Kia Owners Club Forum banner

2018 KIA SPORTAGE 1.6 T-GDI GT-LINE

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Vancouver68 
#1 ·
Today I am due to collect my first Sportage from my local Kia dealership. Excited & nervous I’m going from a little Citroen c3 to this, it only has one previous owner and 19k miles.
I’ve read through some posts on the forum that I need to make sure that it comes with the SD card. Is there anything else I should check/ask before I drive away?

See less See more
#2 ·
Is there anything else I should check/ask before I drive away?
Welcome to the forum, 'B.sportage'.

Above all else, you need to check the service record as, while KIA provides a great warranty, unless the service history is impeccable, you may find that you have problems trying to have any necessary repairs performed under that warranty during your ownership.

Specifically, you must check that the service record is up-to-date and that any services that have been performed were within the time or mileage limits laid down in the owner's handbook. If the vehicle has been maintained outside of the KIA dealer network, I'd recommend you find another car!

If, however, the car is a genuine bargain and in compliance with the servicing requirements, you should have no problems with it.

Good luck!

#3 ·
What a day for you, its like a late Xmas... 😁

Basic stuff would be the usual they run through, locking wheel nut key, spare key fob and codes etc. Pay attention to the paintwork and wheels, don't accept it without getting any issues sorted by the seller. It should be a pretty slick process but don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm not saying you'll get the correct answers but it might save some typing on here tomorrow. 😉 Good to have a handbook included in the sale just in case.

One thing I would check is that the service history is fully documented. It should be fine but there are extra hoops to jump through if it's been serviced outside of the kia dealer network. It's just a double check for you as I'm sure the salesman was promoting the balance of the warranty.

Good luck with the handover and the car 👍

Oh and see if you can get the latest nav/audio update if not already done. It's £40 a time after they hand you the keys.

#4 ·
It is not everyones choice but I would ask about a Service Plan, there are savings to be had. You can check out Kia's own Service Plans on their web site, and use it as a comparison. I'd ask if the media/sat nav is up to date.
Agree with both the previous comments. Good luck and I wish you well with the car.

#5 ·
as others have said.... check the service history very carefully. Even if you never need to claim on the 7 year warranty it will dramatically effect future value of this vehicle if it not in order.
also be aware this spec sportage isn’t the most economical (23-33mpg) and every 15 - 20 thousand miles it’ll need new tyres (and they aren’t cheap) obviously depends on the type of driving and driver you are.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the advice, the SD card was in the car along with the locking wheel nut, it has only been serviced & had MOT’s at Kia all up to day.
I feel incredibly happy to have such a wonderful car with lots of great additions.
The only problem I am having it that the boot button on my key doesn’t open my boot?

#17 ·
B.sportage. I've messaged you with a specification sheet of the 2017 Sportage it should be the same has yours. I hope it's of some help.
Most of it's correct but not all. It say mine doesn't have ISG but it does.
Unfortunately Kia's specification sheets are as fluid as a bucket of water. Last year the Sportage specs went from version 8 in the January to the current downloadable version 13 in the July. They are, at best, a guide. :):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.