Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and new to the Niro HEV. I bought the 2019 Niro 4 HEV for the wife at the weekend, but it didn't come with a navigation SD Card. When we bought the car, we didn't realise the SD card was missing or that it needed one for the navigation to run. I have been searching online to find a card to get the maps up and running, but that seems to be a minefield of different versions and software. I tried looking at the system info to find out which firmware is installed in the car, but the NAV APP section is blank; it shows-

Software DE_HEV_18MY.EUR.SOP.006.5.18102
Firmware DE_HEV_18MY.EUR.0.5.313.180905.MICOM
NAV APP
Map

What I need to know is what do I need to do to get the Navigation working, I have tried contacting my Local Kia dealer and they have said that it will cost £208 for the SD card, £25 for the software/Firmware upgrade and then they cant guarantee that it will work or if anything that needs to be done to get it working will be covered by the warranty. I would be tempted to try one of the SD cards that I have seen online for under £100, but I would need to know which one (part/version number) would have been the original one supplied with the car. If anyone has any advice or info I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

Geoff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seller never listed SatNav on the listing and we accepted the car as is; we can live without it if needs be using the Apple Carplay for navigation. I would even be happy to pay the £233 to have it all working if Kia would say the Navigation would be fully functional for that price because we got such a good price for the car, but it is the fact that they said we could pay the fee and still not have it working at the end of it that concerns me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and new to the Niro HEV. I bought the 2019 Niro 4 HEV for the wife at the weekend, but it didn't come with a navigation SD Card. When we bought the car, we didn't realise the SD card was missing or that it needed one for the navigation to run. I have been searching online to find a card to get the maps up and running, but that seems to be a minefield of different versions and software. I tried looking at the system info to find out which firmware is installed in the car, but the NAV APP section is blank; it shows-

Software DE_HEV_18MY.EUR.SOP.006.5.18102
Firmware DE_HEV_18MY.EUR.0.5.313.180905.MICOM
NAV APP
Map

What I need to know is what do I need to do to get the Navigation working, I have tried contacting my Local Kia dealer and they have said that it will cost £208 for the SD card, £25 for the software/Firmware upgrade and then they cant guarantee that it will work or if anything that needs to be done to get it working will be covered by the warranty. I would be tempted to try one of the SD cards that I have seen online for under £100, but I would need to know which one (part/version number) would have been the original one supplied with the car. If anyone has any advice or info I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

Geoff
In my experience of updating maps in my Kia cars you will need the latest software for your headunit for the latest maps to work, just buying a sd card with maps on the card probably wont work in your head unit
Have you the 8 inch screen or the10.25inch wide screen, as that makes a difference too

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my experience of updating maps in my Kia cars you will need the latest software for your headunit for the latest maps to work, just buying a sd card with maps on the card probably wont work in your head unit
Have you the 8 inch screen or the10.25inch wide screen, as that makes a difference too
It is the 10.25" screen, but also with the JBL setup of the 4 trim, not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also realised that the map version has to match the software version, it is the fact that the Map app doesn't show a current version that confuses me, it is like the navigation system is not activated as standard for the highest trim level.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I also realised that the map version has to match the software version, it is the fact that the Map app doesn't show a current version that confuses me, it is like the navigation system is not activated as standard for the highest trim level.
If i take out my map sd card it doesn't show the map version either so to be safe i would load in the latest software & buy a sd card with the latest maps or you can download latest software & maps yourself at your own risk which i have done without any problems so far ;)

·
Banned
5,227 Posts
The seller never listed SatNav on the listing and we accepted the car as is; we can live without it if needs be using the Apple Carplay for navigation. I would even be happy to pay the £233 to have it all working if Kia would say the Navigation would be fully functional for that price because we got such a good price for the car, but it is the fact that they said we could pay the fee and still not have it working at the end of it that concerns me.
Well no dealer can possibly know if there is another fault so I can understand why they have, correctly, advised you of a possible downside. See how much they want to investigate it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If i take out my map sd card it doesn't show the map version either so to be safe i would load in the latest software & buy a sd card with the latest maps or you can download latest software & maps yourself at your own risk which i have done without any problems so far ;)
That's great to know, thanks for checking, it makes me feel a little better about there not being a version number in the system info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well no dealer can possibly know if there is another fault so I can understand why they have, correctly, advised you of a possible downside. See how much they want to investigate it for you.
It's not so much be the fact that they couldn't guaranty getting it working, but it's the fact that they would charge me for the SD Card even if it would not be useable.

·
Super Moderator
6,234 Posts
Well as a guide my 2020 (reg Sept) Niro hev "4" has these versions

Not looked for a SD card...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well as a guide my 2020 (reg Sept) Niro hev "4" has these versions

Not looked for a SD card...

View attachment 9228
Looks out of date, newest version map is (D.G2) ;)
This is the version on my XCeed with 10.25 inch screen

·
Super Moderator
6,234 Posts
Looks out of date, newest version map is (D.G2) ;)
This is the version on my XCeed with 10.25 inch screen

Can see you have the type "2" screen. Mine is type "1"
If that makes any difference?

Last version released 5 months ago, for 10.2 was EUR.12.41.47.551.401.2(D.F9)

·
Banned
5,227 Posts
It's not so much be the fact that they couldn't guaranty getting it working, but it's the fact that they would charge me for the SD Card even if it would not be useable.
No repairer will take back parts which have been installed. To do so would be a Quality System failure. They might borrow an SD card from a loan vehicle to try it but this would be subject to availability of a suitable donor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts