main concern is fuel consumption then this is not the car for you. That said there's a lot to like about the Sportage!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Depends on your journeys. It will top 40mpg on the motorway if running at a steady 70mph.
Or you'll see low to mid 20s in town or anywhere that requires erratic acceleration.

Though TBH, you have bought a heavy SUV with the thirstiest engine, if fuel economy is your concern, you've bought the wrong car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
never seen 40 plus in 12 months of driving cant manage more the 32 with cruise control set at 70 but still like the car i must say

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had around 36-37 on long runs with just me in it lol.

Did a little journey earlier with the wife, just under 15 miles and reading stated 32.8.

Long term trip computer is reading around 27.7 mpg I believe.

I have a really long drive planned soon (all being well) and will see what it returns on that one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeah the times I've seen 40 have been on mega long distance - I.e. Hampshire to Scotland.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the times I've seen 40 have been on mega long distance - I.e. Hampshire to Scotland.
Im hoping it will go up more when i get more milage on it, only done 4759 miles. Showing 26.7 on 3 mile trips to the village.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Im hoping it will go up more when i get more milage on it, only done 4759 miles. Showing 26.7 on 3 mile trips to the village.
That's not bad, given it will not have even got the engine warm...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts