Kia Owners Club Forum banner

241 - 243 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
can someone explain what you can and cant do through KIA's implementation of these features ?
The reply from ‘iooi’ really answers your question and I agree with his view on Waze - It is very good! As an iPhone user, I find CarPlay works really well, allowing me access on the move to both regular texts and Whatsapp messages. Besides those apps, I have Apple music, Amazon Prime music, Spotify plus about 1200 songs that I keep on my phone so I’m never short of music choice.

Although I very much like the Waze nav app, I like to use the integral ‘Here’ offering when I can as it facilitates step-by-step instruction in the instrument binnacle right in front of the driver. That isn’t possible with Google maps, Waze or Apple Maps unfortunately.

Voice control although still rather limited is very useful for sending and receiving texts and Whatsapp messages, apart from the changing of music and radio stations, all without stabbing a finger at the screen while trying to keep an eye on the road ahead which is a dangerous practice.

I guess all those functions are possible through Android Auto too.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
thanks , so this negates the whole poor map updates from the map provider then ! superb !
Yes. Waze has user interaction. You can report traffic levels, roadworks etc.. And even changes in speed limits etc. Mapping is provided by Google.

Having used Android Auto, if a change of car is required. Any that do not have it are dropped straight away.

241 - 243 of 243 Posts