Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New to the forum as, like many people, I tend to only seek out and join when I have that first question... apologies for not dropping by sooner.

My front brake pads were cited as approaching minimum (but not low enough to invoke the MOT insurance cover they sold me). I elected to change them myself rather than pay them £400 for discs and pads - the discs are fine having had access to them today.

Ordered parts from Euro Car Parts using the registration number of the vehicle and thought all would be well. Not so, they're too small. Seems the GTLine has larger brakes and they couldn't supply. I have searched the forums as best I can and turned up no results. Does anyone know of a supplier (other than Kia) who could provide the correct size brake pads? Is there a known part number doing the rounds I could use to search the t'interweb?

Many thanks in advance,

-=Faz=-

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you might find some interesting stuff if you get bored and trawl the various forums. 😁

Kiapartsdirect is a seller on here and should be able to discern what part no. you need. I've had similar issues with tracing through the euro parts checker.

For info, I've just had my ceed serviced and they told me the same, 50% wear on pads and discs, must be replaced. Interestingly my brakes haven't been kia equipment for some years so I have no idea if the measurements they quoted were based on fact or just the assumed kia values. Their prices were at least 50% over what some local independents have quoted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.