Kia Owners Club Forum banner

181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ye tried that and when it comes to putting the house number in all but 4 numbers are greyed out, I can select the first two numbers then the sat nav is selecting the 3rd, some times all you have is the post code and house to find a destination.
Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Kriss

I’ve got a MY18 Carens too and the way you enter an address with house number is a bit strange but can be done.

If you choose to input the postcode first the name of the street will come up on screen but then only gives you the option to set as a destination but no way to input the house number.

To get to the exact house and not just the middle of the street you have to input the city, town or village name first then input the name of the street/road until the road your looking for comes up in the predictive address, select the road your looking for and enter it and you will be able to also put the house number in as well.

Strange you can’t do that from the postcode but if I remember right my old Tom-Tom was the same.
Hi thanks that method worked :bounce:yes a strange way to do it but it worked :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried this site kia.naviextras.com. I found it the other day, not used it yet, hope my map is up to date, just got the car last week. The toolbox appears to update sd cards as in Sportage 2016 on.
I have a Kia CEED Reg RK14 (edited out) satnav maps need updating as it's no working properly. ANY HELP? Located PO8 (edited out)

·
Registered
427 Posts
How do I find the version info? I've not got the options to find it. I've looked in system settings and nowhere can I find version info etc....
You don't say which Sportage model you have, but assuming you have a 2016+ with sat nav, look at the row of buttons which are below the sat nav screen. With the ignition on, press the button with the cog wheel (button nearest the driver). On the menu select System Info and then Version (although I think System Info opens straight into Version).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi sorry mr.macspot indeed is a 2016 sporty. I found that pressing and holding bought up the version info as the Info wasnt where i thought it was and where u suggested. All sorted though. Thank you. Now to torrent

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just got back from local Kia dealer this morning after having my maps updated not yet had a look to see whats different. £25 plus free wash.

The wash would have cost me £10 At the local car wash this weekend, so real cost to me £15.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For those that are interested and capable. There is a new update available for KIA GEN5 software and maps available on web-- update 2019 _2.
I have just updated both. Not quite sure what the benefits of the upgrade are as the differences are not as obvious as 1st 2019 update.
Here is a pic of the latest specs.
IMG_20200107_133148[1].jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
For those that are interested and capable. There is a new update available for KIA GEN5 software and maps available on web-- update 2019 _2.
I have just updated both. Not quite sure what the benefits of the upgrade are as the differences are not as obvious as 1st 2019 update.
View attachment 5843
Interesting. @Kia Customer Service can you advise what the update changes please?

I'm having my new head unit replaced next week so will see what software comes on that.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What site did you get the software from IvJohn?

·
Registered
42 Posts
What site did you get the software from IvJohn?
Can't answer for lvjohn but previous comments suggest that the software was available via torrents. WARNING - if you go down this route its all very much AT YOUR OWN RISK. Torrents can be slow / illegal / full of viruses.

·
Registered
526 Posts
View attachment 5843
Just completed the updates on my Sportage & Picanto GT Lines S all working great thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Morning folks,

Just had the headunit replaced on my Optima yesterday so thought i'd share the version info for everyone's information. I can't really make head or tail if the version numbers compared to KCS' post about the 2019 updates on this post: 2019 Map / Software updates

Anyone know how my new head unit software compares?

Attachments

181 - 200 of 210 Posts