Kia Owners Club Forum banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Is that software version installed by yourself or is it an official install by Kia?
It is KIA's material which I downloaded from a 'Torrent' site and is a further update to the one released by KIA in early 2019. I no longer have the downloaded files to hand but I'm pretty sure this second update of 2019 was dated in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

My head unit was already equipped with the first 2019 update which was also downloaded from the same 'Torrent' site and that matched the edition your head unit is running at the moment. Why it takes so long for KIA UK to equip their dealers with the latest software and mapping for our cars, I have no idea but if thieves can get their hands on the material and disseminate it on the web before the KIA dealers have it suggests that KIA need to tighten up on their security at all levels with input and/or custody of such material.

I might add that, thus far, I can't say that I have noticed any perceptible changes from the previous update. Presumably, there must be some alterations otherwise, why would KIA bother?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have kia ceed III 10/2019 gt line... But i don't have navigation... And adroid car is not good for me...
Do you have software for my car and maps also?
Thank you

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbie when it come to the Satnav on my Sportage!. I`m picking up when looking through the posts, that in order to upgrade the maps & firmware on my 2014 Kia Sportage, I have to choose the 2019 Gen1x files (is this correct?) I will ask my son to download them as he is more tech savvy than me & put them on a USB drive as I don`t have an SD card in the car for doing this.

I have attached the current info on my Satnav, seemingly well out of date!! :rolleyes:

Thanks very much in advance for any help & tips you can give me before I start .....

Al

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbie when it come to the Satnav on my Sportage!. I`m picking up when looking through the posts, that in order to upgrade the maps & firmware on my 2014 Kia Sportage, I have to choose the 2019 Gen1x files (is this correct?) I will ask my son to download them as he is more tech savvy than me & put them on a USB drive as I don`t have an SD card in the car for doing this.

I have attached the current info on my Satnav, seemingly well out of date!! :rolleyes:

Thanks very much in advance for any help & tips you can give me before I start .....

Al
Info on identifying your vehicle Gen and instructions on update are contained in attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Ivjohn & thanks for the comprehensive attachment! :)(y)

It looks like mine is Gen1x (well I think it is!!) I`m really not up on all this update thing & will need to get my son to look @ it all seeing as I`m thick!! :confused:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I grabbed the 2019 second release from everyone's favourite torrent site for my Stinger - make sure you get both the software and maps downloaded.
Long story short, all updated very easily - now up to date and rocking the latest software and maps. Many thanks to the OP for the heads-up to the latest release. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I grabbed the 2019 second release from everyone's favourite torrent site for my Stinger - make sure you get both the software and maps downloaded.
Long story short, all updated very easily - now up to date and rocking the latest software and maps. Many thanks to the OP for the heads-up to the latest release. :)
That's a Gen5 nav unit I believe (with Garmin Services and WiFi)? I'm pretty sure my 16-plate Sorento KX4 is Gen 4; I've had a look around but I'm finding it hard to search for the right thing...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I'm pretty sure my 16-plate Sorento KX4 is Gen 4; I've had a look around but I'm finding it hard to search for the right thing...
My advice is to book your vehicle into a KIA dealership and have the map and SW updated there. It’s well worth 25 notes to avoid the aggravation of using ’Torrent’ sites and the DIY approach. Having said that, the Gen4 files were certainly available for download last time I looked but that situation may have changed.

I attach a document which, if nothing else, appears to confirm the Generation applicable to your Sorento.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just found new software & maps on gpspower.net/kia
Downloaded & update my Sportage & Picanto Gen 5 head units with no problems
Seems to be some changes with banners on the radio stations & Sat Nav looks a lot different

Reactions: lvjohn and lufcfan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just updated my 2016 Sportage which is a Gen 2 system. Can't say I've seen anything new on the 2020 firmware upgrade as yet - early days.
IMG_20200310_192441840~2.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seems to be some changes with banners on the radio stations & Sat Nav looks a lot different View attachment 6307 View attachment 6308
Seems to be some changes with banners on the radio stations & Sat Nav looks a lot different View attachment 6307 View attachment 6308
Mah006
mah006, Thanks for the update. I finally got round to doing the update yesterday. I had a service mid March and I wondered if they might have done a SW update then , but no.
When I did the SW update I found that my 2019 map no longer worked so maybe that was why the dealer did not offer an upgrade? anyway updated to 2020 map and all is well. Enjoying the brighter radio banners and more colours on the Sat Nav. Other changes noted - no longer have icons for mobile phone signal or battery strength in upper right corner- but phone still works. Also Sat Nav seems to take a few more seconds to load- but insignificant. Currently self isolating so not much chance to try out any extra features.

Reactions: mah006

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taken this shot from my recently purchased 2016 sportage 2 1.6 petrol. Means absolutely nothing to me, but would anyone know if its up to date.
5E5A2AAF-9B6A-48DD-B7F6-616A11F78E48.jpeg

·
Registered
570 Posts
Around 3 to 4 years out of date Keith

Reactions: Keith.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Taken this shot from my recently purchased 2016 sportage 2 1.6 petrol. Means absolutely nothing to me, but would anyone know if its up to date.
View attachment 6480
Judging by the map number I would say it's out of date. Current maps start EUR.12. etc. Have a look at some of the earlier postings, or search the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All

Thanks for the useful stuff, according to the dealer document which can be found at, there seems to be two files needed, My question is this, can they be on the same card or do you need to have two cards, or do one update for the system, wipe the card then do the maps?

Forgive me if someone has answered this question. in which case please point me the correct bit.

FYI I am trying to find a way to get my sat nav working, as I bought a 67 plate Carens from a Ford dealer/National multi dealer chain, they took out the sd card and put in in a safe but the keys were not on site when I went to collect the car!, so they said they would post it, posted first class on the 3rd of June and still don't have it! otherwise I would have just paid a dealer to do the damn update.

Incidentally my local dealer will not update a "customer supplied part" and when I asked what the difference was between them using their own card they said "it’s company policy"
I don't think as someone new to KIA they will be getting my twice-yearly servicing business then......

·
Registered
19 Posts
FYI I am trying to find a way to get my sat nav working, as I bought a 67 plate Carens from a Ford dealer/National multi dealer chain, they took out the sd card and put in in a safe but the keys were not on site when I went to collect the car!, so they said they would post it, posted first class on the 3rd of June and still don't have it! otherwise I would have just paid a dealer to do the damn update.

Incidentally my local dealer will not update a "customer supplied part" and when I asked what the difference was between them using their own card they said "it’s company policy"
I reckon you should wait until Monday's post arrives. If they put it in the post on Wednesday evening it probably arrived at the sorting office some time Thursday and as the post is unpredictable because of the current situation, and a weekend in between, four days so far doesn't seem too bad.

As for them not using your card I wouldn't take it too personal as it is standard computer practice not to put an unknown card or memory stick into any machine due to the chance of introducing viruses or other security issues into the system.

·
Super Moderator
2,926 Posts
Hi
I have kia ceed III 10/2019 gt line... But i don't have navigation... And adroid car is not good for me...
Do you have software for my car and maps also?
Thank you
We do not supply software or maps
Do you have the device information on your head unit? like the other pics.

201 - 219 of 219 Posts