Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 9 years using our tight driveway entrance finally scraped the rear wing on the bricks :(
Trying to get touch up paint and having difficulty.
On the door jamb there is a panel with F52 in top right corner.
The Warranty information Service Record shows the code as "KC" but that's causing a head scratch as that doesn't seem to match with anything. The internet search for Kia 2019 Sportage Lunar Silver paint code shows "CS" or "CSS"...

Obviously I don't want to buy a paint that doesn't match!
Any other Lunar Silver GTLine owners with better knowledge?
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
The manufacturers plate will be on either the drivers or passenger door pillar. Mines on the passenger side. Its a black plate and has the chassis number and the respective weight tolerences for the vehicle. It also say PAINT and TRIM under which are the relevant codes. That should be the definitive code.
KC on a Google search shows Kia Sparkling Silver. Code - KC or KCS

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies.
I've looked but all I have are VIN No tags on doors and pillars plus this plate as attached.
There's no black plate
I've used the Kia Parts system but it doesn't show WHAT the colour is called, or a paint code for me to verify, simply accepts the VIN and asks for £15....
lvjohn: What paint code is on your GTLine?
The KC code shows as Sparkling Silver but for years 2014 to 2018, not 2019....

Why would there be a KC code AND a KCS code unless they were different in some way?
Why call them BOTH Sparkling Silver Metallic?

As for Google Searching: KIA Sportage Lunar Silver KC Touch Up Paint (NOT Sparkling Silver) KIA Sportage Lunar Silver KC Touch Up Paint

How irritating... I'll be out with a fine toothed comb tomorrow to track down any other plate!

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Your looking at the wrong door plate, that is for tyre pressures. Look on the other side of the car, it's a dark coloured plate with silver writing. Mine is between the two doors and looks like the attached image, yours should look similar. It has the VIN (white arrow) and all the various weights. The paint code on mine is in the red circle.
Your VIN number is also recorded on your Registration Certificate (V5).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah!! Thanks! BETWEEN the two passenger doors!! Now found it and shows as "CS" whereas Warranty booklet has "KC"
So we have CS Sparkling Silver; CSS Sparkling Silver and KC Lunar Silver, all seemingly the same colour.....
Why 3 different codes if they are supposed to be the same shade?

Many thanks for detailing where that pesky code was located. It's not an easy location to take a photo, so thanks for doing that.

Reactions: mr.macspot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts