Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

New to the forum, thanks for having me.

We purchased a 2018 Sorento KX3 a couple of months ago and noticed that it's become a very bouncy ride recently, it feel's like there is very little give in the rear shocks at all and even minor bumps in the road send the car bouncing.

I am unsure if this has self levelling suspension but I believe from what I've read that it does. We have not towed with the vehicle and although we have had it full of 7 people or 5 and a boot full of luggage it hasn't been over weighed down.

I was told it is possible for the SLS to lock out and cause this ride issue, has anyone ever experienced this before and if so would it be covered under warranty to be fixed?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this problem on my 2017 KX3 two years ago and have it again now, the last time I had problems, I mentioned it when being serviced and they told me the self-levling shock asorbers were locked anyway I had to wait a few days for new shocks to arrive but was all done under warranty.
This time it only seems to be one side? Booking it in as soon as possible!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this problem on my 2017 KX3 two years ago and have it again now, the last time I had problems, I mentioned it when being serviced and they told me the self-levling shock asorbers were locked anyway I had to wait a few days for new shocks to arrive but was all done under warranty.
Hi Alan,

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond, its reassuring to hear that the issue was resolved under warranty albeit concerning it seems to have occurred again for you. I’ve got the car booked in next week for the issue to be diagnosed and I really hope mine are locked as otherwise I’ll be looking at either replacing the shocks with non self levelling or possibly even chopping the car in as it’s not something my family can live with, even in the drivers seat I felt motion sickness after bouncing about on a B road for half an hour and I don’t get motion sickness very easily. Thanks again for your response, I hope you get yours sorted again without issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just wanted to thank you again for your response, just collected the car from dealership having had both rear shocks replaced under warranty and the issue has been resolved

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear that booked mine in for early September - you can enjoy your car again now!
Hope yours gets sorted without issue when it goes in. I honestly think ours must have been on the way out when we bought it as the car is so comfortable now it's like a completely different car, it finally is the car we expected it to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts