Kia Owners Club Forum banner

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Is that software version installed by yourself or is it an official install by Kia?
It is KIA's material which I downloaded from a 'Torrent' site and is a further update to the one released by KIA in early 2019. I no longer have the downloaded files to hand but I'm pretty sure this second update of 2019 was dated in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

My head unit was already equipped with the first 2019 update which was also downloaded from the same 'Torrent' site and that matched the edition your head unit is running at the moment. Why it takes so long for KIA UK to equip their dealers with the latest software and mapping for our cars, I have no idea but if thieves can get their hands on the material and disseminate it on the web before the KIA dealers have it suggests that KIA need to tighten up on their security at all levels with input and/or custody of such material.

I might add that, thus far, I can't say that I have noticed any perceptible changes from the previous update. Presumably, there must be some alterations otherwise, why would KIA bother?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have kia ceed III 10/2019 gt line... But i don't have navigation... And adroid car is not good for me...
Do you have software for my car and maps also?
Thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbie when it come to the Satnav on my Sportage!. I`m picking up when looking through the posts, that in order to upgrade the maps & firmware on my 2014 Kia Sportage, I have to choose the 2019 Gen1x files (is this correct?) I will ask my son to download them as he is more tech savvy than me & put them on a USB drive as I don`t have an SD card in the car for doing this.

I have attached the current info on my Satnav, seemingly well out of date!! :rolleyes:

Thanks very much in advance for any help & tips you can give me before I start .....

Al

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbie when it come to the Satnav on my Sportage!. I`m picking up when looking through the posts, that in order to upgrade the maps & firmware on my 2014 Kia Sportage, I have to choose the 2019 Gen1x files (is this correct?) I will ask my son to download them as he is more tech savvy than me & put them on a USB drive as I don`t have an SD card in the car for doing this.

I have attached the current info on my Satnav, seemingly well out of date!! :rolleyes:

Thanks very much in advance for any help & tips you can give me before I start .....

Al
Info on identifying your vehicle Gen and instructions on update are contained in attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Ivjohn & thanks for the comprehensive attachment! :)(y)

It looks like mine is Gen1x (well I think it is!!) I`m really not up on all this update thing & will need to get my son to look @ it all seeing as I`m thick!! :confused:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I grabbed the 2019 second release from everyone's favourite torrent site for my Stinger - make sure you get both the software and maps downloaded.
Long story short, all updated very easily - now up to date and rocking the latest software and maps. Many thanks to the OP for the heads-up to the latest release. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I grabbed the 2019 second release from everyone's favourite torrent site for my Stinger - make sure you get both the software and maps downloaded.
Long story short, all updated very easily - now up to date and rocking the latest software and maps. Many thanks to the OP for the heads-up to the latest release. :)
That's a Gen5 nav unit I believe (with Garmin Services and WiFi)? I'm pretty sure my 16-plate Sorento KX4 is Gen 4; I've had a look around but I'm finding it hard to search for the right thing...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm pretty sure my 16-plate Sorento KX4 is Gen 4; I've had a look around but I'm finding it hard to search for the right thing...
My advice is to book your vehicle into a KIA dealership and have the map and SW updated there. It’s well worth 25 notes to avoid the aggravation of using ’Torrent’ sites and the DIY approach. Having said that, the Gen4 files were certainly available for download last time I looked but that situation may have changed.

I attach a document which, if nothing else, appears to confirm the Generation applicable to your Sorento.

Attachments

201 - 210 of 210 Posts