Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just updated my 2017 Sporty with the latest 2019 software and maps off the net.Works perfect
So far things I have noticed:
Its added a couple of new icons in the "Information" sub menu, now has "live petrol stations" and "live car-parks", when you click on them it gives you the petrol stations in the vicinity and the associated up to date prices of fuel. Does the same with the carparks too, free and pay.
Uses live data from your phone link, same as live traffic
As for the maps update, they are much more detailed and now include 3d buildings when you are in a town or city too.
See attached pics that i've just taken.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to use a Torrent program and download the files. Once downloaded, just unzip and copy to SD cards, 8Gb card for the software and 32Gb for the Maps. Software update takes about 10 mins in the car. I just overwrite the official Kia SD Card that comes with the car for the maps.
Unfortunately I can't put the Torrent links on here as the Mediators take them down straight away.
Of course you will get the naysayers on here shortly condemning it and saying it can damage your car etc, but this is the 3rd update i've done from the Net since i got the Sporty back in 2017 and everyone,s worked perfect. (Best comment was when some idiot said back in 2018 that one of the updates I posted contained a hidden code that would screw everything up on April 1st!! well guess what April 1st came and went!!)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Maps is maps, innit?
Id guess they'd work in any Kia SatNav - dunno about all the software though, that might be Sporty related.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Worked flawlessly on my french 2019 Sportage (which was not up to date.)
- I downloaded using both magnets (it took me around 15 min for the whole but i'm on 1 Gbps fiber internet)
- I used a 64 Gb SD card (only had this at the moment), formatted in exFAT, and unzipped all that's in Kia_Gen5x_Software_2019.rar at the root of the SD
- Put the SD in the car in place of the maps SD. Car immediately found it and asked if I wanted to update, I said yes.
- Process took around 10 / 15 min, I left the engine on just in case.
Then
- I removed my 64 Gb SD card used for the update
- Took the original maps card that came with the car
- I unzipped all that's in Kia_Gen5x_Map_2019.rar onto this original card, without removing any file that's on it, just saying "yes" when it asks to overwrite all the files already present
- Put the original maps card back in the car

And there you are, all is working flawlessly, and for those of you not english wondering, yes your language will still be there (at least french is perfectly still there).

HTH.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For anyone else trying to get these files i finally managed it, i had to use a vpn and used the pi***e b*y links & it took about an hour to get both which wasn't to bad just hope the install goes to plan ..:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 187 Posts